OtakuBoards

Giant Robo

Japan

[SIZE="1"]Before I start this thread off I will have to apologise if I offend anyone. I only watched the first episode. This is just my opinion of it so far and if I am ever bored enough to watch another episode. Now here's my thoughts:

When it first started out I laughed out loud and said loudly, this is so lame! Here are my reasons for this. The evil organization reminds me of the KKK. When they were introducing the heros, Justice League came to mind. ( I do not have anything wrong against Justice League) Anyways, it's over dramatic and the main hero is boy and his robot named Giant Robo. I really hate overly dramatic and cheesy anime. Don't you?[/SIZE]

The thing about Giant Robo is that everything it is, it is on purpose. (How's that for a sentence?) Where one man sees cheesy and over-dramatic, another will see retro and [i]epic[/i]. It's considered by many to be the best OVA ever made, due to its production values, its musical score and its sheer scale. But anything based--even loosely--on a robot manga from the 60s is bound to be a matter of taste.

~Dagger~