Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[FONT="Verdana"]I know that Photoshop is a necessity, but im curious about what other programs do you use to edit/draw/color you anime?

[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='cancer'][SIZE="1"]Adobe Illustrator would be a good program to have. Adobe Fireworks and Flash wouldn't be bad to have either. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

hmm. well adobe illustrator is good for vector type works but if its like painting/cg stuff I would sugegst using Open Canvas. A lot of CG artists use that program. Flash is more for like flash videos.
Posted
Agreeing with everything already mentioned... There's also (corel?) Painter.

I personally have Photoshop, Illustrator, and Open Canvas. I had Painter, but lost it when my computer died T_T
Posted
[font="trebuchet ms"] Photoshop isn't a necessity. If you concentrate on one program and become proficient at it, you don't need a slew of art programs just for the sake of having a bunch of art programs. Stuff like Painter or Open Canvas can work just as well.[/font]
  • 1 month later...
Posted
I usually use Paint shop pro 9, because thats the only thing I have, but my sister uses Corel Draw for a few things.

Lunox is right, some people think that you have to have Photoshop cs3 Extended to make good graphics, but on MyO there is one person that I think is [b]very[/b] good at graphics. She uses paint shop pro 8.

Doesn't James use paint shop pro 7?
Posted
You can still make super crazy stuff on PS7 too. It's barely different from PSCS3. It's jsut the little things that are different. But I agree. You don't need a bajillion different programs to make something great.
Posted
I'm using Photoshop CS2, but I believe taht every programs are good if you know how to use it.. I mean, some people can draw Mona Lisa with MS Paint--> [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk2sPl_Z7ZU[/url]
Posted
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]I'm surprised no one's mentioned the free programs out there, that are similiar to PSP and Photoshop.

Paint.NET - I use this for pretty much everything. It may be lacking of a few Photoshop tools and stuff, but it will not disappoint. Once you know how to use it, I doubt you'll get rid of it unless you buy PSP or Photoshop.

GIMP - I haven't figured this one out yet, but it's rather popular, so I'd give it a try.

PhotoFiltre - I got rid of it quickly. I'm sure it would work for you, but it was just taking up space since I never used it, in favour of Paint.NET

So what do I reccommend? Any of those, but it's in order from best to worst in my opinion.

I'd try 'em out.

(Also, if you're just editing photos, Picasa is a good option. But it's pretty stripped-down and basic.)
[/FONT][/COLOR]
Guest chickenkrazy
Posted
[quote name='Sayrin']I'm using Photoshop CS2, but I believe taht every programs are good if you know how to use it.. I mean, some people can draw Mona Lisa with MS Paint--> [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk2sPl_Z7ZU[/url][/QUOTE]

lol thats awsome XD. i wish i could do that but i lack the concentration and steady hands to do that. :animesigh

nheh that and i think that its true that u can create using whatever program u want. its all up to the creator if they think its bad they can fix it to how they want/imagine nheh. programs only there to aid. Eyes of the beholder sort of thing nheh.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...