Aaryanna vs. Indi [Poetry Contest]

Sabrina

[FONT="Tahoma"][CENTER][SIZE="3"][B]Poetry Contest - Round Two [/B][/SIZE]

[hr=Blue]100[/hr]
[CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Aaryanna [/B]vs. [B]Indi[/B][/SIZE]

Topic: [B]Why My Opponent Should Win[/B][/CENTER]
[hr=Blue]100[/hr]

[B]Acrostic Poetry[/B][/CENTER]
For this round you are challenged to write an Acrostic Poem. Now for a basic Acrostic poem simply put the letters of the words given down the side of your post and then go back to each letter and think of a word, phrase or sentence that starts with the letter and describes your subject. For example:

[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"][B]Topic: Hockey[/B]

[B]H[/B]ockey is my favorite sport
[B]O[/B]n the ice or street
[B]C[/B]ool and fun
[B]K[/B]eep on playing
[B]E[/B]xercise and stronger
[B]Y[/B]ou should try [/COLOR][/CENTER]

As you can see, each line starts with a letter in the word hockey in order. No rhyming is required and each line can have from one to fifteen words.

Each contestant has till [COLOR="Blue"][U][B]Saturday the 26th[/B][/U] [/COLOR]to get their poems in. At which time the voting will begin, sooner if both members submit their poems before the deadline. Now all members are welcome to vote include those involved. If it is the thread you are in though, only comments and critiquing is allowed since obviously you can’t vote for yourself. But definitely take the time to vote on the other entries!

Keep in mind that for this round [COLOR="Blue"]cohesive voting[/COLOR] is required.

How does that work? It’s simple; for the next challenge there will be three challenges, in order for your vote to count you have to vote in each one. Any single posting and voting will automatically be disqualified if by the end of the challenge you have not also voted for the other two threads.

The only exception is of course the contestants since they can’t vote on their own challenge, however, they too are required to vote on the other two. So even their voting will be cohesive. Now if there are any questions, be sure to direct them to this thread here: [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=58871"][U]Poetry Contest[/U][/URL] And now let’s have some fun![/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"]I decided to go with a variation for mine since it seemed appropriate for my opponent. Ironically, the number of letters/lines is identical to the original.

[U]Fluffy Bichon Frises Rock[/U]

[B]F[/B]ar more than the owner of a white little dog
[B]L[/B]oyalty and devotion; for both is true
[B]U[/B]nited she always stands
[B]F[/B]inding uniqueness in all that she can
[B]F[/B]ar more than a simple look
[B]Y[/B]ou?ll never find one more suited, even if you tried

[B]B[/B]eautifully poised with eloquence and grace
[B]I[/B]t?s easy to see why she shines
[B]C[/B]aring and sweet
[B]H[/B]er talent more than something great
[B]O[/B]h yes, it?s easy to see
[B]N[/B]ow more than ever, you shouldn?t hesitate

[B]F[/B]ar more to be seen, just look, all is not as it seems
[B]R[/B]esourceful, talented and unfailingly kind
[B]I[/B]n her - grandness can be found
[B]S[/B]mart and resourceful make no mistake
[B]E[/B]verything about her merely confirms
[B]S[/B]he?s the one with the glow

[B]R[/B]emember what I?ve just told you
[B]O[/B]h don?t you dare forget!
[B]C[/B]an you even compare?
[B]K[/B]eep it in mind - Aaryanna should win [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Hehe, that's a fun variation. :p Mine is not so clever but since you did one I did too.

[U]Why indifference should win[/U]

[B]W[/B]hy do you ask?
[B]H[/B]ow can you not get it?
[B]Y[/B]ou?re in the wrong place, there?s nothing to see.

[B]I[/B]n case you haven?t gotten it
[B]N[/B]ow I?m going to set you straight
[B]D[/B]on?t you dare blink or look away
[B]I[/B]ndifference is the best
[B]F[/B]ar more than you ever knew
[B]F[/B]or she?s got more to her than me or you
[B]E[/B]very day just watch and wait
[B]R[/B]eality is but a double take
[B]E[/B]nter here to understand the wonder
[B]N[/B]othing is left for me to explain
[B]C[/B]an you even doubt?
[B]E[/B]xit now? Don?t do that!

[B]S[/B]top and listen to what I have to say
[B]H[/B]ere?s the truth its as plain as day
[B]O[/B]ur opinion should hold sway
[B]U[/B]nder the stars
[B]L[/B]ook no further
[B]D[/B]own below don?t blunder

[B]W[/B]ill you now listen?
[B]I[/B]n case you have forgotten
[B]N[/B]o hesitation! Cyrstia is [I]the[/I] sensation.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][B]indifference:[/B] I like the variation you used as it really suits your opponent really well. The only thing I didn?t like was the last line, it just seemed a little awkward to me.

[B]Aaryanna:[/B] I like how you too chose a variation, it?s not quite as fun as the other but it?s still interesting. It?s also got some snazzy lines and gives the impression that you?re going to smack anyone who doesn?t get it.

Anyway, for this round I vote for [B]Aaryanna[/B].[/FONT][/COLOR]

[B]Indi:[/B] The variation with the homage to Bichon's is cute and fun and very fitting for Aaryanna. That last line is awkward but still, it's a lively take and I enjoyed it.

[B]Aaryanna: [/B]Your variation is also nice, it's not quite as fun but the wording makes up for it, especially the last line as it wraps things up nicely.

For the play on Bichons I hand the vote to [B]Indi[/B]. ([SIZE="1"]I'm still getting use that user name of yours... haha![/SIZE])

I really do like the cute variation with the wording Bichon Frise worked into your poem Indi. Even though some of the wording is a bit awkward, it still suits her really well.

Now for your own poem Bethany, the variation is a fun play on her previous user name and overall I think you have a better flow to the wording, especially that last line.

In the end I will be giving my vote to [B]Indi[/B].

With finals out the way, it's time for me to get some voting done.

[B] Indi[/B]: The flow of the whole poem was very nice, as every word seems to fit right in place. I thought you did great job of convincing people to see the greatness in Aaryanna.

[B] Aaryanna[/B]: Your poem was stylish, and it was a joy to read through. I really enjoyed the rhymes near the end of the poem.

You both did a nice job! However, I have to cast my vote for [B]Indi[/B].

[FONT=Arial]I'm well out of my league in the realm of acrostics, so I can't really say anything helpful or otherwise. And I'm not quite sure why, but [B]Aaryanna[/B]'s poem resonates more with me.

It has a certain [I]je ne sais qua[/I].... [I]*shot*[/I][/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Thank you very much everyone for your poems and participation on all sides. With Aaryanna receiving 2 votes and Indi 3 votes...[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Indigo"][B] Indi[/B][/COLOR][/FONT] wins this round. Congratulations! You advance to the final round. :catgirl:[/FONT]