OtakuBoards

Memories.

GSValkanas

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Your descendants will. And if your name is defamed, then so is(are) theirs, and it'll be a little difficult for them to overcome that. You can't change it once you're dead, but you can try to prevent it, for their sake(s).

You will be important to someone. So a good memory or a bad memory of you can have effects on them, even after you're not around. And a true memory is a rather powerful thing. (Heck, I'd like to have even one memory of my grandfather.)[/FONT][/QUOTE]The point I was getting at is after I'm dead I can't change it. Naturally I'd correct any misunderstandings I knew of since that's usually a good idea anyway. [quote name='The13thMan'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]How uncalled for... what did i ever do to you? :animecry:

I like to consider my sense of humor at times as faux-immature. ...It's funny because of how awkwardly and uncharacteristically immature it is! It's not MY fault you didn't get that. :p[/FONT][/QUOTE]Fake or not, I'd say you earned it, so in my opinion... not uncalled for. =P And while I'm here, try actually answering the question and lay off the[I] immature[/I] humor. Right now you're trolling the thread so knock it off please.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']The point I was getting at is after I'm dead I can't change it.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Yep. And mine was that you can change it [I]before[/I] you die, which is why it might be confusing, I suppose. Essentially, your actions now will dictate perceptions later, so not caring about those perceptions implies a lack of concern about your actions.

Or even more concisely: have some sort of driving purpose to your life, and don't just screw around. (Speaking to the general audience, there.) Screwing around rarely gains respect.[/FONT]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Oh c'mon guys! Quit pretending Otaku Boards is a serious place! Have you noticed that the two most popular threads at the moment is one with a bunch of cat pictures and another where we throw funny things at each other?
[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Living comes to mind....[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]I will punch you in the belly, good sir! :bash:[/FONT]

In spite of what i just said i will now attempt to honestly answer the question at hand.

I believe the goal of being remembered is one that most all humans share and one that i've pondered upon quite frequently. I've come to the conlusion that the quest is one that can often times be self destructive and really isn't worth my while. I have shed those desires in light of better goals. And the main goal is simply to be happy with the people that i love.

Let me clarify a bit. The goal of being remembered as i stated in the previous paragraph was on a grand scale. Remembered in the sense that, say, Isaac Newton is remembered. That goal is what i see as unworthy of my effort. The more personal goal of simply having those that care about you remember you once you pass is a much more worth while and admirable goal, and one that i pursue.

So, do i think people that care about me will remember me? I certainly do. And what do i think they'll remember me for? Hm... i rarely get angry and usuall try to calm intense situations. I'm a very logical and cool headed person (most of the time). I have a dry wit sense of humor (off of these boards, anyways), and i love my kitty cat. I'm a big enthusiast of science, i'm agnostic. I'm a little weird. Also i'm a big fella! I'm about 6'1'' and 220lbf. Beyond that, i don't know, it's anyone's guess. [/FONT]

[quote name='The13thMan'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Oh c'mon guys! Quit pretending Otaku Boards is a serious place! Have you noticed that the two most popular threads at the moment is one with a bunch of cat pictures and another where we throw funny things at each other?

[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]Well, from time to time the urge to try and be serious does strike. But it gets quelched after a few days

That said: There's a thread where we throw things at one another and no one told me? Damn I am so out of touch with how things work here now.

And by the way. I'll probably be unknown and dead not famous and dead. And unfortunately that's probably how the most of us will be- so I think as long as the people who count remember us then that is all that should matter.[/color]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial][CENTER]Some stuff here[/CENTER][/FONT][/QUOTE]I find it amusing that you've posted four times in this thread without actually answering the question directly. =P

When I think about being remembered for something, I think about the work I do with victims of domestic violence. If just one person remembers how I worked to help them improve their life, then I'm good. That is what I like to do, even if it's hard to see so many people keep going back to the person who put them in the center to begin with. I'm sure my family and friends would remember me for what I do as well. So if I were to want something to be remembered, that would be it.[/COLOR]