OtakuBoards

Digimon: The First DigiDestined

Ellerby

[CENTER][b]Digimon: The First DigiDestined[/b]
[b]UNDERGROUND[/b][/CENTER]
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]So this is the backstage thread where we can talk out of character about what's going on and such. Right now we should be concentrating on just figuring out each others characters personalities and also learning about the Digital World (but not necessarily [i]why[/i] they're in the DigiWorld, they don't know they're DigiDestined yet and neither do the Digimon).

Thoughts? Also mention here if you have ideas about like Bad Guys and such so we can plan having them in the RP ahead of time. I'm thinking I want to stay away from Black Gears and Digimon but we could still have some sort of Digimon that can control other Digimon or something. Puppetmon maybe?[/COLOR][/FONT]

[indent][b]CHARACTER INFO[/b]
Rem and Koemon - [url=http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=809508&postcount=3][COLOR="DimGray"]Click Here[/COLOR][/url]
Kredion and ??? - [url=http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=809473&postcount=2][COLOR="DimGray"]Click Here[/COLOR][/url]
Russel ([url=http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=809529&postcount=4][COLOR="DimGray"]Click Here[/COLOR][/url]) & Guilmon ([url=http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=809767&postcount=6][COLOR="DimGray"]Click Here[/COLOR][/url])
Mist and Veemon - [url=http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=809754&postcount=5][COLOR="DimGray"]Click Here[/COLOR][/url]
Judith and Lopmon - [url=http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=809784&postcount=8][COLOR="DimGray"]Click Here[/COLOR][/url][/indent]

[url]http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Digimon_Wiki[/url]

Here is a place to look up a few Ideas for Digimon.

As for Personalities.. Kredions for example.. He might seem like he is acting tough because of the simple fact being he is a paraniod schizophrenic Thus he can't trust himself much less others. As we go on we will learn more about how this happened and eventually how he fixes it.. Gotta love the digital world Where the shaping of reality is only as frim as our grasp of it and your belief of it. Often he gets annoyed and well scared and manifests it as hate on him and others. He does bottle up emotions and refuses to let himself seem weak because in a way the people outside he feels would pounce on that and use it to in a sense destory him.. Any questions?

Fair enough. I'll try to remember that.

I'd like to see Myotismon in some way, shape or form at some point. Also, I noticed Zen hasn't posted yet. If we give him about a week or so and there's still nothing, I'll be happy to take over, if it's okay. He's my partner, after all.

EDIT: Also pertaining to villains: If all else fails for ultimate boss, We could always fall back on the [URL="http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Seven_Great_Demon_Lords"][U]Demon Lords[/U][/URL] or [URL="http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Yggdrasil"][U]Yggdrasil[/U][/URL], who never seems to be in working order. Silly omnipotent computer.

For villans, I kinda want to see Myotismon too. Puppetmon would be cool too. I also have a question abotu Aceburner's last post. According to what you said, Veemon followed Kredion. Yet Ugamon's prior post simply had Kredion glance at Veemon before finding Seadramon several minutes later.

Should my next post have Veemon ready to attack Seadramon or maybe looking for Kredion. Either way is fine, I'm just a bit confused.

[QUOTE=PyrusDragon;810048
Should my next post have Veemon ready to attack Seadramon or maybe looking for Kredion. Either way is fine, I'm just a bit confused.[/QUOTE]

Doing Both would be most beleiveable.. Considering it like a twenty to thirty foot serpent it wouldn't be undisputible to see it through the treetops. However A strategic Hit and Run might not be a bad idea.. hehe Considering this is a Rookie Vs a Champion. Not to mention this Seadramon is really only upset that someone is tresspassing on what he sees as his domain.

[quote name='PyrusDragon']For villans, I kinda want to see Myotismon too. Puppetmon would be cool too. I also have a question abotu Aceburner's last post. According to what you said, Veemon followed Kredion. Yet Ugamon's prior post simply had Kredion glance at Veemon before finding Seadramon several minutes later.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry about that. I wasn't sure exactly if Veemon went with him, but I figured he'd at least tag along since they're partners. Take it however you will. The group'll probably meet up again soon, anyway, if we want to go that way.

