OtakuBoards

Things I wish I could forget

Rachmaninoff

A little while ago I started a thread about things you forgot, things that you didn?t intend to forget, but still did anyway. Well today the thread is things you want to forget. XP Because they are either annoying, embarrassing or who knows why. In the end, there is some reason that makes you wish you could forget. Perhaps it?s a bad grade you got on a test, or a speeding ticket. I?m sure there are lots of things we wish could go back and change.

I got to thinking about this after that prank by Des on Valentines Day? not that I want to forget, even though that had me banging my head on my desk off and on most of the day, but rather because it?s something I imagine I?ll never forget. XP So though we have memories we?ll probably never forget and some are fun, I imagine there are others we really do want to forget.

For example, being an a car accident a few years ago and needing to have surgery on my leg and being bedridden for a while, that would be something for me. It was a royal pain in the rear and there are times I wish that I could forget how much that hurt. XP Though time has done that job well enough, in that the memory is no longer so vivid. Anyway, anything that you want to forget? And if so? why?

And after all this you still call yourself his fanboy.:p

Anyway, Strep Throat. I've had it twice and it doesn't get any more fun the second time around. Sure, you don't have to go to school, but here's the fun of that if you are in constant agonizing pain? I wanted to tear my own throat out because I was pretty sure it would hurt less.

Also, today an acquaintance of mine threw one of my friends to the ground [B]at church[/B] for no discernible reason. Said friend lay on the couch sobbing in pain for a good 45 minutes while one of my other friends and I tracked him down and told him not to come back (we've dealt with him before. This is his 4th stint of Church hiatus. The previous evictions were based on similar circumstances. If he comes back, us calm, peaceful Christians may just have to kill him.)

[FONT="Arial"]Until recently I always saw no point in having regrets. If the present is fine, what would going back and changing the past really accomplish? Or, more logically, thinking about how much you wish something didn't happen? I'm more interested in the present and the future and keeping them as happy as possible.

But I finally thought of something I wouldn't mind forgetting. When I entered high school my mom made me go to the school she taught at, which none of my friends went to. I was extremely shy and introverted then, so making new friends was near impossible. Somehow I found a couple of people I actually cared about with the same intensity as I did my friends at the other school.

My sophomore year, one of them had transferred to a different school, and I never even saw the other, not even in passing. I couldn't handle being alone all over again, and my parents finally let me switch to the school all my friends went to.

I haven't spoken to either of the two in over a year, and now I'm kind of wishing I had never met them because I probably won't ever see them again, and I just don't want to miss them.

But really, I think it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

"Forget regret, or life is yours to miss."[/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"]For the most part I don't have things that I wish I could forget, since it's better to have the experience in the long run. Even if the memory is painful. But there are a few things I could do without. One being sinus infections, so those things can be so damn painful at times. But the other... Not that I want to forget what happened to my brother when he was killed, but rather that I wish I hadn't seen that. Even though it's been nearly seven years, that memory at times can really hurt. It's a selfish wish in the sense I wish it had never happened in the first place, not that I want to forget about my brother. I just wish he was still alive. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Aceburner']And after all this you still call yourself his fanboy.:p[/QUOTE]You know... I'm wondering that myself. XP Anyway...

Another thing, a girl I grew up with, a rather delusional one at that. Since she got on this tangent of how her and I were meant to be when other than to know her from school and such. I never once had an interest in her or dated her. I still run into that twit from time to time and each time I wonder how someone can behave like that.

I don't see how having her show up and attempt to insert herself into my life is something I even want to remember. I'm just glad that the fool for now has left me alone and I'd like for it to stay that way.

[SIZE="1"]There are several things I wish to forget. When I begin thinking about what I want to forget, I start thinking the opposite. It may be a great thought to forget about for example, a car accident, but you then instead think of it this way. I can now understand what other people had to go through when they got into accidents. Not only that, I am a better person and know to be more careful next time. Any mistake you make in life can turn into a learning experience. [/SIZE]

[font=tahoma][size=1][LIST]
[*]My boyfriend cheating on me last summer.
[*]My recent car accident and losing my car.
[*]My grandma dieing this year. Although I wouldn't want to forget about her.
[*]Getting robbed on Christmas, my computer being stolen etc.
[*]Getting fired from my job
[*]Having an emotional breakdown
[/LIST]

Good Times.[/FONT][/size]

I remember when I was quite a few years younger I used to sleep with my cat. I felt like I had just gotten to sleep and I was startled awake. I was holding the cat by the throat in the air. The cat had a habit or layong on peoples faces while they slept and it was probably instinctual but it was still creepy.