OtakuBoards

Paradoxes... Scary...

NeoCactuar

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina [/i]
[B]mmmmm.... visual paradox time.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Heheh, those things are cool. there is lots of them, liek ones with water, and ones with staircases. And not to spoil your theory, but that all depends on whether you believe in the theory of evolution.

Watch that double post :whoops:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NeoCactuar [/i]
[B]

Heheh, those things are cool. there is lots of them, liek ones with water, and ones with staircases. And not to spoil your theory, but that all depends on whether you believe in the theory of evolution.

Watch that double post :whoops: [/B][/QUOTE]

2 damn good points. sorry bout that.

heres another

[B]If you went back in time to save the president from being assasinated, you would stop him being assasinated, then you forget why you were there and everything that you had experienced beyond that point in your original timeline (say 5 five years), therefore, you would not be able to go back to your original timeline because you would have not had the idea to stop the assination because it had never happened. confusing eh?[/B]

[b]
Wait, maybe you [i]could[/i] kill you Mother etc.
Think about it, what if time splits into two, everytime someone travels back in time?
(a bit like DBZ & Trunks)

That means, you could still be living, and your mother, but now you kill your mother on an alternate world...but unlike DBZ, you can't return back to your time...ever
not even if you didn't kill her...coz you've split time just by travelling back...:drunk:

Too hard to explain....a tip: watch DBZ :p[/b]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NeoCactuar [/i]
[B]One of the things that will **** with your mind, is paradoxes... For people who don't know what they are, they are, as defined by the Oxford English Dictionary, A paradox is a self-contradictory statement or essentially absurd statement. In English... A thing that messes with your mind. So what I?m saying here is how scary paradoxes can be if you think about them to hard. Here is an example.

The paradox of Time Travel

If someone travels back in time to stop something from happening, say the president being shot. Then they will stop that event, so the event will never happen... So they will never go back in time to stop it, and since they don't go back in time to stop it, it will happen again, so they then will go back in time again...

And this will just keep going over and over again, and the affect would be... Well... crazy... i don't want to hurt my brain thinking about it any more.

So, if any of you have any other examples of paradoxes... please, do share them. [/B][/QUOTE][COLOR=royalblue]

Okay I'm not to go at these paradoxes things but yet many of them are interesting and yet many of them make my head hurt!!!!
Is that supposed to happen!!! :confuse2:[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sweetreyes [/i]
[B][COLOR=royalblue]
Okay I'm not to go at these paradoxes things but yet many of them are interesting and yet many of them make my head hurt!!!!
Is that supposed to happen!!! :confuse2:[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

that happens to me too: it's kinda like the ant on the mobious (sp?) strip....MAKE IT STOP, please, i want to get off :wigout: :cross: