OtakuBoards

The Four Clans

Akieen Cloud

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]This will be a mature RPG, you have been warned, please keep it in mind.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]The four clans have been at war for as long as any of our historians can remember; all the writings say that one clan or another started the bloody war between us all but no one really knows. Things have gotten increasingly difficult as some go off and start sub clans of their own, and they are growing in power, so much so that the elders of our four clans are meeting and debating what we should do. I have heard many things from full out war to negotiations, but nothing firm so far. I do not think things will go according to what they have planned. Something tells me that things are going to get very bumpy for a while.
It was decided that our best warriors would go to the sub clans and force them into submission, that we would fight for the protection of the original clans. Our bloody war with one another is over and another begins with the sub clans? I do not know what is happening but I do know one thing is for certain, I will fight for my clan and I will protect it with my life like I am sure all of the other warriors will do as well. We are to meet one another at the middle lands, where it is neutral and has been since the four were established. We are meeting by the oak that has been growing for eons before we were ever born. It has been passed down that the souls of our ancestors and the departed are alive within the tree, keeping it alive?If that is true, may they watch over us now like they have never before.
For as long as I can remember the areas have been split into clans and for as long as I can remember those clans have been hostile towards each other. Each with their own area of expertise and powers.
The Southern Clan, swift and agile they are the grapplers of the four clans, barely any magic comes from this line, most of it enhancing magic, but they are also trained in Wind magic.
The Northern Clan, Intelligent and graceful, they are mainly Weapon users and their main magic is Ice based magic.
The Eastern Clan, known as the dragons of the four they are fierce in temper and in mind, they too use hand to hand combat but more graceful and fluid than the Southern Clan, they too use little magic and it is for the most part Fire based.
The Western Clan, main magic users as well, Water and healing based; they are support for their fighters who use their magic to their advantage and fight with such stamina for magic users none can match them.
How these four will stand up to the sub clans I have yet to think about but I do know that they will need their best to match up.

Name: Kara
Personality: Lively and loud she likes to joke around and have fun, she is annoying at first but starts to rub off after a while. She is also serious when she has to be and in a battle she is deadly. Hates unfair fights and cheaters. She is also afraid of tight areas and large crowds.
Appearance:[URL="http://downloads.ffshrine.org/art/Ngma1_-_The_Kawarajima_Koh_Portfolio/kawarajima_koh_060.jpg"]Kara[/URL]
Weapon:Though she rarely uses it, the sword in the picture, the spear is mostly for show.
Clan: Southern Clan
Main Spell: Buff- increases strength for a period of time.
Bio: She is a royal guard of the Clan leader, as such her history has been locked away.

(The Sub clans are North Eastern, South Western, South Eastern, and of course, North Western. They are a mix of all the clans, some have different abilities and magic than the others, if you want to be in one of these, be creative, I will PM you if I think it?s a little to much. Thanks!)[/FONT][/COLOR]

Name: Leia

Personality: Leia is head strong and independant. She loves a good fight, and never backs down. Has trouble trusting people, and tends to work alone. You have to gain her trust, to gain her loyalty.

Appearance: [URL="http://www.bunnycosplay.com/paineart.jpg"]http://www.bunnycosplay.com/paineart.jpg[/URL] Make the black part of the elfit white, and long white hair.

Weapon: Crescent blades and an ice spear. (She freezes the precipitation in the air to form a spear.)

Clan: North-Western

Main Spell: Crystal Rain- She freezes rain into ice shards. It usually isn't lethal, unless the shards knick an artery.
Blizzard- Exactly how it sounds, she makes a blizzard. It's a cloaking spell, she uses it when she's about to attack. It blinds her enemies.

Bio: Leia's mother was a warrior from the Northern clan, while her father was a mage from the Western clan. They had a secret affair, and Leia was born. She lived with her mother until she was twelve, learing how to fight and track down her enemies. Once she finished her training, her father took her to the western clan to teach her how to control her magic and combine her own techniques with magic. Now, she's a warrior for both sides, helping both however she can.

Name: Jin
Personality: At first glance, Jin appears cold, uncaring, and silent. This is just an image given off by him due to him not being able to talk as he is a mute. In reality, he’s just calmer and more level headed then most people. He comes off as the solitary kind of guy, preferring to be by himself most of the time rather then
Appearance: [URL="http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj119/Rei_Asakura_album/Animeguy36.jpg"]Jin[/URL]

Without the parts on his back, and normal looking arms and hands as well.
Weapon: His hands and feet. The closest he comes to a weapon are the pair of gloves on his hand, with metal studs on the knuckles, and slightly longer claw like fingers to slash at people with.
Clan: Southern-Eastern Clan
Main Spell: Lightning Burst: A combination of the Southern wind magic, and Eastern fire magic. Blue lightning spreads along his entire body, and boosts his physical attributes, though it’s tiring to use.
Bio: Since Jin was able to walk on his own two feet, he was trained in the unarmed combat the subclan used, a style derived from the two main clans the sub clan originated from, by a small group working for the leaders. This was done amongst many other children, to try and create the greatest fighter for the sub clan, to help protect it. Eventually, all of their training boiled down to one final test once they came of age. A fight to the death, against a large group of captured criminals and bandits, to weed out the weak. Once the dust and blood had settled, the only survivor left standing was Jin. Since then, Jin became a protector of a small part of the sub clan.

A small incident occured several years ago, where Jin was given a secret about a small group of innocent travellers. Jin ended up revealing the secret by accident one night, resulting in the death of the entire group, several of which were parents or children. Since then, Jin vowed to never utter a single word, to stop another incident like that from ever happening.

(I hope the mute thing is ok.)

[B]Name:[/B] Toshiro Umenokouji "The Golden Dragon"

[B]Age:[/B] 21

[B]Personality:[/B] Toshi believes that everything has balance, but sometimes the world requires help to get back to it's medium. He is not very violent but if someone important to him or himself are in danger he won't hesitate for a heart beat to take down the threat. Aside from that he is always calm and seems to be at peace with his surroundings.

[B]Appearance:[/B] [URL="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/Lei-Fei.png"]Toshi[/URL]

[B]Weapon:[/B] His fore-arms, shins, hands, feet, knees, and elbows, he can wield all of them as dangerous weapons with lethal efficiency.

[B]Clan:[/B] Eastern

[B]Main Spell:[/B] Searing soul- Infusing his heart with fire magic increases the temperature of it, and thus also his blood and skin, allowing his touch to deal 3rd degree burns. This spell also gives him the chance to use his 'explosive strike' move, in which he directs all of the heat and fire magic flowing in his veins into one single strike that makes contact with an explosive bust of heat and flame, a direct hit from this attack often results in 6th degree burns. (note: his clothing is specially made to withstand heat and through years of monistic training Toshi has trained his body to do the same.)

[B]Bio:[/B] Toshi was raised in a monistic temple, learning the ways of being a monk. He excelled in combat and philosophy, as well as magic. Being the head disciple in the temple, Toshi was appointed as a head representative of the eastern clan. On top of that role when the position is not needed, Toshi will fill in as the best combatant, for situations when the eastern dragons put forth a classical proposition of "My best warrior verses your best" to avoid the needless bloodshed of an army-on-army battle, knowing "the golden dragon" is quite capable of handling himself and then some in virtually any one-on-one fight.

Name: Asaku

Personality: Asaku is very layed back and does not excite easily. He is not very open with others and prefers to work alone. The deaths of many of his comrades has caused him to be almost completly non-sociable.

Appearance: Very tall and muscular, though very slender. At 6'2 180 pounds he's both agile and powerful (I'll post an image tommorow)

Weapon: Favoring his Slightly curved longsword "Tokar" and throwing knives. Asaku is also very skilled at hand to hand combat. Though when push comes to shove he always chooses the blade.

Clan: North-eastern

Main Spell: Twin Blade; Infusing the fire and ice magic he's so inately gifted at Asaku adds both to Tokar. Then lifting it high into the air breaks the blade apart creating one fire and one ice. The blades both have a secret ability. "Icing" can emit small icicles that act as small throwing knives, though not directlfy fatal can puncture armor and fatigue an opponent. "flamebrand" Shoots a small stream of fire that is not fatal but can knock an opponent off balance and/or cause severe burns and break in concentration.
Another gift twin blade gives asaku is the ability to use the ice to slow his opponent or the fire to increase his own speed. Either one of these abilities ends the twin blade spells effects to his blade and takes a great toll on asaku once it wears off.

Bio: Asaku was cast out of his home at birth due to a mother with post-pardom depression and a father who never wanted a son who would have to serve in the military. He was later found by a soldier and immediatelly adopted by the clan's military. Being discovered to have little to no magic ability he was thrown to the wolves as a foot solder. By the age of 6 he was able to beat most grown men who joined. At age 10 he was placed into his first batte with the 4 comrades he had made who were only 13 years old themselves. Though the battle was a total loss Asaku and his friends valiantally fought slaying 20 men each and surving. They all were selected to become leutenents when they reached age 16.

Their next battle would be when they were 18 against a large ground of raiders. The battle went well, but all of Asaku's friends were slain. Realizing the truth, Asaku left the military in search of some meaning in the world. Choosing only to speak when the situation truly warranted it, Asaku allowed the soldiers to beat him. his only chance of survival layed in battling his commanding officer. Though Asaku bested him easily he decided it was time to reveal his work, being judged as a non-magical person fuel'd his desire to learn the arts. He revealed his twin blade attack and used the two blades to sever the head of the captain. Thus discharging him from the military, but placing price on his head to any who dared challenge him...it didn't happen very often.

more recentally a messenger arrived from the palace with a scroll addressed to Asaku. After taking it from the messenger Asaku read it. It was a letter pleaning for Asaku's aid in repealling the attacks from the "main" clans.

After agreeing, he was told of the "My best verses your best" challenge posed. Asaku agreed he would help repel the invaders but as far as the tournament went he would have to think long...and hard about it.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]Okay everyone great posts so far, I need to look over the post for the sub clans and choose who I want commanding that group, who ever I choose I will PM you in advance so you have the choice to accept or decline, after that I'll have it up; thanks for the posts everyone and sign ups will remain open for a while longer. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[B]Name:[/B] Frieren

[B]Age:[/B] 23

[B]Personality:[/B] He is a very quiet and is a deep thinker, He does as he wishes and has very little loyalty to his clan and has show such which is why even with his skill he's low in the chain of comand. He is a good healer and tends to use it on those he wishes on little more then what seems like a whim and doesn't matter if it is an enemy or a friend, but what seems like little more then a whim ussually has reasons behind it wether he believes the individual to be of usefullnes to him or he believes it will gain the trust of the clan slightly better or even if he finds an injured female warrior he finds attractive

[B]Appearance:[/B] [URL="http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/items/armorsets/images/dungeon1/priest/human-male.jpg"]Frieren[/URL]

[B]Weapon:[/B] jo(staff much like the bo but a bit shorter)

[B]Clan:[/B] Western

[B]Main Spell:[/B] Icy Veins- Either slows an enemy by cooling thier system or enhances his own spell casting by making his power more readily available, he can also use it to enhance anothers powers in various ways
Heal- Through concentration and contact with a body Frieren can manipulate the body to heal the wounds as it is made mostly out of water.

[B]Bio:[/B] He grew up studying the way of water magic training with most of his time until he was 15 years old when he started learning the ways of the Northern tribe but decided to go completely magic based even though they are weapon users since he had already trained in the Western ways whcih where mainly magic based and he was particularly gifted with magic.