OtakuBoards

Memories.

GSValkanas

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Most of my friends would say: "Oh that crazy Cali girl. She sent us pronz. Har har har."

Others I know personally would regret the passing of the 'life of the party' and have to go in search of new lives of parties.

My family would remember me for being defensive and cynical but always working single minded towards work, graduation, etc. And my siblings would be mad because their free and lenient babysitter would be gone.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I owe some money to the Turkish mafia in 7 states, most likely my debt will transfer over to my family. My dad's a coal miner and most certainly won't be able to afford the substantial sum of money i've built up in the minus.

I'd also be remembered for my huge cock. [IMG]http://www.manbottle.com/pictures/man_with_a_very_big_cock.jpg[/IMG][/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]I'd be remembered as that one strange kid that stared into space alot and had the maturity of a toddler at times.

My friends would probably be wailing their heads off, screaming stuff such as "WHO WILL MAKE BENDER WAFFLES NOW!?" while blowing their noses into fancy handkerchiefs.

Online...more or less the same. I dare to be proved different. :P[/SIZE]

I don't think I would be remembered much at all...I give myself six months tops.

I suppose my roommates would be worried and sad because their rent when up with my passing. I doubt my girlfriend would suffer much, she seems to be almost devoid of feelings towards me these days anyhow. I suppose my family would miss me most, and no doubt down the road resent the amount of financial aid they would be burdened with paying off.

Sort've sad to really think about this question. I'd love to be able to say "Oh yeah I'd be remembered forever" But the truth of the matter is. 1.) My fiancee would move on within the year. 2.) Though you can never replace a child, my parents have their grandchildren. and 3.) I hate everyone I'm enlisted with and work with, and I'm pretty certain the feeling's mutual.

So sufficate to say I'd probably have a good 6 months myself before the world began go turn again.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]I imagine people would remember me as that girl who was obsessed with her dog... XD And since I do love that little fur ball. I'm fine with that. :catgirl: Other than that, I don't really have something I want people to remember me for. If they do, great, if they don't, so what? It's not like I'll be around to know they don't so it won't matter. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#9933ff]My ex and his wife would pee themselves with joy.. but moving on.

The residents I work with all have varying degrees of Alzheimers or dimensia so some of them don't even remember me from hour to hour. Also I only just started this job so although I get along well with my co-workers and such I'm not sure how long they'd remember me as the spaztic one.

My family and friends will most definately remember me- I'm pretty unforgetable. I would also hope that my daughter would remember me somehow- even if her father and step-mom tried to brainwash her.

My boyfriend- well he'd damn well better remember me or I'll haunt him and the taller younger version of me he hooks up with next. My boyfriend's mom will probably remember me too- hey I scared the crap out of her mom how can I be forgotten?

Everyone else- well the people who read my fanfics might just figure I've given up updating. And you guys will probably just think I wandered off and got lost again. :catgirl:

As for how I want to be remembered. I want to be remembered as the chatty, somewhat intelligent one with the loud laugh.[/color]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]You know, I would just be happy to be remembered. I have a few close friends, but I'd probably be remember at my Dojo as the Black Belt that dated too many dojo-girls. But I guess I'd rather be remember as the best assistant sensei[/FONT]

[quote name='The13thMan'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Oh c'mon! Nobody liked my cock comment? Just look at the picture, it's hillarious! I crack up just thinking about it!That cock is comically large![/FONT][/QUOTE]

Umm, okay are you alright? I did notice it, I was just too stunned to post anything... You see, the picture didn't upload until [I]after[/I] I read the post...so you sorta kinda mentally scarred me for life.:animedepr

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Sojiro47][FONT="Book Antiqua"]You know, I would just be happy to be remembered. [/FONT][/QUOTE]I'd be fine with that too. :catgirl: [QUOTE=The13thMan][FONT="Trebuchet MS"']Oh c'mon! Nobody liked my cock comment? Just look at the picture, it's hillarious! I crack up just thinking about it!That cock is comically large![/FONT][/quote]Not really. All it did was remind me of some guys I know who's sense of humor is about as exciting as watching the paint dry. ^^ [/FONT]

I'm not sure if I really care or not. I imagine my friends and family will remember me as the one who was obsessed with music. >_> Other than that if they do, fine, if they don't that's fine too. Somehow, it seems pretentious to want to be remembered for something, or rather it just feels like it should be up to the person to decide what they would remember. I don't know how to explain that other than what I'm doing in life, well I'm not doing it so I'll be remembered for it.

[FONT=Arial]I think you're misinterpreting the question as egocentric, [COLOR=DarkRed]Rach[/COLOR]. I mean, there's nothing wrong with saying, say, "I want to be remembered for the best cakes ever at our family reunions".

The point of this question is to ask you what you think others (even as small a group as your family) would remember you for, and if that answer lines with what you're doing with your life. If they'll think "what a good cello-player", or fi your students will remember you because of how well you taught them, and you're fine with that, then isn't that what you want them to remember? If they choose to remember you as a backwater pothead, wouldn't you want to change that to reflect the truth of who you were?

