OtakuBoards

Art programs

Udon

[quote name='cancer'][SIZE="1"]Adobe Illustrator would be a good program to have. Adobe Fireworks and Flash wouldn't be bad to have either. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

hmm. well adobe illustrator is good for vector type works but if its like painting/cg stuff I would sugegst using Open Canvas. A lot of CG artists use that program. Flash is more for like flash videos.

[font="trebuchet ms"] Photoshop isn't a necessity. If you concentrate on one program and become proficient at it, you don't need a slew of art programs just for the sake of having a bunch of art programs. Stuff like Painter or Open Canvas can work just as well.[/font]

• 1 month later...
I usually use Paint shop pro 9, because thats the only thing I have, but my sister uses Corel Draw for a few things.

Lunox is right, some people think that you have to have Photoshop cs3 Extended to make good graphics, but on MyO there is one person that I think is [b]very[/b] good at graphics. She uses paint shop pro 8.

Doesn't James use paint shop pro 7?

I'm using Photoshop CS2, but I believe taht every programs are good if you know how to use it.. I mean, some people can draw Mona Lisa with MS Paint--> [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk2sPl_Z7ZU[/url]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]I'm surprised no one's mentioned the free programs out there, that are similiar to PSP and Photoshop.

Paint.NET - I use this for pretty much everything. It may be lacking of a few Photoshop tools and stuff, but it will not disappoint. Once you know how to use it, I doubt you'll get rid of it unless you buy PSP or Photoshop.

GIMP - I haven't figured this one out yet, but it's rather popular, so I'd give it a try.

PhotoFiltre - I got rid of it quickly. I'm sure it would work for you, but it was just taking up space since I never used it, in favour of Paint.NET

So what do I reccommend? Any of those, but it's in order from best to worst in my opinion.

I'd try 'em out.

(Also, if you're just editing photos, Picasa is a good option. But it's pretty stripped-down and basic.)
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Guest chickenkrazy
[quote name='Sayrin']I'm using Photoshop CS2, but I believe taht every programs are good if you know how to use it.. I mean, some people can draw Mona Lisa with MS Paint--> [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk2sPl_Z7ZU[/url][/QUOTE]

lol thats awsome XD. i wish i could do that but i lack the concentration and steady hands to do that. :animesigh

nheh that and i think that its true that u can create using whatever program u want. its all up to the creator if they think its bad they can fix it to how they want/imagine nheh. programs only there to aid. Eyes of the beholder sort of thing nheh.