OtakuBoards

Best Anime Character Pairings / Relationships

XKaoriChanX

Sooo I was watching InuYasha the Movie the otherday and realize just how well InuYasha and Kagome work together as a pairing, theyre funny, cute and I love watching them :D It got me thinking about other character relationships and how well some work (any type such as friends, dating, enemies). Il give a few of my favourites as examples:

[U]InuYasha & Kagome - InuYasha[/U]
Explained above

[U]Jaken & Rin - InuYasha[/U]
Umm so these two make me laugh mainly cause of how Jaken pretends he dosnt care about Rin when really he does and how Rin ignores Jaken alot of the time lol :)

[U]Ichigo & Kishu - Tokyo Mew Mew[/U]
A total love-hate reltionship lol. Kishu is so cheeky to Ichigo but he really does like her and I think Ichigo kinda likes him too. I wish she would of chose Kishu to date instead of Aoyama-Kun.

[U]Lina & Gourry - Slayers[/U]
These two are so funny cause Linas permanantly hyper and so hostile while Gourry is really laid back and calm. I love it when they argue, you can tell they like each other ;p

[U]Ren & Miu - DearS[/U]
At first Miu pretends she dosnt like Ren but she does really. Ren is totally clueless about most things and Miu is quite up-tight so its funny when Ren does somthing silly and Miu acts so shocked lol.

:catgirl:

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]This is a fun idea [B]XKaoriChanX[/B], however, if it's to continue I expect people to do more than just list characters from animes without at least putting a little into why they think they are a fun pairing/relationship. Because lists on their own are kind of boring.

For example take the ones you listed but didn't explain.

[U]Jaken & Rin - InuYasha [/U]

What makes those two funny is how serious Jaken is where Rin is more laid back and utterly ignores his serious nature. I wouldn't consider it a real pairing, but they are fun to watch.

[U]Lina & Gourry - Slayers[/U]

These two, from what I've seen crack me up because Lina is so volatile and emotional where Gourry is so laid back and clueless. So their utterly different personalities are fun to watch in action.

I'm not familiar with the other ones you listed so I'll leave those alone, but I'm sure you get my point about doing more than just listing names. ^_~[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]This sounds like a fun idea; I can be a total loser fangirl but not give a care in the world.

Hmm...

I would say Suwabara and Monika from [B]Yakitate!! Japan[/B] are my favorite right now. I don't know why, but it's so funny how stupid Suwabara is when it comes to women. Monkia totally uses her sexiness and utter cute appearances to seduce him.

I mean, Suwabara thought Monika was pregnant with his child because he hugs him so much. Uh... lol.

Sasuke and Sakura from [B]Naruto[/B] will always be my number oneeeeee. Sure, there's many feuds about how Sakura should be with Naruto, blah blah. But hey, I think these two have more of a intimate and erotic relationship than Naruto ever will.

Besides, Sauce's emo-ness adds to the wanting of their relationship even more.

Argh; I'm getting way too into this, lol. I'll post some more later maybe. c:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Gee...I'd have to say that Shikamaru and Temari (from Naruto) are cute! Both are stubborn and think that their own gender rules supreme! Also, they're both strategists! These constant brain and gender battles would make them an adorable "hard to get" couple and would add some interest to their relationship!

I think my all time favorite anime couple would have to be Vegeta and Bulma. Honestly, Bulma is beautiful and smart as hell and feisty... and Vegeta is... Vegeta. Hot as hell and also fiesty and... angsty and... rawr. They just make a really awesome couple. They argue a lot but... you can feel the love and sexual tension.

I'm also a huge Yaoi fan so... recently, I've been loving to slash L and Raito together. There's only one thing I love more than a hot, smart man. And that's two hot, smart men... together. ::drool::

Along those lines, I love Haku and Zabuza, Naruto and Sasuke. :)

I also have a soft spot for Shikamaru and Temari. She's one of the only women strong enough to keep his smart butt in line. :B

I find the relationship between Mike(sp?) and his sisters/girlfriends/whatever pretty interesting. The fact that you know they all love each other but none of the understand exactly what kind of love it is is interesting.

Also Miyazawa and [spoiler]Arima[/spoiler] in Kare Kano was a very well developed and well thought out relationship that was fairly dynamic and it progressed very well.

[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]I love Shinichi and Ran from Detective Conan just because of their chemistry.

Sae and Takeo from Mahou Tsukai Tai, they're both SOOO cute in the series and obviously really like each other but have SO much trouble admitting it to one another.

I love Momo and Ryoma from Tennis no Ojisama. I know they don't get together in the series but....I am still a fan of this pairing.

Setsuna and Sara from Angel Sancuary. I am probably going to get flamed for this because they're brother and sister but I feel they're really cute together and as long as they're not reproducing I think it's okay since they love each other.

Shuichi and Eiri from Gravitation and Dee and Ryo from FAKE..do I really need to explain why?

Ritsuka and Soubi from Loveless. CUTE! I know it's wrong for a 20 year old and a 12 year old to well...you know between the sheets...but....I think they're SO cute together, I can't help it.

Raito and L because they'd be cute. I know that they hate each other and whatever but I can't help that I'm sucker for those two men together handcuffed or not.

Ono and Tanaka from Genshiken because they're both into Cosplay they have compatible personalities and I think they're both cute together.

I am not in my bedroom with my wall of manga right now so I am having trouble thinking of others......[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Kaiboy'][FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"][B] Setsuna and Sara from Angel Sancuary. I am probably going to get flamed for this because they're brother and sister but I feel they're really cute together and as long as they're not reproducing I think it's okay since they love each other.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]I totally agree with the bit about Setsuna and Sara lol. I know theyre brother and sister but he went to Hell and back for her litteraly lol! I even did a drawing of these two lol ^^
[SIZE="1"][INDENT][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Just as you can bold part of a quote you're responding too [B]XKaori ChanX[/B], you can also trim out what you aren't responding to. ^_~ It's a good idea to do that, especially when the entire quote is quite a bit larger than your own post. ~Aaryanna[/FONT][/COLOR][/INDENT][/SIZE]

I would say my favorite pairing would be from Kumo no Mukou, Yakusoku no Basho (Beyond the Clouds, the Promised Land) - Hiroki Fujisawa and Sayuri Sawatari. The way the story plays on both characters past and intertwines their futures really captured my attention.