Also, the way I ended my post is up for grabs. It could be Seadramon or something else entirely. Heck, it doesn't even have to be aggressive. I basically figured the explanation should get out of the way and then I kind of ran out of ideas so I ended with a cliffhanger.:animeswea

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Keep in mind that the Digimon and the DigiDestined are rarely seperated. If a Chosen Child is thrown off a cliff by a Kuwagumon, their Digimon will jump off after them in an attempt to save them. The Digimon's job is to protect the DigiDestined.[/COLOR][/FONT]

I Know that and it was a point i was sort of counting on.. Many people jokely call it the Empathic Tether which kind of makes sense. Kredion has alot to learn.. and he could from others.. but i think the others might just end up learning a thing or two from him. Caution and overthinking being his normal nature he isn't against physical violence. But refrains from it unless a situation requires it.. or he's just annoyed. Seriously though.. who here would find it funny as heck if he comes running back with a Seadramon on his tail.. heh Maybe it's just my ironic sense of humor. Oh and the way i had seen it was Kredion Looked at Veemon not as in making Eyecontact but just to look at the oddity as it was.. and that sort of sparked his mind into thinking mode.

~Ugamon~

[quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Digimon that can control other Digimon or something. Puppetmon maybe?[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Come to think of it, [URL="http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Parasimon#Parasimon"][U]Parasimon[/U][/URL] can do that. Might be a fun miniboss or something. Then again, he's a Mega, so that'd probably be a bit down the line.

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Something I've been thinking about for a while since I started re-watching the first season (in Japanese, ftw!) is the crests. I know I let us all pick our own (Passion, Memory and Luck) but I realize now that none of those really work.

The whole point of the crest is it's the DigiDestined's [i]main[/i] personality trait. Example, Joe is cowardly, intelligent and responsible but above all he is [i]reliable[/i]. His crest is reliability.

If you watch the first season from the beginning (especially if you've seen it all before) you really notice that each characters trait comes out from the very beginning. From Matt being worried about finding his friends to Takeru always having hope.

So, because of all of this I would like to give the Chosen Children another chance to change our crests (this includes myself). If it means you have to re-write your character a bit then so be it. If you feel that your current crest fits fine and you can RP your character while keeping that trait in mind in all their actions then you can do that. I know I am changing Rem's though.

Since it'll be a while before we actually get our tags you have a while to decide on a crest. Rem will probably be either Truth or Justice. Aceburner, you can change Russ' since Zen hasn't been participating.

[b]EDIT:[/b] Also, I had another thought. Since things seem to be getting a little confusing with the Digimon and DigiDestined being controlled by two different members what do you guys think about just everyone being a Chosen Child with their own Digimon? We don't have to, I just want to know what you guys think.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"][b]EDIT:[/b] Also, I had another thought. Since things seem to be getting a little confusing with the Digimon and DigiDestined being controlled by two different members what do you guys think about just everyone being a Chosen Child with their own Digimon? We don't have to, I just want to know what you guys think.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I'm adaptable, So I'm fine either way. Besides, it seems to have happened for me anyway.

As for crests, I thought of a great one the other day: Adaptability. The ability to roll with a punch and keep your head in any situation. Good?

Also, going by the shows, there's usually about 3-5 main arcs with their own "boss." I'm gonna be talkin' spoilers here.

Adventure: Devimon, Etemon, Myotismon, Dark Masters, Apocalymon

02: Digimon Emperor, Arukenimon and Mummymon, Oikawa, MaloMyotismon

Tamers: Hypnos, Devas, Sovereigns, D-Reaper.

Frontier: "Other" Spirits, Cherubimon, Royal Knights, Lucemon

Savers: Working for DATS, Merukimon, the Bio-Hybrids, Professor Kurata and Belphemon, Yggdrasill

Do we want to use this pattern? It seems to work pretty well.

[quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"][b]EDIT:[/b] Also, I had another thought. Since things seem to be getting a little confusing with the Digimon and DigiDestined being controlled by two different members what do you guys think about just everyone being a Chosen Child with their own Digimon? We don't have to, I just want to know what you guys think.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I would be okay with that... But would I get to take Lopmon or you keep him??? Or, I have an idea. Since you could get Lopmon, Ace is adopting Russel, and Ugamon is going to take Veemon, maybe if I were to create a character, you guys could choose my digimon just to keep it fair...

We could introduce the new characters as a second group. (Pyrusdragon and myself) And they could be seperated, but meet up due to the battle between Seadramon.

As far as enemies: I'm not opposed to any of them. I only ever watched the 2nd season because the thought of the armor DNA digivolutions amused me to no end, and at that point, I wasn't ever really familiar with the names of the enemies...

[quote name='Darren']I would be okay with that... But would I get to take Lopmon or you keep him??? Or, I have an idea. Since you could get Lopmon, Ace is adopting Russel, and Ugamon is going to take Veemon, maybe if I were to create a character, you guys could choose my digimon just to keep it fair...[/QUOTE]
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Each member keeps what they signed up with. So I keep Rem and make my own Digimon, you would keep Lopmon and make your own Destined and so on and so forth. That way each person only has to write one new sign-up as opposed to a Destined [i]and[/i] a Digimon sign up. The only exception being Aceburner who already has Russ.

So for stopping the whole partners thing and changing so that each person controls their own Digimon and Destined, we have 3 yays and 0 nays. We just need to see what Ugamon and PyrusDragon want.[/COLOR][/FONT]

* borrows The former Digimon Queen Ginny's Mod rod and Rips a hole in the fabric of time and space. After pulling something completel out of the rip and then sealing it back up he returns the Mod Rod*

Ok.. whatever.. Hell Determination has always been a trait i have seen from Kredion so whatever works for you people. I am not completely unreasonable. Now let me see.. Who can i have for a Digimon.. *evil grin* Oh this could be fun.

[quote name='Ugamon']* borrows The former Digimon Queen Ginny's Mod rod and Rips a hole in the fabric of time and space. After pulling something completel out of the rip and then sealing it back up he returns the Mod Rod*[/QUOTE]
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Aww, I miss Ginny. She had [i]the best[/i] Digimon fan art. :(

Determination is a great one. I think Rem will either have Truth or Reliability. So I guess let's write the new sign-ups into the posts with our first ones in the Audition thread. Just edit 'em in. That way I can link directly to each post (which will contain that persons Digimon and Destined) in my first post of this thread (seeing as eventually the Audition thread will be off the first page).[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Ugamon']Ok.. whatever.. Hell Determination has always been a trait i have seen from Kredion so whatever works for you people. I am not completely unreasonable. Now let me see.. Who can i have for a Digimon.. *evil grin* Oh this could be fun.[/QUOTE]

You may not have Lucemon. I will attack you myself.:p

Edit: I just got a crazy idea. Seadramon's now a digiegg. If someone wants him, it would be a pretty convenient plot device. Or you could take the egg and have it hatch into something else. For reference, Seadramon's Rookie form is [URL="http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Betamon#Betamon"][U]Betamon.[/U][/URL] Apparently you'd have to make up your own In-Training form.

Well, my only question now is how we'll deal with the continuity???

I mean, if the digidestined I create is paired up with Lopmon, how would we explain away Rem using Lopmon? Would we just have to go back through and edit the whole thing or are we planning to start it over from the beginning?

And as for the crest: I'm thinking Temperance or Tolerance... They're pretty similar so I don't know. And I'll probably create a girl just to balance things out.

My thoughts on the continuity:

1: Have a separation event like a huge battle or a "vanishing" (if you've seen the Japanese version of Digimon Movie 3, something like that) and then have the original kids find new partners, possibly using the same Digivice. This option could also set up some fun angst moments later on.

2: Meet up with Gennai (or whoever/whatever) and have them reveal that you've found the wrong partners. Since Guilmon's the only one who's gotten past Rookie so far, that should be explainable.

