OtakuBoards

Problem With Laptop Screen

cancer

My Toshiba Satellite laptop is running Windows Vista, and earlier I pressed hibernate, and didn't know how to get it out of hibernate so I pressed a lot of buttons (I don't even know what), but now, after I manually restarted the computer, the contrast/brightness is all messed up. I know how to fix the brightness, but the contrast/brightness of the actual images on my taskbar and websites is still screwed up. The google logo looks like its doubled too, it's weird. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Thanks.

[FONT=Arial]I couldn't tell you exactly what the problem is, but I can explain Hibernate for you. (^_^)

As opposed to the Sleep function, which is basically Energy Save Mode for the computer, Hibernate actually turns off the CPU, but keeps your session in memory. To resume your session, you'll have to physically turn the computer back on, instead of just wiggling the mouse. Everything will be just as it was when you Hibernated (just like it would be with Sleep), it's just that the main difference is power-off instead of power-down.

And even though I'd be willing to bet that someone else could immediately help you with the issue, I'd like to see what you're seeing; could you takes some screenshots, prettyplease? :p[/FONT]

In the image I posted, you can see examples of how the brightness/contrast is out of whack, and it's obviously not the screen brightness that's the problem.

[URL=http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=prtscrn1pm4.jpg][IMG]http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/3170/prtscrn1pm4.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[color=#4B0082]Um ... brightness and contrast screen settings are independent of the images displayed on it. A screen shot taken on a messed up screen will look fine on a properly configured one. So that screen shot looks perfectly normal to me?the Google logo is identical to the one I see when I view the actual web page, for example.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to adjust the screen settings on your laptop. Do you still have the manual for it, or can you look up the manual online? It should tell how to configure that stuff.[/color]