OtakuBoards

Story Contest! *giggles*

Lunar

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]The idea sounds interesting, however, I get the feeling that your idea of short and mine are completely different. How about giving us more details as to just what the contest would actually entail. A good example of what I'm talking about can be found here: [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=58871"][U]Poetry Contest[/U][/URL]

As you can see that explains things so people have an idea of what they are signing up for. To give you an example, perhaps your idea of a short story is one that is between 400-500 words. Also, what kind of stories are allowed? Romance, comedy, action, etc.

So clarification please? [/FONT][/COLOR]

Sorry! So sorry!:animecry: thank you to aryanna for giving me some hints. let me try this again:animeswea

This thread is a contest for any short story from 200 to 300 words. It can be any type of story(i.e., drama, fiction or nonfiction, romance, action, or horror.) The rules are that whoever posts the first story, no matter what type it is, the person who decides to top that story [I]has[/I] to go along with the type of story the first person picked. For example, if the first person picked drama, then the other person has to pick drama.
If there is a tie, there is two options:
A. the game can be over, and a new game starts
B. you can have a rematch over a completely different type.
I don't mean to sound bossy, but there [I]cannot[/I] be any mean or harsh statements about someone's story. For example, instead of saying that whoever's story sucked, you can say that you liked whoever's story, but you like the other person's story better and end with another compliment. :animesigh
is this making sense?
i hope so.
so. how 'bout i start?

So, Michael, can you tell me why you don't remember anything?
Why don't I remember anything? I honestly don't know. But I do remember that day. Andrew wasn't the oldest, I was the oldest, but he became the leader of our group. He was always the one looking for danger, we followed him like a bunch of whipped dogs. Heh. We even got in trouble a few times because we almost killed ourselves. That day, I think it was a Saturday, Andrew led us to that graveyard. Me and Isaac didn't want to go. We all knew something bad was going to happen, we just didn't know when. We or should I say, Andrew was planning to dig up his grandmother's bones. I knew it was wrong, but I went. I feel bad now. Being the oldest, I should have taken control, but instead I just stood there listening to Andrew and I can't change that now. Well, we came across a glowing orb. It was kinda like a sun, but it was blue and brighter. The nervous feeling came back stronger than ever. Andrew leaned in to touch it and I told him that it was a bad idea. He told me to shut up and that if I wasn't going to suck it up and be a man I should leave. I began boiling with rage after he said that. I let him touch it. If he got burned up, it was his problem, not mine. He touched it. Nothing. He kicked it. Nothing. Andrew got tired soon and started walking away. That was when it happened. A blinding light surrounded us and we all fell. I woke up next to Ellen. In school, she was the popular one.

I don't really know what happened that evening, but I usually don't really pay enough attention to find out why stuff like that happens to only me. I'm sorry. I should probably introduce myself. I am a 12 year old boy; I have dark brown hair and jet black eyes. My name is Kriff. I know it's a stupid name. I'm sure you would have a stupid name too if your parents were drunk when they named you (long story; don't ask.). Anyway, about that evening. I was coming back from soccer practice. I was limping because that jerk, Donovan, was stupid enough to kick my leg instead of the friggin' ball. Moving on, I was limping down Crow Road when the wind blew my hat off. I watched enough horror movies to know not to go after it, but I did anyway.

I chased the stupid cap all the way past the park. By now, it was dark and probably a bit past 8 o'clock. It eventually rolled up a short path about 9 feet long and into the open garage of what looked like an abandoned house. I was surprised because I thought that these sort of haunted looking houses didn't exist except in scary movies. I turned around, knowing better than to go into creepy houses. But I stopped. I felt like I was being pulled into the house. When I finally broke free of the pulling feeling, I was inside of the garage. I looked around, picked up my hat and put it back on my head. I headed straight for the open garage door, but the pulling feeling came back.

I struggled against it and tried to call for help, but my efforts were futile and my voice had just kind of died. The pull was dragging me up the houses creaking stairs. Then I was shoved into a room. It was empty. Well, empty except for the girl in the middle of the room. She had [I]long[/I], straight black hair and bright yellow eyes. Yes, yellow eyes. She grinned like a psychotic killer and walked toward me. I wanted to run, but couldn't. Then, she spoke. "Hi! I'm Heather, the ruler of the Underworld." she said with a voice that felt like ice on my ears. "Look, I want a vacation. So I decided to bring in a mortal at random. You, sir, are the lucky winner!" she continued. I sure didn't feel lucky.

