The Spectacular Professor Posted October 4, 2008 Posted October 4, 2008 [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]O.J. Simpson, former football star who rocketed to legend status in 1995 during a particularly infamous murder trial, has been found guilty of 12 counts of armed robbery. [URL="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7652206.stm"][COLOR="Blue"][U]Article here.[/U][/COLOR][/URL] Well, it's not what he should be there for, but at least he's there. However relatively briefly. EDIT: Also, this verdict was handed down exactly 13 years after the Not Guilty one from the aforementioned murder trial. Talk about bizarre.[/FONT]
Raiha Posted October 4, 2008 Posted October 4, 2008 [COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]How charming. Now it's only a matter of time before someone helps him get out. Oh wait I think I saw this episode of CSI! ......but seriously, it's about bloody time. He's no Kratos, he's got no rights at all. Forfeited them when he decided to be a bad boy.[/FONT][/COLOR]
pooperson Posted October 4, 2008 Posted October 4, 2008 [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="1"]What a silly goose. :rolleyes:[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Sangome Posted October 4, 2008 Posted October 4, 2008 [SIZE="1"]All I have to say is OHHHHHHHHHHHHH SNAP!!! I also have to go "it's about time", because, it is, really. Nice to see this guy get some judgment, even if it's for something different. Also, wtf @ the fact that it's been exactly 13 years since his not guilty verdict for his murder trial. The [i]number[/i] of years is what gets me. Unlucky number 13, anyone?[/SIZE]
Skye Posted October 4, 2008 Posted October 4, 2008 And if Ace had named his thread something not misleading I would've known there was already a thread about it.... :p
The Spectacular Professor Posted October 4, 2008 Author Posted October 4, 2008 [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Well I'm pretty sure it isn't life anyway. The charges were unrelated to that murder case 13 years ago and were basically armed robbery. I think I heard something about 5 years or so.[/FONT]
Ikillion Posted October 4, 2008 Posted October 4, 2008 [COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Its been thirteen years but it looks like someone was finally able to see through the Chewbacca defense[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
SunfallE Posted October 5, 2008 Posted October 5, 2008 [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Since it's the same topic... [I]*merges threads together* [/I] I remember when the big deal back in the 90's was such a fuss. It will be interesting to see what happens this time around. [/FONT][/COLOR]
Dragon Warrior Posted October 5, 2008 Posted October 5, 2008 [size=1]How sad it is, though, that isn't really major news. Chances are he'll be back out on the streets in no time ready to commit some other murder or wild crime. It's as if he's got diplomatic immunity like in Lethal Weapon :P O.J. is a hero to all crazy villains.[/size]
Rachmaninoff Posted October 5, 2008 Posted October 5, 2008 That's what I figure, that he'll just end up back on the streets again. It's like this guy just keeps managing to get away with stuff. Sure he's up on charges, but the real question is will they actually stick this time.
Retribution Posted October 6, 2008 Posted October 6, 2008 [font=Arial]IF THE GLOVE DOESN'T FIT, YOU MUST ACQUIT.[/font]
ChibiHorsewoman Posted October 8, 2008 Posted October 8, 2008 [color=#9933ff]About damn time. I heard the courthouse in Las Vegas was an absolute zoo.[/color]
Nathan Posted October 8, 2008 Posted October 8, 2008 [FONT="Arial"][QUOTE=Dragon Warrior][size=1]How sad it is, though, that isn't really major news. Chances are he'll be back out on the streets in no time ready to commit some other murder or wild crime. It's as if he's got diplomatic immunity like in Lethal Weapon :P O.J. is a hero to all crazy villains.[/size][/QUOTE]My thoughts exactly, other than that last sentence about being a hero, though if the villains in question really are crazy, why not? Seriously though, it really isn't breaking or major news at all.[/FONT]
Guest Crimson Spider Posted October 8, 2008 Posted October 8, 2008 In Vegas? I've never had any problem with the courts myself. Though I haven't been to any other court, or served Jury Duty for any other state. OJ has achieved the status of criminal in the minds of pretty much every American in the U.S. (not backed by statistics). It is this bitter sting that will piggyback on his legacy of the hated rich and famous.
ChibiHorsewoman Posted October 9, 2008 Posted October 9, 2008 [quote name='Crimson Spider']In Vegas? I've never had any problem with the courts myself. Though I haven't been to any other court, or served Jury Duty for any other state. [/QUOTE] [color=#9933ff]My brother and sister-in-law were in Vegas during the trial- they had to go to the Carson County courthouse where the trial was being held and I've been told it was a total zoo there. [/color]
Rachmaninoff Posted December 7, 2008 Posted December 7, 2008 Just an update on this: [URL="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28087337/"][U]O.J. Simpson faces spartan desert prison[/U][/URL] As the article states: [I]Simpson was sentenced Friday to 9 to 33 years in prison.[/I] Naturally they're going to appeal, but until then, he gets to enjoy being behind bars.
ChibiHorsewoman Posted December 8, 2008 Posted December 8, 2008 [color=#9933ff]Well I read the article. It;s nice to know that he won't be going to one of the nice prisons. 2.18$ a day! shittake mushrooms... Life's gonna suck for him![/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now