It's not pretentious. It's just a setting of goals and a statement of what you've put the most effort into while alive.

[quote name='Sabrina][FONT=Tahoma][QUOTE=The13thMan][FONT="Trebuchet MS"']Oh c'mon! Nobody liked my cock comment? Just look at the picture, it's hillarious! I crack up just thinking about it!That cock is comically large![/FONT][/quote]
Not really. All it did was remind me of some guys I know who's sense of humor is about as exciting as watching the paint dry. ^^[/FONT][/QUOTE]
Hey, [COLOR=DarkRed]13[/COLOR]? You gonna need some salve for that EPIC BURN?[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]I think you're misinterpreting the question as egocentric, [COLOR=DarkRed]Rach[/COLOR]. I mean, there's nothing wrong with saying, say, "I want to be remembered for the best cakes ever at our family reunions".

The point of this question is to ask you what you think others (even as small a group as your family) would remember you for, and if that answer lines with what you're doing with your life. If they'll think "what a good cello-player", or fi your students will remember you because of how well you taught them, and you're fine with that, then isn't that what you want them to remember? If they choose to remember you as a backwater pothead, wouldn't you want to change that to reflect the truth of who you were?

It's not pretentious. It's just a setting of goals and a statement of what you've put the most effort into while alive.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Can't help it if it feels that way. =P I know that's not what they mean, it just feels awkward to think about what I would want to be remembered for. As for people remember wrong, I won't be around to object anyway. But yeah I suppose I would be curious to at least know what my students or others thought.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']As for people remember wrong, I won't be around to object anyway.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Your descendants will. And if your name is defamed, then so is(are) theirs, and it'll be a little difficult for them to overcome that. You can't change it once you're dead, but you can try to prevent it, for their sake(s).

You will be important to someone. So a good memory or a bad memory of you can have effects on them, even after you're not around. And a true memory is a rather powerful thing. (Heck, I'd like to have even one memory of my grandfather.)

So point is, don't worry about whether what you want remembered of you is concocted or contrived. Just want it to be the truth.

Then figure out what that is.[/FONT]

[SIZE=1]Bloody hell, there's a lot of morbid threads popping up these days.

I'd like to be remembered as the man who spontaneously combusted out of sheer boredom while watching Friends.

[B]"I remember that Phil," [/B]they'd say, [B]"He's the only man that was killed by how much of an absolute tool Ross is."

[/B]No, in all seriousness, it sounds cheesy, but I'd like to be remembered as the guy who brought a smile to a few people's faces while he lived, because that's all I'm really good at, and we all want to be remembered for what we do best. If my friends and family remember me, even if it's just occasionally (for my friends, that is - I'd hope my family remembers be all the time!), then that's good enough for me.

[/cheesy]
[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]:animedeprooh....i really don't like thinking about that. kinda freaks me out. anyway, i would be remembered for my hard working-ness, my dilegence, humor, piano playing, and for being different. here it comes.....:animecry:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='chibi-master']Wow! It seems like almost every member who has posted in this thread is pretty nonchalant and uncaring about how they're remembered...that or you guys are just too modest...[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]Okay fine...

I want to be remembered as the person who found out how to cure at least one form of Alzheimers (There's quite a few different forms of it and ways it happens) Because it is really not fun to watch people you take care of slowly deteriorate week by week. Or try to picture how someone was prior to this disease taking over their mind.

Yeah, I want to be remembered for that- since we all know I won't be remembered as a really hot swimsuit model. :animeswea[/color]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]Not really. All it did was remind me of some guys I know who's sense of humor is about as exciting as watching the paint dry. ^^ [/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]How uncalled for... what did i ever do to you? :animecry:

I like to consider my sense of humor at times as faux-immature. ...It's funny because of how awkwardly and uncharacteristically immature it is! It's not MY fault you didn't get that. :p

And yes, whoever that was, i could use some salve. ...from your mom!

(note: The your mom joke is another example of my faux-immature sense of humor. ......and the majority of this post, i feel, is a load of BS. And it is intentionally so! Another stab at humor, you see. Oh, and uh... i'm pointing it all out for the world to see. :smirk:)

Sheesh, i could use a big manly slab of meat!

Have at it![/FONT]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff]Yeah, I want to be remembered for that- since we all know I won't be remembered as a really hot swimsuit model. :animeswea[/color][/QUOTE]

Hey, I don't know what you look like, so if you want me to remember you for being a hot model, then I'll be happy to.:animesmil

Oh and to stay on topic (at least somewhere) i think people will also remember me for my two giant balls....

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3165/2414207204_39358aae4a_o.jpg[/IMG]

I would have editted this into my previous post but i kept getting some weird error. Also... i don't know what that picture has to do with giant balls... i just thought it was funny as hell.