OtakuBoards

Jonas Brothers & Camp Rock

Lunar

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=#9933ff]For the record- I hate Spongebob, but I can't help but admire him for the power he has to entertain a 4 year old for hours.

Also if I broke into a rendition of Little Girls from Annie after seeing these pictures would you all hate me for it? Because for whatever reason that's what popped into my head when I saw them *sigh*:animesigh

Still don't like the Jonas Brothers, seriously what is with children born in the 90's trying to dress like they came of age in the 80's? Ick.[/color]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff]For the record- I hate Spongebob, but I can't help but admire him for the power he has to entertain a 4 year old for hours.

Also if I broke into a rendition of Little Girls from Annie after seeing these pictures would you all hate me for it? Because for whatever reason that's what popped into my head when I saw them *sigh*:animesigh

Still don't like the Jonas Brothers, seriously what is with children born in the 90's trying to dress like they came of age in the 80's? Ick.[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Sienna"]You and your hatred for Spongebob......................what cartoon [I]do [/I]you like? You better not say Family Guy or the Simpsons, 'cause those shows are gross and the stuff on there isn't funny AT ALL. How old is the oldest JB brother? I know Nick's 14.................[/COLOR]

[quote name='Calypso'][COLOR="Sienna"]You and your hatred for Spongebob......................what cartoon [I]do [/I]you like? You better not say Family Guy or the Simpsons, 'cause those shows are gross and the stuff on there isn't funny AT ALL. How old is the oldest JB brother? I know Nick's 14.................[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][B]The Simpsons[/B] was funny when they first came out in the late 80's, but I was also in primary and then secondary school in that time. But now it's just played out- shouldn't the kids have graduated by now and have families of their own? Shouldn't Mr.Burns have friggin' died???:confused: (Yes, the extra question marks are justified, so is the smiley) And [B]Family Guy[/B] doesn't even cross my radar. My boyfriend likes them, but he's three years younger and a guy.

I do like [B]Winx Club[/B]- it's an Italian cartoon that [B]4Kids[/B] butchered the crap out of even though there is a perfectly usable English dub that I own thanks to the internet. I also like [B]Jem and the Holograms[/B] (best 80's cartoon and maybe even best cartoon ever) [B]Daria[/B] and [B]Avatar the Last Air Bender[/B](Okay, definately THE BEST cartoon ever!!!!) But Spongebob is just mindless crap. [/color]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff]
Still don't like the Jonas Brothers, seriously what is with children born in the 90's trying to dress like they came of age in the 80's? Ick.[/color][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] Are you talking about the pictures I just posted? They're imitating 40s for their music video.

If not, Joe does go for the retro 80s look sometimes but other than Nick is pretty preppy punk and Kevin is very modern gent. I will go die now for saying this. [/font]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff]

I do like [B]Winx Club[/B]- it's an Italian cartoon that [B]4Kids[/B] butchered the crap out of even though there is a perfectly usable English dub that I own thanks to the internet. I also like [B]Jem and the Holograms[/B] (best 80's cartoon and maybe even best cartoon ever) [B]Daria[/B] and [B]Avatar the Last Air Bender[/B](Okay, definately THE BEST cartoon ever!!!!) But Spongebob is just mindless crap. [/color][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Sienna"]
*ahem* mindless crap, whatever. You are a sad person. I mean.....seriously, though. Mindless crap is really unnecessary. Just bad would suffice, no need to make it "mindless crap" that means your that you are against all the [I]good [/I]shows on earthThe Winxx club sucks, too. Jem and Holograms I've never seen along with Daria. Avatar is the 4th best show ever. I mean, how can 't you not like this?[/COLOR]
[img]http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/paramountpreview_spongebob1_1080756831.jpg[/img]

[COLOR="Sienna"]Or this?[/COLOR]
[img]http://wallpaperandborders.co.uk/wallpaper-shop/images/categories/SpongeBob-standup.jpg[/img]

[COLOR="Sienna"]How 'bout this?[/COLOR]
[img]http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/ADVG/612~SpongeBob-SquarePants-Posters.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Calypso'][img]http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/paramountpreview_spongebob1_1080756831.jpg[/img]

[COLOR="Sienna"]Or this?[/COLOR]
[img]http://wallpaperandborders.co.uk/wallpaper-shop/images/categories/SpongeBob-standup.jpg[/img]

