OtakuBoards

Does anyone believe in love at first sight???

Lunar

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Allamorph;813167][FONT=Arial]Now you're just being mean. ó_ò[/FONT][/QUOTE]Glad to be of service. :p[QUOTE=Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]See, that's how people think I'm antisocial. You get the emotions subjugated and people think you're an inhuman freak.

Or maybe that's just because I don't make any sound when I walk. Dunno.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Well... start making sound when you walk! Seriously though... that boy crazy phase, watching other girls my age do it just has me wanting to whack them upside the head to drive some sense into them. Seriously. XP[quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]
You like [i]girls[/i]? [spoiler]Kidding![/spoiler] :angel:[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE][B]OMG[/B]... That's it! I must like girls! [I]*dies laughing* [/I][quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Well, you've got to start liking boys sometime. You can't deny the existence of men forever (although some try)! Just wait until you're like 16 or 17. I'm sure you'll have changed your mind about boys by then.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]lolwut?!? I never said they don't exist, I implied that I have no interest in dating one. Not the same thing at all. Oh and I'll be sixteen next month. I don't see that changing in just 30 days. lol[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Not the same thing at all. Oh and I'll be sixteen next month. I don't see that changing in just 30 days. lol[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]You never know, some guy might catch your eye in the next month. :P[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR="Red"]uh, i'm kinda gonna not reply anymore. it's just that i'm too lazy to read all of these posts. yup, i know, forget about ole' crimsonknight. just forget about me. it's okay, really. :catgirl: p.s. does anyone know where drizzt is? i need to talk to him.[/COLOR]

[color=crimson]If it happens to others, it happens to others. I don't think it is any kind of threat to myself if either cynics trample the idea of love at first sight or idealists laud the concept. I don't really find much drive to associate with either option.

I fell into curious interest at first sight with my current girlfriend of going-on-two-years. We both worked at Wendy's and she was cute and, through conversation, intelligent so I asked her out and things went along as they did to a point of continued happiness and romance.

Follow your curiosity, the ones that make you curious are the ones that you might find yourself wanting to explore more and more.[/color]

[quote name='DeathKnight'][color=crimson]If it happens to others, it happens to others. I don't think it is any kind of threat to myself if either cynics trample the idea of love at first sight or idealists laud the concept. I don't really find much drive to associate with either option.

I fell into curious interest at first sight...[/color][/QUOTE]That is a nice story! Congratulations!

But couldn't one argue that this is only semantics? Curious interest / curiosity being another way of saying "falling in love at first sight?" (btw, did you see the short film "Struck?" It didn't win, but I really liked it...)

Personally, I think this is like arguing about God: one side complains there's no proof or a human invention or psychology, the other side says it's harder to disprove it and just because you haven't experienced anything related to it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I think, if you just suspend your own biases and beliefs, and step on the other side for a little bit, there's a good amount of reasoning and even research for love at first sight. I've had no luck with such a thing, but if other people have had luck and if there are certain features and gestures that associate with personalities you are attracted to, who is to say that isn't the seed of love?

[quote name='AzureWolf']But couldn't one argue that this is only semantics? Curious interest / curiosity being another way of saying "falling in love at first sight?" (btw, did you see the short film "Struck?" It didn't win, but I really liked it...)[/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]Certainly could be semantics, but in no way did I immediately feel the way I do now about my girlfriend, you know?[/color]

[color=deeppink]One quick thing here: not believing in love at first sight is hardly cynical. Claiming that love at first sight is only lust, perhaps, but not the outright refusal of it's existence.[/color]

[COLOR="Red"]HEY!!!!:flaming::flaming::animecry: i didn't say forget about me completely! *sniff* i feel so [I]alone[/I]!:animecry::animedepr
p.s. nerdsy. two things to say. why do you use so many big words and yet you abhor(hate) anyone who calls you a nerd? i mean why would you punch them out? and i'm a nerd. so don't try to insult me, either.[/COLOR]

[quote name='CrimsonKnight'][COLOR="Red"]
p.s. nerdsy. two things to say. why do you use so many big words and yet you abhor(hate) anyone who calls you a nerd? i mean why would you punch them out? and i'm a nerd. so don't try to insult me, either.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I use "big words" because those are usually the first words that come to mind when I'm writing. Well, also when I'm talking , but when I do that there's more stuttering.

And I hate being called a nerd because nerds are losers.[/color]

Well, alot of people think it can happen.. but I don't know, really.

However, I had someone who said they fell in love with me at first sight. They've been trying to get me to be with them for five years now.. and that person claims to have loved me since they first saw me. Someone else in this thread said that 'love at first sight' isn't really LOVE, just infatuation. I agree with that.. because love goes deeper than sight, I don't believe you just fall in love with someone so quickly..

With that said, the person who's been in love with me.. I don't really think it started out as 'love'. Nah.. maybe just a really big interest, or crush.

So I guess I don't really think it can happen.. I mean, I've never had it happen with anyone I've had feelings for.

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]

The day my emotions take precedent over logical and rational thinking is the day someone needs to drag me out into the street and put me out of my misery so to speak.

[I]*shot*[/I][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms]
[spoiler]So you're going to become the neighborhood cat lady? ;)[/spoiler][/font]

[QUOTE=Lunox][font=trebuchet ms]
[spoiler]So you're going to become the neighborhood cat lady? ;)[/spoiler][/font][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial][Spoiler]Actually, the neighborhood cat [I]man[/I] is my distinction already; and besides, she has a [I]dog.[/I]

So probably the Dog Lady. Which is even more odd.[/spoiler]

;)[/FONT]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms]
[spoiler]So you're going to become the neighborhood cat lady? ;)[/spoiler][/font][/QUOTE]

Oh my god.. xDD;

A family friend actually met someone like that once.. >_>;

[spoiler]She was in her 40's, and was still a virigin.. she lived all alone, and had mulitple cats.[/spoiler]

Really.

Not lying.

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms]

[spoiler]I actually know someone who owns multiple cats and is relatively normal...[/spoiler]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]Well, actually. My definition of normal is probably terribly scewed, since I'm not so normal myself. :3[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial][Spoiler]Actually, the neighborhood cat [I]man[/I] is my distinction already; and besides, she has a [I]dog.[/I]

So probably the Dog Lady. Which is even more odd.[/spoiler]

;)[/FONT][/QUOTE]Not when you consider that I want to go to school and become a vet. I'll just have my practice and raise Bichon's! :D The only cats I'll deal with are the ones I'll treat. [FONT="Arial"]=P[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]