OtakuBoards

A New Post-Apocalyptic/Fantasy RPG Idea

Aberinkula

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]I've been having a new idea for an RPG spinning in my mind for a while. It's set 200 years from the year 2012 (yeah,you should know what I mean). And 170 years after 2012, there was a great war. But due to the world ending in 2012, the planet has become a desert. Now the whole world runs on steam power and the old junk.

But what will be weird about this RP is that there will be mystical weapons. That doesn't seem weird at first. But if anyone has seen Fooly Cooly or read FLCL you'd know that they use, guitars as weapons. So that will be the big weapon in this RPG, guitars. From regular, to bass, to acoustic guitars. Even cello's and such can be used.

And for magic and special techniques, songs and chords can be played on the instruments to unleash them. The nature of the RPG will be serious of coarse, but I also want it to be a little light-hearted and funny to ease the tension of the story.

As for the story it's simple, the army that lost the war is building up and it's up to the main characters (us if you haven't figured that out) to save the world. And part of the inspiration for this RP will come from the game God Hand. And yes, there will eb monsters. And yes, [I]there will be blood.[/I]

I've already got a big idea for the names of places and people, as well as machines and such, so this idea is pretty much figured out except for the minor details. But for now, I love what I have, and I'd love to have you guys help elaborate ideas, as well as give your opinion.

PS, cookies to whoever gets the movie reference first![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Wow, there's alot packed into this RPG. I like the way it feels, the magic mixed in with music. Seems like a stoned FLCL, which I'm a big fan of.

More members need to respond to this. And stuff, so we can have ourselves a RPG.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][size=1]Sorry guys, but this is an old thread. The newer version is up though. It's titled [B]'The Desoleora Chronicles.[/B]' Please redirect yourselves to that thread, and could the mods be gracious and close this one, please?

Thank you.[/size][/COLOR]