OtakuBoards

theO Link

Allamorph

[FONT=Arial]Self-explanatory title, really.

I think, what since Adam went and linked back to the Boards on theO's main page, we should return the favor. I mean, we already have a [B]OB Network[/B] slot on the sideboard, there. Why not just add one on? Make things all friendly and what?

Eh?[/FONT]

[font=franklin gothic medium]We actually have several links at the bottom of the page. And we have had those links there for a while. :catgirl:

Having said that, we actually need to update the OB Network link soon; I suspect that we'll be adding a few more items to that for broader network coverage. So stay tuned.[/font]

[FONT=Arial]There is?

.....oh. So there is.

But who looks down there, anyway? :p (In seriousness, it does feel rather shunted to the side a bit. I just think one up under the [B]OB Network[/B] header would be much more noticeable, and more brotherly.)

(Or sisterly, since they [I]are[/I] sister sites.)[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]There is?

.....oh. So there is.

But who looks down there, anyway? :p (In seriousness, it does feel rather shunted to the side a bit. I just think one up under the [B]OB Network[/B] header would be much more noticeable, and more brotherly.)

(Or sisterly, since they [I]are[/I] sister sites.)[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Yeah, Adam put that link there a while ago.

I think part of the reason it hasn't been prominent is because it hasn't been necessary. In terms of visitor base, OtakuBoards very much relies on theOtaku.com for new memberships - we are, after all, theOtaku's official forums. And it's been that way for as long as I can remember.

On the other hand, I'd say that there are few people who register here first and [i]then[/i] make their way to theOtaku.com (they do exist, but they are in the minority).

So this is probably why it hasn't been too necessary. Also, as you can see, we have a major button linking to theOtaku.com's Podcast.

Anyway, I'm making a short story long. But yes, you can expect the navigation menu links to be refreshed shortly. This will include a link to theOtaku.com, as well as to some specific Worlds.[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]But yes, you can expect the navigation menu links to be refreshed shortly. This will include a link to theOtaku.com, as well as to some specific Worlds.[/font][/quote]

[FONT=Arial]Cool. I look forward to it, and I know you'll do a good job already, so good job in advance. :p

The rest is just me talkin' and thinkin'. Don't read too much into it. :)

[QUOTE=James][font=franklin gothic medium]I think part of the reason it hasn't been prominent is because it hasn't been necessary. In terms of visitor base, OtakuBoards very much relies on theOtaku.com for new memberships - we are, after all, theOtaku's official forums. And it's been that way for as long as I can remember.

On the other hand, I'd say that there are few people who register here first and [i]then[/i] make their way to theOtaku.com (they do exist, but they are in the minority).

So this is probably why it hasn't been too necessary. Also, as you can see, we have a major button linking to theOtaku.com's Podcast.[/font][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I kinda knew that, really. It's just that down there it looks like an afterthought, and to the side and more prominently would be more of a [I]"Hey, we're proud of this affiliation!"[/I] deal, you know? That was the big thing for me. It's almost like right now we don't really want you to know we're with theOtaku if you come here from somewhere else. That was it, really. Aesthetics and a lack of a feeling of pride.

But since we've hashed that out already, it's no big deal. (^_^)

-A[/FONT] Edited by Allamorph

[font=franklin gothic medium]Our affiliation with theOtaku.com definitely goes deeper than any other site - I wouldn't even call it an affiliation anyway. theOtaku.com is our parent site and it's really always been the center of the network.

OB has more or less been complimentary to theOtaku. It's just been interesting that over the years OB has become its own site in some ways (especially with RPGs and such). Just goes to show how innovative the network's community can be I guess. :catgirl:

Anyway, those links have been updated. theOtaku.com and OB World are now linked from our main page.

I will see if we can update the links at the bottom of the page too; Adam may want something slightly different now. I'll speak to him about it as soon as I see him.[/font]