OtakuBoards

Surprise birthday party

Akieen Cloud

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Alright, my husbands birthday is the 29th of this month and I'm planning a surprise party for him on the 27th, the Saturday before hand. I'm working with his friends and mine to make is special for the fact that he loves Halloween, so we're doing a Halloween theme to his party, we have alot of stuff put together already but I'd love some feed back on ideas for decorations and what not for the party to make it that much better. Any ideas are welcome that are not to over the top due to limited funds but I would love some out side ideas so if you have any and wouldn't mind contributing them I would greatly appreciate it and I know Knuckle's would too.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]Quick question: is [COLOR="DarkRed"]Knuckles[/COLOR] banned from OB until the 27th? Because if he isn't......

That aside, what all does he like about Halloween? What kind of a party setting are you going for: large, or close? You know, give us some of the little things that might jog someone's mind. :D[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Quick question: is [COLOR="DarkRed"]Knuckles[/COLOR] banned from OB until the 27th? Because if he isn't......[/FONT][/QUOTE]I was just wondering about that actually, it won't be much of a surprise if he sees the thread. =P

Anyway you said limited funds, so are you looking for ideas for activities that don't require much or more for decoration tips/suggestions?

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]No he won't see, he never gets on unless I remind him and I'm not about to do that.

As far as what we have, we have the cake and some of the decorations, we're thinking of getting black curtains and stringing them with fake cobwebs, or putting a pumpkin with happy birthday carved into it on the porch or something like that, we know we're getting orange and black streamers for the house but that's about all we got so far, I know I want to make some sort of punch and find some way of making it kinda gross like getting the water bottle ice cubes and freezing gummy worms in them or getting gummy eyes or something like that but I can't get anything from there...that's what i need help with. Decoration ideas and ideas for the punch.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Knuckles' Girl'][COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]No he won't see, he never gets on unless I remind him and I'm not about to do that.

As far as what we have, we have the cake and some of the decorations, we're thinking of getting black curtains and stringing them with fake cobwebs, or putting a pumpkin with happy birthday carved into it on the porch or something like that, we know we're getting orange and black streamers for the house but that's about all we got so far, I know I want to make some sort of punch and find some way of making it kinda gross like getting the water bottle ice cubes and freezing gummy worms in them or getting gummy eyes or something like that but I can't get anything from there...that's what i need help with. Decoration ideas and ideas for the punch.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Halloween setup was a good start, but I would suggest some cosplay..........

but thats just me

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]What like a costume party? That's not a bad idea save for I'm not sure that everyone can, them being military I don't know if they are allowed but I can ask around and find out. But than again the other thing is where would we get the costumes? It's still slightly to early for that isn't it? [/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]I would say you're going for some sort of creepy ambiance. So perhaps get a smoke machine or some dry ice? I think that would just be awesome. If i opened my door and smoke piled out i'd probably freak out then think it's really cool. Also make sure the music you select sets the mood. Whatever mood that might be, wink.

And it's always a good idea to throw humor into the design. [/FONT]

[quote name='The13thMan'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]If i opened my door and smoke piled out i'd probably freak out then think it's really cool.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Shouldn't your reaction be "WTF my house is on fire!!! Call 911! AAAAAAUUUUGH!!!", instead? And then the party would be ruined when the firefighters come and soak everything and everyone...BAD IDEA.

[quote name='chibi-master']Shouldn't your reaction be "WTF my house is on fire!!! Call 911! AAAAAAUUUUGH!!!", instead?[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Effect smoke and fire smoke are distinctly different. Smoke caused by fire tends to be very acrid-smelling, and rides on the heat of the air, close to the ceiling. Effect smoke is generated from dry ice sublimating (changing straight from ice to vapor) in the presence of water, typically hugs the ground like fog, and has a borderline dank smell.

Also, people who have just learned their houses are on fire tend not to react like anime characters.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Also, people who have just learned their houses are on fire tend not to react like anime characters.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Should that have made me laugh as much as it did?:animeswea

Anyway, I like the costume party idea! I can't think of anything to suggest that hasn't already been suggested though. Sorry, I'll let you know if I think of something.

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Effect smoke and fire smoke are distinctly different. Smoke caused by fire tends to be very acrid-smelling, and rides on the heat of the air, close to the ceiling. Effect smoke is generated from dry ice sublimating (changing straight from ice to vapor) in the presence of water, typically hugs the ground like fog, and has a borderline dank smell.

Also, people who have just learned their houses are on fire tend not to react like anime characters.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Took the words out of my mouth.

Actually you knew a bit more about it than i did. Go you.

In all honesty, the idea of the smoke came from watching an episode of home improvement. They had a halloween party that looked pretty kick-a. Of course... you may be going for something a bit more mature. Depends on your husband's sense of humor (or lack of). Either way, good luck. [/FONT]