OtakuBoards

The Battle Between Manga and Anime (Manga Side)

Nomurah!

[COLOR="hotPink"][SIZE="1"]This will end the battle between Manga, and Anime. Most of us like both. But we can't lie. We prefer one over the other. But which is it? In this epic battle, I think we will finally get the answer. On the Manga thread for the battle, you will post what you like about Manga, that anime doesn't have.

I, for one, read much more manga, than I watch anime. It's easy to go through, and get into, though sometimes, you can't tell what's going on, because it's not animated. You can steer away from annoying voices, and of course, dubbing, most of the time. Though some manga are being translated into little kid features. This is not good, but manga still has the violence, blood, gore, and grayscale that Anime could never pull off.

So, while I like the Full Metal Alchemist and Neon Genesis Evangelion animes over the mangas, usually I enjoy the mangas more than the shows.

My vote, is for the manga side.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]I just answered this in the other thread, but there is one exception where I would like manga better. And that is when the anime is essentially edited to death, ruining the story. Good example? Yu-Gi-Oh. In the end though, I still rarely read manga at all. I've probably read less than ten series altogether since it's not what I prefer to read. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]I just answered this in the other thread, but there is one exception where I would like manga better. And that is when the anime is essentially edited to death, ruining the story. Good example? Yu-Gi-Oh. In the end though, I still rarely read manga at all. I've probably read less than ten series altogether since it's not what I prefer to read. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="hotPink"]My friends think I'm weird when I tell them I read Yu-Gi-Oh, but I let one of them read the first volume, and he saw the difference. The manga, is definitely good example. Manga is just... raw. :] [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="Indigo"]I prefer manga for those stories that have not been or aren't likely to be made into an anime. Just as I prefer it for stories like Yu-Gi-Oh where the anime is so edited as to be another story altogether. So in those instances, I prefer manga over anime. Overall, this is really something that is a case by case deal and not something where I can make the generalization of this one is better than the other.[/COLOR]

:catgirl:okay, if i'd have to choose, i'd say i'd rather prefer manga.
too often, i have read the manga books and then seen the anime series, i have to say that i'm quite dissapointed with the difference.
the people don't look the same and you don't really feel as close to the characters.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]I prefer manga for those stories that have not been or aren't likely to be made into an anime. Just as I prefer it for stories like Yu-Gi-Oh where the anime is so edited as to be another story altogether. So in those instances, I prefer manga over anime. Overall, this is really something that is a case by case deal and not something where I can make the generalization of this one is better than the other.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]I agree with this completely, however, in the end I still prefer animation. I know that for stuff like Yu-Gi-Oh I'm unlikely to see it done more true to the original, but still; I wish they would because I like seeing it in motion far better than just seeing it on paper.

Manga though fun to read, on some level has never been my preferred format for entertainment. Not for stuff that's more involved like the stories that are presented in manga's are. Short comics I'm fine with, but extended stories? Animate please! Nao![/FONT][/COLOR]