Aaryanna_Mom vs. Treble [Poetry Contest]

Sabrina

[FONT="Tahoma"][CENTER][SIZE="3"][B]Poetry Contest - Round Two [/B][/SIZE]

[hr=Blue]100[/hr]
[CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Aaryanna_Mom [/B]vs. [B]Treble[/B][/SIZE]

Topic: [B]Why My Opponent Should Win[/B][/CENTER]
[hr=Blue]100[/hr]

[B]Acrostic Poetry[/B][/CENTER]
For this round you are challenged to write an Acrostic Poem. Now for a basic Acrostic poem simply put the letters of the words given down the side of your post and then go back to each letter and think of a word, phrase or sentence that starts with the letter and describes your subject. For example:

[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"][B]Topic: Hockey[/B]

[B]H[/B]ockey is my favorite sport
[B]O[/B]n the ice or street
[B]C[/B]ool and fun
[B]K[/B]eep on playing
[B]E[/B]xercise and stronger
[B]Y[/B]ou should try [/COLOR][/CENTER]

As you can see, each line starts with a letter in the word hockey in order. No rhyming is required and each line can have from one to fifteen words.

Each contestant has till [COLOR="Blue"][U][B]Saturday the 26th[/B][/U] [/COLOR]to get their poems in. At which time the voting will begin, sooner if both members submit their poems before the deadline. Now all members are welcome to vote include those involved. If it is the thread you are in though, only comments and critiquing is allowed since obviously you can?t vote for yourself. But definitely take the time to vote on the other entries!

Keep in mind that for this round [COLOR="Blue"]cohesive voting[/COLOR] is required.

How does that work? It?s simple; for the next challenge there will be three challenges, in order for your vote to count you have to vote in each one. Any single posting and voting will automatically be disqualified if by the end of the challenge you have not also voted for the other two threads.

The only exception is of course the contestants since they can?t vote on their own challenge, however, they too are required to vote on the other two. So even their voting will be cohesive. Now if there are any questions, be sure to direct them to this thread here: [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=58871"][U]Poetry Contest[/U][/URL] And now let?s have some fun![/FONT]

[B]W[/B]hy are you
[B]H[/B]ere when the answer
[B]Y[/B]ou seek is clear?

[B]M[/B]ake no mistake or
[B]Y[/B]ou'll do a double take.

[B]O[/B]nly one thought should be
[B]P[/B]resent.
[B]P[/B]erhaps I haven't explained this well
[B]O[/B]r maybe you're been caught under a spell.
[B]N[/B]ow don't make me break - or
[B]E[/B]ven be tempted to spank. Your
[B]N[/B]ext move is so obvious, do I really need
[B]T[/B]o say it?

[B]S[/B]top dawdling in
[B]H[/B]ere since the answer is clear.
[B]O[/B]ut you go!
[B]U[/B]ntil you see - that the
[B]L[/B]imelight was never meant for me.
[B]D[/B]o us both a favor, just this once.

[B]W[/B]hy do you hesitate?
[B]I[/B]t's so easy to see
[B]N[/B]ow do you understand? Treble - is far more grand.

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]I'm not sure if I did this right, but it's the best I could come up with at the moment.

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][B]W[/B]ait you don’t know?[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][B]H[/B]ere let me tell you.[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][B]
Y[/B]ou sit down and listen.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][B]
M[/B]y observations are crystal clear.[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][B]
Y[/B]our answers should be here.

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][B]O[/B]h how mom’s filled with wisdom[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][B]
P[/B]atience and experience.[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][B]
P[/B]reaching through love and care.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][B]O[/B]h the pain she puts up with[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][B]
N[/B]othing can compare.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][B]E[/B]yes that acknowledge you[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][B]
N[/B]ight and day[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][B]
T[/B]ill the end of time.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][B]S[/B]eek no further my friend.[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][B]
H[/B]onestly I’ve told you everything.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][B]O[/B]h come on won’t you listen?[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][B]U[/B]nparalleled is what she is.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][B]L[/B]oving you no matter what happens.[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][B]
D[/B]oubtful I’ll ever be that caring.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]
[B]W[/B]e’ve come this far.[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][B]
I[/B] could only say[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][B]
N[/B]ow is the time to let mom shine.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT="]
[/FONT]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Time to get down to it...

[B]Aaryanna_Mom:[/B] I enjoy yours as it comes across as someone almost but not quite scolding someone for not seeing what's right in front of them. A very motherly like feel that I liked.

[B]Treble:[/B] I like how yours taps into the picture of what mothers in general are like, almost as if your describing her or any other mother for that matter.

For this round I vote for [B]Treble[/B]. You guys don't make it easy. XP[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][B]Mom:[/B] I'm sure you can see why I can just imagine you looking at a kid who was taught a valuable lesson and didn't get it. It makes me feel like I'd better get it right or else! lol

[B]Treble: [/B] Yours is fun how it plays into how great mothers are to begin with. However at the same time it can apply to any mother, and though that's a great sentiment, it doesn't quite connect to just [I]one[/I] mom. If that makes sense.

XP And now to only choose one... I'll cast my vote for [B]Treble[/B]. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[B]Kathy:[/B] Yours is fun in that it portrays a bit of you telling others that they've missed the point. Living up to your own user name and as to why we should be taking your advice.

[B]Treble: [/B]As mentioned yours is fun in that it could apply to all mothers. Its nice how it highlights why moms are so wonderful in the first place.

Both of these are nicely done... And since I can only choose one... I vote for [B]Kathy[/B]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=DarkRed]A_M[/COLOR]: Gah! The rhyming! :p

[COLOR=DarkRed]Treble[/COLOR]: Gah! You too! :p

I've got this thing about rhyming without consistency of .... something. I forget what. But it's something! [I]*ridiculous pose*[/I]

Either way, it didn't factor into my decision. I'm goin' with [B]A_M[/B] because I think she spoke the more [I]clearly[/I] to the challenge.[/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"]Kathy, your poem not only explained why Treble should win, but it held a bit of what you are in it, making it very fitting.

Treble, though I think your poem is a little better written, I also think it's a bit off in that it seems geared towards mothers instead of just one person.

And though I like both, I must choose only one, my vote goes to [B]Kathy[/B].[/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Thank you very much everyone for your poems and participation on all sides. With Aaryanna_Mom receiving 3 votes and Treble 2 votes...[B] Aaryanna_Mom[/B] wins this round. Congratulations! You advance to the final round. :catgirl:[/FONT]