OtakuBoards

3 years coming.

Drizzt Do'urden

[color=#9933ff]I'm wondering if we all flunked the first attempt at breaking our record (which BTW I'm a part of) should we try to better organize a new attempt? At least one with more current members? That would be nice because I've noticed since I've come back (from the dead so it seems) our population has dropped. Which is nice in some ways because it does give you a chance to meet more people if you have the chance and it's easier to keep tract, but I kinda miss those umteen messages in my inbox. Yeah I do.

So maybe sometime that's easier? I could never even attempt a 3PM EST meeting on here even if it is a Saturday because I'll either be out or working or out working. If we tried a night shift it might be easier. Especially since some members are in Australia and the like. Also 3PM EST or whatever wouldn't be fair to people who may live in ALaska or Hawaii because they're four and five hours behind respectfully.[/color]

I'd be all for it chibi, but I think it's probably null in void. It would've been nice if we could've left the convention center post up without being closed, just to see how we did. But people were online and not posting in it, and then it was shut down:animecry:.

I don't think we'll be able to try until either the counter gets reset, or someone with more connections gets the admins involved.

[SIZE="1"]We've been discussing the requirements and potential replacement for trying to break the largest number of users online record in [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=59606][b]this thread[/b][/url], if you haven't already read it, please do so now as I think it will answer some questions.

Drizzt as I've explained, my reasoning for closing down that thread had relatively little to do with the fact nobody was posting in it. Granted, had there been considerably more activity I may have gone to James on the matter first before closing it, but my decision probably would have remained the same.

Over the coming days I'm going to try to put together the fields for an OB Census in order to give us an accurate picture of our current member-base in terms of numbers, level of activity and timezone so that if in the future we want to try to repeat this, we'll have the proper data needed to do so. Additionally it'll be useful for other stuff as well, such as showing us the most and least active forums (obviously this being the latter).[/SIZE]