Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I've seen the movie, but I missed the first like 20 mins, and I still can't figure out why it is called princess mononoke. Any insight would be helpful, thanks :devil:


*edit* sorry, I thought I was in the anime general forum
Posted
Yes, i hav a mod who will move it for u...

The first 20 mins.? Hmm, well, this demon comes who is this deformed pig. He has all these tentecles on him. He is a demon who was possesed somehow. The main character comes in and tries to stop it before it gets to his village. He uses his arrows which hav barely any affect. He rides up on his horse and tries to stop it. Some of the tenticlas touch his arm. The pig slows down, and falls after something happens (don't remember what). He goes to this old lady who is, lik, a fortune teller. His tribe is very obsessed with fate. She tells him that the rocks say that he must go find out how the pig was possessed and c if he can relieve himself of his burn which he got from the pig. This burn will eventually cover his body, making him just lik the pig. It will kill him. He cuts off the top of his hair and leaves, the old lady says that he shall nevr come back. That he is dead to them now. He goes off and we c some people going up a hill carrying stuff. Wolves attack them but they shoot them off. In the wolf tribe who also tries to destroy the travelers is a human. She thinks she is a wolf. Her name: Princess Mononoke. Hope this helps.
Guest Jabroni3:16
Posted
It's called Princess Mononoke because of that chick, who's all Wolf-like. The Boar was turned into a Demon because of and Iron ball that was lodged into it by a gun that was fired at Iron Town. I have the DVD it's an awesome Anime, must've watched it five times since i got it, Two times before.
Posted
this is a great anime and you should definitely watch it again. i always want to cry at the end of the movie. i haven't had the chance yet to watch it in *** subbed though; but i do think it is one of the best dubbs i have ever seen (heard).

good luck
Posted
I've kinda often wondered why they name it after San, too. On the back of the box (or the front...) it talks about the fate of the world or something being in the hands of only one warrior (then the title comes) Princess Mononoke. Um, who are they talking about? Because I seem to remember Ashitaka being the hero-warrior, not San quite as much.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Chibi-Trunks [/i]
[B]Thanks for the help, didn't know San was Princess Mononoke.

and Amiboshi, is that you ssjL? [/B][/QUOTE]

Lol. Weird. I never knew anyone remembered me as ssjL. :laugh: I liked the Princess Mononoke movie a lot. It was really good. They dubbed it good, too.

Later.....Batmasta! I didn't know that was you! Hiiiii!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Adam [/i]
[B]I honestly didn't think it was that great a movie:).

-Adam [/B][/QUOTE]
I am with you ALL the way adam. I think that Princess Mononoke was "ok" but the only part i found good was when they shot him through his stomach but he kept walking. Besides that...yea...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cibo [/i]
[B]I actully thought it was pretty cool. Not the BEST anime movie I've seen, but good nevertheless. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is what I thought about it.
Posted
Every time I tun on the TV, its almost over. So I've seen the ending three times :p. I thought it was good, but in my town they said the DVD wasn't out yet. Weird people. For those of you who are Jade Cacoon on PSX, Princess Mononoke has the same artist.
If anything, the drawings were entertaining.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Adam [/i]
[B]I honestly didn't think it was that great a movie:).

-Adam [/B][/QUOTE]

true, the movie was way overrated, but that seems to happen with a lot of anime....
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cibo [/i]
[B]Well I think another reason why it was so overrated is because it was a U.S. "anime" also. [/B][/QUOTE]

What do you mean saying "'anime'" Why is it in quotes? It was really made in japan first. It's not like it's fake or anything......
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cibo [/i]
[B]As far as I knew, it was made in America first...I could be wrong. [/B][/QUOTE]

No way! It's a Miyazaki film. They dubbed it. It was called Mononoke Hime. On their site they talk about dubbing it, and changing it from japanese. It's a real anime.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...