[COLOR="Sienna"]How 'bout this?[/COLOR]
[img]http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/ADVG/612~SpongeBob-SquarePants-Posters.jpg[/img][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]First of all, it's pretty petty to stoop to personal insults when arguing with someone who has a distaste for a show you like (and even more so when the person in question is considerably older than you and raising a child of her own.) Second:

[IMG]http://flapjackfan.com/assets/images/screenshots/several_leagues_under/big/04.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://flapjackfan.com/assets/images/screenshots/thats_a_wrap/big/054.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://flapjackfan.com/assets/images/screenshots/how_the_west_was_fun/big/005.jpg[/IMG]

These images are from a show on Cartoon Network called [I]The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack[/I]. Or, as I like to call it, "Spongebob 2.0." It has all the strange visual gags of Spongebob, but it's actually funny. So even in what Spongebob was made for, there are shows that do it better. Plus, he lives in a freakin' whale. Way better than a pineapple.

But wait, why the heck is this subject even in this topic. Here, let me try to fix the derailment.

[IMG]http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/jonas.gif[/IMG][/FONT]

[COLOR="Sienna"]*ahem* Never insulted anyone, just said she was a sad person. I have two little sisters and I probably have more responsiblity for my age. Besides, I'm not arguing, just stating my opinion on why Spongebob is the GREATEST SHOW EVER! Anyways, i hate flapjack. That show just freaks me out along with ICarly, the Naked Brothers Band, and who can forget the ever famous Hannah Montanna?.:animedepr[/COLOR]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]But wait, why the heck is this subject even in this topic. Here, let me try to fix the derailment.

[IMG]http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/jonas.gif[/IMG][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]I have to agree with the graph (and ignore the other stuff, because even though I hate Spongebob I do let my daughter watch it when I want some 'me time') The only time I've voluntarily watched the Jonas Brothers is when they were on Ellen.[/color]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

But wait, why the heck is this subject even in this topic. Here, let me try to fix the derailment.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Another reason why they aren't the greatest. They can't sing worth a crap. All for looks. Lucky person who's the manager. Heh.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

[font=trebuchet ms] [img]http://xs432.xs.to/xs432/08421/jonashate944.png[/img]

Don't lie, it's true.

Disclaimer: this isn't aimed at anyone in the thread, just talking from experiences I've had with people when they find out I'm a JB fan.

I understand why a lot of people hate the JB, mostly bc their fans are obnoxious and crazy as hell, but other than that the other reasons are not very valid.

Saying they are "just another creation of Disney" is such a dumb argument, because that can be applied to most popular artists now except you replace 'Disney' with whoever their record label is. And it's not even like all music companies actually suck artists' souls away, it's something people like to say and run around with to justify their hate. Ngl from personal experience most people who say this to me annoy me, as they think they are superior and awesome because they listen to ____.

Lol seriously, people blow up about how crappy the Jonas Brothers' music is, but it's on par with most of today's popular artists' music. Granted, that still makes it mediocre music, but I love how people act like JB music is much worse than it really is. It's catchy rock-pop, time to move along.

(Also there is the "they're ugly" argument. Self-explanatory.) And yeah, I think Nick is incredibly attractive. Does that help the fact that I really like the JB? Yes. I also don't see the big deal. I thought "Burnin' Up", "SOS", and "Hold On" were awesome songs before I thought any of them were attractive.

I've gotten a lot of looks of disgust when I say I love the Jonas Brothers, and it just annoys me. Like wtf is up with judging people based on what music they listen to. One of my best friends thinks Radiohead is God's gift to earth, another one thinks Jason Mraz is amazing, the list goes on.

Also, to repeat what Clurr said. Calling any artist "talentless" is obnoxious.
[/font]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms] [img]http://xs432.xs.to/xs432/08421/jonashate944.png[/img]

Don't lie, it's true.

Disclaimer: this isn't aimed at anyone in the thread, just talking from experiences I've had with people when they find out I'm a JB fan.

I understand why a lot of people hate the JB, mostly bc their fans are obnoxious and crazy as hell, but other than that the other reasons are not very valid.

Saying they are "just another creation of Disney" is such a dumb argument, because that can be applied to most popular artists now except you replace 'Disney' with whoever their record label is. And it's not even like all music companies actually suck artists' souls away, it's something people like to say and run around with to justify their hate. Ngl from personal experience most people who say this to me annoy me, as they think they are superior and awesome because they listen to ~Radiohead~ or something. lol

Lol seriously, people blow up about how crappy the Jonas Brothers' music is, but it's on par with most of today's popular artists' music. Granted, that still makes it mediocre music, but I love how people act like JB music is much worse than it really is.

