OtakuBoards

Music you particularly like or recommend.

Sara

MF Doom: Vaudville Villian, Mmm Food..., and probably OPerationDoomsday I havent bought it yet.
Train: Alive at Last
Gorillaz: Self tittled and Demon Days
Beach boys: dont own any yet but I have Little Duece Coupe on my iPod. Little duece coupe you dont know what I got, well I'm not braggin so dont put me down, i got the fasest set.. sorry sorry got carried away.
Ofcourse theres Matisyahu, Lady Sovereign and DMX. Third Eye Blind.

[FONT="Garamond"]I've decided life need more disco, already adding to my lengthy list of music I like to push on people. So we'll go with a few new favourites and maybe some old ones, too.

Sneaky Sound System - Great Aussie band, mix catchy dance with some 80s sounding beats, and the vocalist has a great set of pipes on her. Must listens are UFO, Pictures, Kansas City.

Passion Pit - new band I found via a delightful Canadian PSP commercial. Electro-ish dancey kind of things. Good songs are Sleepyhead and better things.

MIA - catchy dance/rap. Hombre, Paper Planes. (not new to me but I just heard a great remix of Paper Planes in Slumdog Millionaire and I listen to her again)

and now some old stuff

Nujabes - amazing instrumentals and collaborations with underground rap artists in Japan, the UK and North America. Winter Lane, Feather, Luv Sic pt.3, Kumomi and Day by Atmosphere Supreme and F.I.L.O are my favourites.

Bran Van 300 is some mad 90's disco dance stuff. Drinking in LA and Astounded are great. Call me Medley is also really great.

Hawksley Workman is very relaxing and generally acoustic.

Boards of Canada is a fantastic ambience group. Very chill.[/FONT]

I really like Staind. The lead singer's voice is really beautiful in a way. The lyrics are amazing and there is probably at least one song theyve done for anyone to relate to. they come up with more songs and every song I enjoy listening to. they havent succumbed to writing songs that try to get more money and end up sounding lame. The arent concerned about popularity anyway.

Definitely worth listening to. I'd recommend Staind to anyone.

[COLOR="DimGray"][FONT="Garamond"][quote name='Anomaly'][FONT="Garamond"]

Passion Pit - new band I found via a delightful Canadian PSP commercial. Electro-ish dancey kind of things. Good songs are Sleepyhead and better things.

Boards of Canada is a fantastic ambience group. Very chill.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Seconds for both of these.

A bit like the Boards of Canada, but more acoustic, are the [B]Red Sparowes[/B]. Check out the album Every Red Heart Shines Towards the Red Sun, it is perfect post-rock ambiance. A bit on the dull side, though, but perfect for relaxing.

[b]They Might be Giants[/b] are a pretty well-known indie group, but I absolutely love them anyway and think they should get mentioned here. They're as infectious as they are entirely bizarre. Their early stuff is really cool, unpolished and really raw, while their later stuff is catchy and cool as it is experimental. Check it all out, especially Apollo 18.

[b]MC Frontalot[/b] is cool because everything he does is free, endorsed by him and everything, on his website. The best nerdcore rapper on the market, if that's your thing.

[b]Foo Fighters[/b] are awesome, largely because of a certain someone. Ahem. Actually, anything I recommend everything that Dave Grohl's ever touched, excluding Nirvana; including that one good [B]QOTSA[/B] album, [B]Tenacious D[/B],[B] the Eagles of Death Metal[/B]... on and on.

[b]Israel Kamakawiwo'ole[/b] (I'm impressed that I got that in one shot) the ukulele's 750 pound God-king. Check out his cover of Over the Rainbow, it'll change your life.[/FONT][/COLOR]