I wanted to run, scream, do anything! But I was trapped in the evil stare of those yellow eyes. "So I'm going to trade bodies with you, 'kay?" she announced. Before I could protest, the palm of her hand turned red and glowed. She stuck her hand right through my chest, like a ghost would pass through people in cartoons. I felt like I had plunged into ice water. My soul had been removed. She did the same thing to herself and her soul floated into [I]my[/I] body. My body regained its color and stood. It flashed an evil grin. That Heather girl was in my body! She reached for my soul - self and grabbed my neck. She dragged my soul to her old body and shoved me in. I gasped and took in air. I was a girl. It was humiliating for a boy, like myself. "Time for you to go to the Underworld. And don't worry, my servant, Helena, will tell you what to do." Heather said through my old body. My old body's palm started to glow. Heather made a slashing motion and tore open a hole in the wall. She shoved me in. And that's what happened. So now I'm falling and I'm not sure what to expect. At least things can't get any weirder, ....right?

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]wall of text. v_v

Seriously, I'd like to participate in this and all but I can't stand reading any of that without at least some paragraphs to keep me on track. xD[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]wall of text. v_v

Seriously, I'd like to participate in this and all but I can't stand reading any of that without at least some paragraphs to keep me on track. xD[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I - I'm [I]really[/I] sorry about that!!! You're right, I should have put in paragraphs! I'll go edit it right this very minute! GYAAAAHH!!!:animestun

Okay...*wheeze*. I edited it...better? I can make them shorter, if you want!:(

[COLOR="Red"]Okay. that's really cool. um, is anyone willing to challenge that story? alright, 8bit, now that you can read it, how about you challenge it? hm? [/COLOR]
[COLOR="Purple"]NOTE: i feel like a gameshow host[/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]So which story am I challenging here? Chibis? If we have to write within the same genre as the previous story then we should probably say what genre it is before you write considering these seem to be the beginning of short stories and not actual full tales.

And are we continuing the story we're challenging or starting our own? Who decides on the winner?[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]So which story am I challenging here? Chibis? If we have to write within the same genre as the previous story then we should probably say what genre it is before you write considering these seem to be the beginning of short stories and not actual full tales.

And are we continuing the story we're challenging or starting our own? Who decides on the winner?[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I don't know who you're challenging, but I think the genre for the stories is drama... also, I think that we're starting our own story...and I believe that C.K. said that the OB members decide the winner.:animesmil

I this contest's rules need to be more defined. We have the first story by Crimson that's only a paragraph long. Then there's Chibi's story thats....well lets just say it's a lot longer. Also, should we be voting now since both of you posted a story? I'd like to participate but I'm confused about the whole thing.

• 2 weeks later...
I[COLOR="Red"] challenge your story last person who posted. Except, mine is going to be longer.
can you help me last person who posted? i'm really confused of what kinda rules you want.:confused:[/COLOR]

Kevin walked into the ring and looked around. The empty lot was vacant of sound except the leaves moving across the pavement in the fall breezes.
Where was Drake? Kevin thougt to himself. Drake told him to meet him in the park at twelve a.m. and said he better be there or he would hunt him down and kill him. Kevin wanted to be a man so he came, but where was Drake?

Kevin's question was answered when he heard a low moan beside a nearby tree. He ran towards it to see a mangled Drake lying prostrate on the ground.

"Drake, what happened?" Kevin asked.
"The- the- behind the house there's-"
"What?"
"A monster."
"Drake, you're seventeen. You're to old to believe in monsters."
"I'm not playing, Kevin. There's something behind that house."
"Yeah, whatever, Drake, c'mon-"
Kevin was interrupted by a drop of blood running down his face. He looked up and saw the monster.........

[COLOR="Red"]How'd you like it? it needs to be continued, though. kinda a spur of the moment kind of thing.:animeswea[/COLOR]