OtakuBoards

What do you do with your leisure time?

Rachmaninoff

Or you could translate that into what you do when you are bored. I just never find myself with enough spare time to actually [I]be[/I] bored. I always have too much that needs to be done it seems.

Anyway, the whole idea here is to talk about the kinds of things you like to do for fun when you have the time. Like play video games, read or listen to music. I tend to be pretty picky about how I spend my leisure time since I have so little of it at times. Take last month, I was doing additional work for school so I literally had several days a week where I didn?t even have time to log into OB.

So now that I do have time with it being between semesters and all and I?ll also have time since I?ll only be taking classes half time during the summer, I?m finding that if I really don?t like something, I just won?t do it. It?s like I don?t want to spend that free time doing things unless it?s something I really enjoy.

Anyway, my favorite thing to do when I have the time is to spend it with friends. As well as playing video games and heading out to go on hikes now that it?s warm out again. I also love getting together with friends just to watch movies or talk about various subjects just for the hell of it.

I also love getting together with friends. Ever since I moved away to college, I haven't had many chances to do that though. (Not having money, a car, or a driver's license probably has something to do with that.) So as a result, I spend most of my time alone.

I get on the university's super-speedy internet.

I watch the university's cable. They have an awesome movie channel that just plays good movies over and over without any commercials, so I've seen The Patriot like thirty times in the last couple months.

I play my gamecube, which lately seems like it's had about enough. I may have to just get rid of it...:animedepr

I write poetry and short stories and stuff. I sing/talk to myself.

I eat. I have 19 all-you-can-eat meals at the food court per week. I often forget to exercise though, so yeah...I'm getting fatter as we speak.

What else? I play on photoshop. I recently found some pages from a Chrono Trigger manga with cool pictures of Magus, so I had to mutilate those.

Oh yeah, and sleep. Yesterday, I just slept all afternoon, because there was nothing else.

I know. I need a social life.

[quote name='Octopus Royalty']I play my gamecube, which lately seems like it's had about enough. I may have to just get rid of it...:animedepr[/QUOTE]

I could give you a list of must-haves that you are required to play before getting rid of the thing. If you haven't played them all, I suggest if you sell it, keep a controller and memory card and use the money towards a Wii (if you can afford it.)

Most of my leisure time involves the computer. I hang with my friends sometimes, too, but we usually just end up playing Brawl or something. We used to have these awesome stick/fist duels, but we don't do that much anymore. We should set up a soft-contact sparring match for fun sometime.

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Rachmaninoff]Or you could translate that into what you do when you are bored. I just never find myself with enough spare time to actually [I]be[/I'] bored. I always have too much that needs to be done it seems. [/quote]I don't have too much to be done... but I never get bored either. :catgirl: When I have extra time there's always something for me to do. Some of my favorites is to read or go hang out with friends. I do like video games, but I save that kind of stuff for when my friends don't have time to do stuff like going to a movie or just hanging out and chatting.

Then there's always scrapbooking, hiking, cleaning, yardwork... lots and lots of stuff to do that I enjoy when I have the time. Oh and my absolute favorite is trying out new recipes. I love to cook! [/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]I work part time, noon to 5:30PM, so before I go to work I'm working out. I'll either run/walk in the park, rollerblade, ab workout, weights or push ups: depending on the day, kicks. In the winter I do all of that, except I use the treadmill in place of the park. So working out is my favorite pass time.

After work I have martial arts. Depending on the day: Somtimes I have to be there at 6PM, some days 7PM. I'm there for Taekwondo, ground fighting, and kick/boxing(MMA style). So I'm there from 6 or 7 untill 9:30 or 10PM.

But after all that I come home, get online and check some stuff, prolly more abs and push ups.

I love video games, but I've been trying not to play them so much because I'll get hooked and it wastes a lot of time, lol. I do enjoy seeing movies, or watching them at home aswell, but thats weekends usually.

Drawing is another past time I've always loved; and its sad I don't do it as much as I did in high school. Though I'm still getting better. Also Photoshop, I love coloring my drawings, or making random graphics, but drawing, video games, and photoshop all come after working out, lol.[/SIZE]

I work just about every day, have classes six days a week and have church Sunday morning. When it get close to production time for plays, I basically live in the theatre. I will be doing that soon.

When I can, I play video games and watch anime. I also go on the computer every day and play achaea. I need to learn how to cut that down however.

What I would like to do would be roller derby. I think it would be a lot of fun.

...If I'm bored, I will take my guitar and play it...although I'm still not quite good at it...XD

If I'm free, I will do some photoshoping, or play the PS2 with my bro...

But nowadays, I don't get so many free time as I did before. It's my exam week now...so yeah, all the free time I have is for studying.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]I read. Seriously, I always spend so much time each day reading. o_O My day just isn't right if I don't. The best part is that I never run out of things to read, well... sometimes. But only until I can get to the library to check out more stuff to read again. Heh.

Sometimes I play video games, but not very often. Oh and I suppose I could say I take my dog on walks and stuff, but I do that all time anyway, even more so now that it's finally warm again. ^_^[/FONT][/COLOR]