OtakuBoards

Odd Manga

Drizzt Do'urden

I've been following a series of books written by Dean Koontz that stars a character, Odd Thomas. Basically Odd, whose parents swear they meant to name him Todd, sees ghosts and the books center around him saving a mass group of people with the help of this ability.

Now I've read 4 books in the series, [I]Odd Thomas, Forever Odd, Brother Odd, Odd Hours[/I] I was checking out Amazon to see if the next addition to the series had come out yet, I couldn't remember the date set to release. I found a new book , or so I thought, called [I]In Odd we Trust[/I].

I began reading the info on Amazon about it, and didn't realize it was a manga, sorry I'm sure I'll be blasted for not knowing who Queenie Chan is at the time.

My question is, has anyone read this Manga, and secondally is Queenie Chan's work worth checking out?

• 3 months later...
Quoted from her Website
[I]What is In Odd We Trust?
It?s a 180-page single-volume graphic novel, drawn by me and co-written with Dean Koontz. It is NOT an adaptation, but a prequel to Dean?s most-popular series, Odd Thomas. Six prose novels have been planned, with the fourth one, Odd Hours, having just gone on sale.

The story is about a humble psychic fry-cook by the name of Odd Thomas. He can see dead people, and takes a proactive approach by helping them into the afterlife, be it by catching their killers or just keeping them company. In Odd We Trust takes place when Odd is 19, and involves Odd trying to catch the killer of a little boy ghost. Being a single-volume manga, it?s much shorter than an average Odd Thomas novel, but is meant to be a good introduction to the world and the characters.[/I]

I find Queenie's work to be the very definition of great, Especially her adaptations of A Chinese Ghost Story. She is a great artist with a lot of works in production and I do suggest checking her out at least once.

Samples and more info can be found at [URL="http://www.queeniechan.com"]Queenie Chan's Website[/URL]