OtakuBoards

Your Control Panel

Solo Tremaine

[COLOR=#503F86]Yours, and mine, in fact.

I was just wondering... I don't subscribe to any threads, but I've always wondered why, after adjusting your Control Panel, that you're always automatically redirected to the 'Subscribed Threads' page. I know all the links are in the left-hand sidebar anyway, but do you think it would be worth having links to the rest of your user sub-pages on the Control Panel default page, or at least a confirmation message that your changes have been saved after doing something to them?

I know it's only a tiny little thing that probably doesn't bother anyone else, but I've thought about it ever since I first joined.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine][COLOR=#503F86']I know it's only a tiny little thing that probably doesn't bother anyone else,[/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]No, actually, go ahead and make that two. I've been curious for a while about that, but I never really felt the need to bring it up.[/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]That's just the user cp home page that it takes you to. It lists new PMs, new infractions, subscribed forums, subscribed threads with new replies, and would also list user reputation changes if we had that feature enabled. The actual List Subscriptions page for subscribed threads is just for managing your subscriptions, it doesn't display the same info as the main user cp page.

And I might be able to make it give a confirmation notice at the top of the page upon successfully changing something. But it would be way more trouble than it would be worth since it would require editing multiple templates across multiple skins and possibly a few bits of the back end PHP scripts as well.[/color]

[COLOR=#503F86]I thought that was probably the case. I wouldn't worry about it, then :p

But I've still never seen any of the new PMs, infractions or anything else listed there; for me it's always just been the Subscribed Threads bit. Maybe I've just never clicked on User CP when I've had new PMs or infractions... whatever they are o_o;[/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]For PMs to show up on the user cp page they have to be unread. And since most people go straight to the PM page when they get a new one, they never see them listed on the user cp page.

For an infraction to show up you'd have to have been given one by a mod. Which for you is pretty unlikely.[/color]