OtakuBoards

2008 Olympics, the sports I mean

eleanor

[font=trebuchet ms] Talk about what you've watched, what you've liked, disliked, everything!

I haven't been watching it every day, but I've seen all of Phelps's races (it's like he was made for swimming, I love it). Yesterday night's 50m was RIDICULOUS though, I think Phelps only won because of sheer luck. .01 seconds, that's gotta hurt for 2nd place.

And gymnastics, with China's female gymnasts who suspiciously don't look 16 at all. lol

I'm also excited for tennis, because I love Federer. He may not be #1 anymore but I really hope he wins the gold this year. [/font]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms]I'm also excited for tennis, because I love Federer. He may not be #1 anymore but I really hope he wins the gold this year. [/font][/QUOTE]

Roger Federer won a gold medal in doubles today, but he's long been eliminated in singles -- he won't even play for a bronze. I like Federer, but Rafael Nadal won me over during their Wimbledon match, so I'll be rooting for him to win the gold (especially since Fernando Gonzalez beat James Blake).

Besides tennis, I've definitely paid attention to men's basketball. The USA team put a whipping on Spain today, 119-82. LeBron James has been a beast during the Olympics. Every time I think he can't get better, he somehow steps it up another level -- it's unreal. Good to see Dwyane Wade back in top form, too. And I am also loving that Chris Paul and Deron Williams are getting big minutes. :)

I definitely think they are the favorites to win the gold now, but there are still tough teams left to play. I hope the U.S. team gets to play both Argentina and Lithuania in the medal round. Those would be some good games.

I've been trying to find video of the Jamaican sprinter, Usain Bolt, who apparently slowed up a bit, looked behind and then celebrated before finishing, and he [i]still set the world record in the 100-meter dash[/i]. That is unbelievable.

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms]
And gymnastics, with China's female gymnasts who suspiciously don't look 16 at all. lol

I'm also excited for tennis, because I love Federer. He may not be #1 anymore but I really hope he wins the gold this year. [/font][/QUOTE]

Haha yes the Chinese do not look 16 at all. But I saw a Russian gymnast competeing who was 15 :animestun So I was even more confused XD...

Michael Phelps has been the highlight for me. I cannot believe that he won 8 golds this week... that's totally INSANE!!! I was watching the relay with my Dad and I think I was like dying in my chair lmao. Good stuff though.

I didnt know Federer wasn't number one anymore :o I wanna see him get gold also :D

[quote name='Shinmaru']Roger Federer won a gold medal in doubles today, but he's long been eliminated in singles -- he won't even play for a bronze. I like Federer, but Rafael Nadal won me over during their Wimbledon match, so I'll be rooting for him to win the gold (especially since Fernando Gonzalez beat James Blake).

[/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] Phooey. Nadal grew on me during Wimbledon but I guess I just love Federer. A girl is a girl. :3[/font]

[SIZE="1"]I thought the gymnastics was cool. I've always wanted to incorporate flips and such in with my martial arts, so I enjoyed watching that.

The swimming is just getting on my nerves. I thought it was cool the first time I saw it; how fast they can go in the water is amazing. However, its not that interesting to me atall, its just annoying now. Lol.

I don't care about watching the tennis, basketball, or volleyball. The running is kind of interesting to me though.

What I really want to see is the Taekwondo.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Indigo"]I'm not really into swimming, but once it became apparent that Michael Phelps was gunning for eight gold medals and doing a good job of it, I started following that progress. It's just been fun to watch that unfold. I've sort of watched other events, but that's the only area I've really kept up with.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Indi'][COLOR="Indigo"]I'm not really into swimming, but once it became apparent that Michael Phelps was gunning for eight gold medals and doing a good job of it, I started following that progress. It's just been fun to watch that unfold. I've sort of watched other events, but that's the only area I've really kept up with.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]I've enjoyed watching that too. Unfortunately, other than that I didn't really get into the Olympics this time around. The schedule for when they've been broadcasting it here have been when I've had other things going on. Still seeing him get that eighth medal was sweet.

[FONT="Tahoma"]The swimming was totally exciting. I kept up with that more than any other event. Though I did try to watch some of the volleyball and gymnastics too. But seeing Phelps get eight gold medals, that was just awesome. :catgirl:[/FONT]