I've gotten a lot of looks of "wtf" and disgust when I say I love the Jonas Brothers, and it just annoys me. And then they find out that I also like "good" bands and the fact that people can enjoy a variety of music blows their mind.

Also, to repeat what Clurr said. Calling any artist "talentless" is obnoxious.

[/font][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]I'm not going to lie, but I will say for myself it's just because I don't like the music. It's a presonal preference for me. I'm not going to shun you or make fun of you for liking them. I mean everyone has to have fans right?[/color]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]And see, I count that as an insult. You should really stop that.[/FONT][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Sienna"]Sorry. Another lecture *sigh*
Anyways, Chibi- you are right! Many people are fans of me!!! Isn't that just awesome?:catgirl:[/COLOR]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff]I'm not going to lie, but I will say for myself it's just because I don't like the music. It's a presonal preference for me. I'm not going to shun you or make fun of you for liking them. I mean everyone has to have fans right?[/color][/QUOTE]

[quote=Lunox][font=trebuchet ms]
Disclaimer: this isn't aimed at anyone in the thread, just talking from experiences I've had with people when they find out I'm a JB fan.[/font][/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms] The chart was a general observation, so it goes under the disclaimer too, I guess. I didn't want everyone saying "PERSONALLY I really don't like their music and think it is worse than normal pop stuff" because it would start to get annoying.[/font]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms] The chart was a general observation, so it goes under the disclaimer too, I guess. I didn't want everyone saying "PERSONALLY I really don't like their music and think it is worse than normal pop stuff" because it would start to get annoying.[/font][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]So... how dead would I be if I admitted I like Brittany Spears' new single?Not enough to buy the new CD, but I do like the song... I also liked Lucky.

UH... and I like P!nk... I plan on buying her new CD[/color]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff]So... how dead would I be if I admitted I like Brittany Spears' new single?Not enough to buy the new CD, but I do like the song... I also liked Lucky.

UH... and I like P!nk... I plan on buying her new CD[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Sienna"]Oh! I love P!ink!!! Especially "So What". :catgirl:[/COLOR]

[quote name='Calypso'][COLOR="Sienna"]Oh! I love P!ink!!! Especially "So What". :catgirl:[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]Ookay there's a 180. Yeah [B]'So what[/B] is a great song. I also liked [B]18 Wheeler[/B] off of her [B]Missunderstood[/B] CD and [B]'Hey Mr Presiodent[/B] with the [B]Indigo Girls [/B]from [B]I'm not Dead[/B][/color]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff]Okay there's a 180. Yeah [B]'So what[/B] is a great song. I also liked [B]18 Wheeler[/B] off of her [B]Missunderstood[/B] CD and [B]'Hey Mr Presiodent[/B] with the [B]Indigo Girls [/B]from [B]I'm not Dead[/B][/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Sienna"]I haven't heard those. I'll be sure to listen to them. Have you heard "Who Knew" and um, what was that song's name? I'm not sure, but some of the lyrics are "we don't wait at the door 'cause we know them. At the bar six shots just beginning..........." I know alot of the lyrics to that song, but I'm listening to Paula Abdul, so I can't really remember.:animesmil[/COLOR]

Can't say I've ever really heard of the Jonas Brothers or heard any of their music, but I had enough of Disney-created groups back in the 90s when my sister listened to The Party. Anyone old enough to remember those guys? It was a band made of a few members of the New Mickey Mouse Club.

Oh, the horror...

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff]So... how dead would I be if I admitted I like Brittany Spears' new single?Not enough to buy the new CD, but I do like the song... I also liked Lucky.
[/color][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] I have the Womanizer music video saved to my Mac. <3[/font]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]First of all, it's pretty petty to stoop to personal insults when arguing with someone who has a distaste for a show you like (and even more so when the person in question is considerably older than you and raising a child of her own.) Second:

[IMG]http://flapjackfan.com/assets/images/screenshots/several_leagues_under/big/04.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://flapjackfan.com/assets/images/screenshots/thats_a_wrap/big/054.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://flapjackfan.com/assets/images/screenshots/how_the_west_was_fun/big/005.jpg[/IMG]

These images are from a show on Cartoon Network called [I]The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack[/I]. Or, as I like to call it, "Spongebob 2.0." It has all the strange visual gags of Spongebob, but it's actually funny. So even in what Spongebob was made for, there are shows that do it better. Plus, he lives in a freakin' whale. Way better than a pineapple.

liking JB or not. I really dont care what you think or say about them.
cause whatever ya'll say about them, makes me like them even more!
ha ha.

they're amazing guys!

SP bob is cool. in a weird way...

I also LOVE Avatar! Aang rocks!:catgirl:

[quote name='Lunox][font=trebuchet ms']I understand why a lot of people hate the JB, mostly bc their fans are obnoxious and crazy as hell,....[/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]I hope that doesn't apply to you also. :animesmil 'Cause that would render the whole rant moot.

[/picking]

[QUOTE=Lunox][font=trebuchet ms]Lol seriously, people blow up about how crappy the Jonas Brothers' music is, but it's on par with most of today's popular artists' music. Granted, that still makes it mediocre music, but I love how people act like JB music is much worse than it really is. It's catchy rock-pop, time to move along.
[/font][/QUOTE]
Right back at'cha, hun. It's catchy rock-pop, time to find a new obsession. (^_^)

And everyone should make note of the popular artists point. We have no musicianship in the pop sector anymore because [I]now[/I] music is no longer crafted. It's mass-produced. Better check the back of the JB's necks, see if there's a "Made In Taiwan" tattoo there. :animesmil

Although I [I]will[/I] agree with the deal about calling artists talentless. If there was no talent, the boys wouldn't be singing/playing [I]anything[/I].

[quote name='Lunox][font=trebuchet ms']And it's not even like all music companies actually suck artists' souls away, it's something people like to say and run around with to justify their hate.[/FONT][/quote]
Cooldown time, girl.

My gripe with Disney and other "blockbuster" pop record labels is that they find young [I]moderately[/I] talented people and encourage them to pump out a record or two of the exact same sound that people liked in one song. There isn't a push for experimentation or growth as an artist, just a need to sell records and make money. (Hmm. Seems I could tie this point in rather neatly with our current economic situation, since the prevalent attitudes are identical.)

I bought Mraz'z [I]Waiting For My Rocket To Come[/I] because I liked "The Remedy", thought it was innovative, and wanted to hear more by that artist. After listening to the cd, I realized that all but two of the tracks on it were almost cookie-cutter likenesses of each other, and that put me off him immediately. Still love "The Remedy", and also "Wordplay" off of [I]Mr. A-Z[/I] (oh hey, they sound like each other, too), but I have no desire to hear anything else by him just because of the overwhelming [I]same[/I]-ness of what I paid to hear.

[quote name='Lunox][font=trebuchet ms']Like wtf is up with judging people based on what music they listen to.[/FONT][/quote]
WDFXXUP??? :p

Actually, that's human nature. Some people will hate on bands because others have expressed a distaste for said band, and said person is trying to feel like their opinion means something as well. (woo, vagueness!) Myself, I hear you listening to JB and I instantly surmise that you have no serious formal music training. I could be wrong, but that's what comes to mind.

[QUOTE=Anime_girl5]

liking JB or not. I really dont care what you think or say about them.
cause whatever ya'll say about them, makes me like them even more!
ha ha.[/QUOTE]
Uhh.

[INDENT] . . . . [I]what?[/I][/INDENT]

Take heed, friends. [I]That[/I] is blind devotion. [I]*applauds*[/I][/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]I hope that doesn't apply to you also. :animesmil 'Cause that would render the whole rant moot.

[/picking]

Right back at'cha, hun. It's catchy rock-pop, time to find a new obsession. (^_^)

And everyone should make note of the popular artists point. We have no musicianship in the pop sector anymore because [I]now[/I] music is no longer crafted. It's mass-produced. Better check the back of the JB's necks, see if there's a "Made In Taiwan" tattoo there. :animesmil

Although I [I]will[/I] agree with the deal about calling artists talentless. If there was no talent, the boys wouldn't be singing/playing [I]anything[/I].

Cooldown time, girl.