3: Introduce the new digimon, who insist that the others have the wrong tamers.

4: A wizard(mon) did it.

Or we could do as Darren suggested, but that would involve a lot of agreements to arrange.

[quote name='Darren']Well, my only question now is how we'll deal with the continuity???[/QUOTE]
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]My question is does it really matter? We're the only ones reading/writing the RP so really we can do whatever we want with it. :animesmil

It [I]would[/I] be convenient for someone to get Seadramons DigiEgg, though. Maybe the Digivice purifies it or something. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[b]Edit[/b] Alright I've written and posted my Digimon sign-up sheet. Click [url=http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=809508&postcount=3]here[/url].

I agree with Aceburner. Nicely done! I've posted my sign-up with Judith Liano, and left it entirely open to how you want to do it. I will say that for now, she'll just have to seem like the ignorant damsel in distress, but she's anything but that. Just try to avoid making her sound like a weak girl.

And it's not like you have to actually find the Burgermon right here. Feel free to find other digimon or something of that nature.

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]So now that Jude has joined the group all we need is for me to post finding Tanemon and for Pyrus to post finding Mist. Then whenever Ugamon decides to write his Digimon sign-up we can find him too.

Guys, I don't know about you but this is the most fun I've had with an RP in a while. :animesmil[/COLOR][/FONT]

[B]EDIT:[/B] Reminder to Darren and Aceburner, you guys can still post just as long as in your posts we don't find Tanemon or Mist. Maybe one of you could hint at a evil digimon trying to stop the destined or even write from their perspective? Try to stay away from previous Digimon Villains though. No Devimon, Myotismon, Etemon, Dark Masters, etc.

That's just an idea, there are tons of things to do in the Digital World that would make a good filler post.

[b]EDIT 2:[/b] Just had a thought on location. In case you guys are wondering we are currently on File Island (the one with infinity mountain and all that jazz). Us, our Digimon and all inhabitants of File Island have no idea that another continent exists on the other side of the Digital World (the Server Continent).

[quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]So now that Jude has joined the group all we need is for me to post finding Tanemon and for Pyrus to post finding Mist. Then whenever Ugamon decides to write his Digimon sign-up we can find him too.

Guys, I don't know about you but this is the most fun I've had with an RP in a while. :animesmil[/COLOR][/FONT]

[B]EDIT:[/B] Reminder to Darren and Aceburner, you guys can still post just as long as in your posts we don't find Tanemon or Mist. Maybe one of you could hint at a evil digimon trying to stop the destined or even write from their perspective? Try to stay away from previous Digimon Villains though. No Devimon, Myotismon, Etemon, Dark Masters, etc.

That's just an idea, there are tons of things to do in the Digital World that would make a good filler post.

[b]EDIT 2:[/b] Just had a thought on location. In case you guys are wondering we are currently on File Island (the one with infinity mountain and all that jazz). Us, our Digimon and all inhabitants of File Island have no idea that another continent exists on the other side of the Digital World (the Server Continent).[/QUOTE]
Well, I'm glad you're having fun, but I don't know where Ugamon is... This is highly distressing. And since he's such a huge digimon fan I would love to work on a cool filler arc or something. Truth be told, I don't know much about digimon at all. Besides season 2, I've never even watched on a regular basis (besides a few episodes here and there from seasons 1 and 3???)

So I don't even know the main bad guys from the seasons (unless I do some research on Wiki... I NEED UGAMON TO COME BACK!!!)

[quote name='Darren']So I don't even know the main bad guys from the seasons (unless I do some research on Wiki... I NEED UGAMON TO COME BACK!!!)[/QUOTE]

I could just give you a list if you want. Anyway, I've been thinking of using a Demon Lord, but they've all been bosses in one of the recent games. Is that still okay, especially if I haven't played said game?

For reference, I was thinking of starting with [URL="http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Leviamon#Leviamon"][U]Leviamon[/U][/URL], then going from there with the others if we like how it turned out. Of course, him being a Mega, we'd probably have to start with some random subordinates. Sound good?