My gripe with Disney and other "blockbuster" pop record labels is that they find young [I]moderately[/I] talented people and encourage them to pump out a record or two of the exact same sound that people liked in one song. There isn't a push for experimentation or growth as an artist, just a need to sell records and make money. (Hmm. Seems I could tie this point in rather neatly with our current economic situation, since the prevalent attitudes are identical.)

I bought Mraz'z [I]Waiting For My Rocket To Come[/I] because I liked "The Remedy", thought it was innovative, and wanted to hear more by that artist. After listening to the cd, I realized that all but two of the tracks on it were almost cookie-cutter likenesses of each other, and that put me off him immediately. Still love "The Remedy", and also "Wordplay" off of [I]Mr. A-Z[/I] (oh hey, they sound like each other, too), but I have no desire to hear anything else by him just because of the overwhelming [I]same[/I]-ness of what I paid to hear.

WDFXXUP??? :p

Actually, that's human nature. Some people will hate on bands because others have expressed a distaste for said band, and said person is trying to feel like their opinion means something as well. (woo, vagueness!) Myself, I hear you listening to JB and I instantly surmise that you have no serious formal music training. I could be wrong, but that's what comes to mind.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] Wow, you sound like a douchebag! ^_^ And btw, your ironic smilies lost their wit after its second use.

First of all, the fact that you're bashing on me for liking JB is just incredibly ignorant and elitist. So what if I do enjoy listening to generic catchy rock-pop songs? Is it something you can't handle? lol

(And note: things that I obsess over doesn't make me think they're truly the best of what they are. I am incredibly ****ing obsessed with [i]Gossip Girl[/i], but that doesn't mean I think it's the best show I've ever watched. Lol, quite the contrary, but I'm still obsessed. I'm sure it's the same with a lot of people.

And yeah, it is easier to be obsessed with a band that's really active and always doing stuff. Because, you know, you have stuff to obsess over. I was obsessed with Justin Timberlake when he was active, and now he's not so I don't think of him much anymore. So I reject your advice to find a new obsession, because I'm quite comfortable with it as I am.)

And you know why record companies have artists put out these kinds of songs? Because a lot of resulting songs are catchy and popular and a lot of people like them. Oh god, it's the end of the world. We're not all listening to obscure indie bands that are ~true musicians~. And I could go into the subject that JB is not pressured by Disney in any way with what kind of music they make- everything is done by the boys and their band.

Yeah, I love Justin Timberlake and Timbaland and Chris Brown and the Jonas Brothers and Britney Spears and what have you. It doesn't mean I have bad taste. Maybe it means I can appreciate more genres of music for what it is and not get my panties in a bunch over it. I'm tempted as hell to sit here and list off all the other bands I listen to, but in the end that's just me trying to prove that I'm not a complete moron in the eyes of elitists. And I don't think people who listen to just those kinds of artists are complete morons either, because not everyone has to be deeply interested in music.

I'll use an example. I really really like movies and tv shows. I enjoy watching all types of movies/shows and I consider myself pretty knowledgeable about movies. About half of my friends' favorite movie lists of all time include generic rom-coms and humor movies like [i]Madagascar[/i]. And... I don't care. I offer to let them watch some of my favorite movies, but I realize a lot of my favorite movies are not ideal for having a good time with friends. And yeah, I do know how to enjoy generic and terrible films for what they are but then watch [i]Cinema Paradiso[/i] and cry my eyes out. I love watching [i]Gossip Girl[/i] with friends and then going home and watching [i]Mad Men[/i].

They told me that their interest in movies was simple to be entertained for a couple of hours, and I completely accept that. I don't bash on them, I don't feel a need to "show them the way", because they all have their own interests that they're passionate about. I offer, but that's it.

So, yeah. I see you flaunting your superior music taste, and honestly, it's really not that attractive.[/font]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Uhh.

[INDENT] . . . . [I]what?[/I][/INDENT]

Take heed, friends. [I]That[/I] is blind devotion. [I]*applauds*[/I][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] Actually, it's pretty much human nature to get defensive when people bash on things you like. Making fans like JB more when people rag on us. :)[/font]

[COLOR="Sienna"]Daaang!!!!! Justin Timberlake is ugly, and he can't really sing. Chris Brown, I have no clue why girls go crazy over him. He's ugly. Jonas Brothers, okay. Britney Spears.......??? No it doesn't mean you have bad taste, just means you like music that is different. Like me, I have no freakin' clue why people hate jazz and electronica. I mean, isn't that the best music, music without words?:confused:[/COLOR]