OtakuBoards

Street Fighter IV

Magus

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]I've known about this for sometime, but at this point there's nothing really confirmed. Ono, who is the project lead on the title, said there was a sequel in the works that was going to re-tune some of the balancing issues that players are bringing up (Sagat, for one).

Although I'm not quite sure about putting Ibuki in the game. She was very chain combo driven in the SFIII series and in SFIV there is no chain combos (excluding Fei Long's Rekkaken move and Abel's Change of Direction move). Also with Makoto too. There is stun in the game, but both her and Ibuki are heavily drawn towards stun combos. Hopefully they won't be too broken.

Still lovin this game, btw.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• 1 month later...
[size=1][color=navy]I did right in holding out on getting this since SSF4 has been confirmed, and [b]GUY[/b] is in the game. (We already know this, I'm just a little late to the party)

[url=http://kotaku.com/5411575/super-street-fighter-iv-getting-three-more-fighters][u]Link[/u][/url]
[/size][/color]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]I think that Capcom is going overboard now and is just putting in characters for the hell of it. I could understand Dee Jay and T.Hawk. That's old school Street Fighter and that's what I assumed SFIV to be, a homage to old school players with some new stuff to get the new crowd going. But now it's like the community is like "HAY LET'S PUT ALL THESE CHARACTERS IN SFIV! IT'LL BE LIKE ONE GIANT SF MASHUP". Think about it. With these new editions (with the exception of Juri, since she's new), we'll have characters from EVERY SF series in one game. Alpha, Vanilla Street Fighter (That's SF II in lamen's terms), and Street Fighter 3 (assuming that Ibuki, Makoto and Dudley are gonna make it). Frankly I'm very skeptical about it. I understand adding new characters, but lord almighty let's show some discrection when doing so.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]With these new editions (with the exception of Juri, since she's new), we'll have characters from EVERY SF series in one game. Alpha, Vanilla Street Fighter (That's SF II in lamen's terms), and Street Fighter 3 (assuming that Ibuki, Makoto and Dudley are gonna make it). Frankly I'm very skeptical about it. I understand adding new characters, but lord almighty let's show some discrection when doing so.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=navy]I don't really see where the harm is in that, but then again I don't mind mashups (Depends on whose being mashed up). If Capcom were adding all the [i]-ism's[/i] to it then I can probably see where you're coming from, but yeah, I really see no harm in adding some fan favorites from the other games to an expansion.

Edit:

Oh yeah, incase somebody haven't seen the clip:

[url=http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/supersf4/video/6241525?hd=1&tag=topslot;thumb;5][u]Link[/u][/url][/color][/size]

• 2 months later...
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]New Super SFIV news! Dudley, Ibuki, Makoto are now confirmed as characters in this game. Each character will have a choice between two ultras and a super, just like every other character. I'm most excited to play Ibuki, even though I liked Makoto in SFIII: 3rd Strike. Ibuki looks like she fits into the system perfectly (I was rather skeptical). Her Kurenai Ultra looks just so awesome. Dudley looks like he fits well too, so far. I can forsee many Dudley vs Balrog matches, lol.

Here's some vids for ya'll[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[CENTER][YOUTUBE="New Trailer"]EoOqT4oynzo&feature=channel[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Makoto vs Ibuki"]BjQ-j654Py8&feature=sub[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="Dudley vs Sagat"]eQXlijYOZ3o&feature=channel[/YOUTUBE][/CENTER]

[size=1][color=darkred]I welcome all characters to the SF games, but personally, and I don't wanna be a spoil sport or anything, but I don't get any kick out of the SF3 characters. I think that's why I never really cared for SF3. Outside of Ryu, Ken, Akuma and Chun li, I found no one else to be really memorable. Of course there's no development or anything in fighters, but the roster just lacked "something" (I can't think of) that the 4 I mentioned had. But whatever, I still get to see Guy vs Fei Long. And Ibuki vs Guy might be an interesting match.[/size][/color]

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='Magus'][size=1][color=darkred]I don't get any kick out of the SF3 characters. I think that's why I never really cared for SF3. Outside of Ryu, Ken, Akuma and Chun li, I found no one else to be really memorable.[/size][/color][/QUOTE][color=#339933]I was personally hoping to see Yun or Yang... this Hakan character is at best gross, and at worst an example of the most major design flaws that come out of Japan. :(

-r2[/color]

[quote name='r2vq'][color=#339933]I was personally hoping to see Yun or Yang... this Hakan character is at best gross, and at worst an example of the most major design flaws that come out of Japan. :(

-r2[/color][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=green]There's a name I haven't seen in a long time...

Those are the main 2 that I thought would be great in SF3, but I guess I was disappointed in there supers or something (I'm pretty shady lol) so I didn't put in the time to get to know there moves so I pretty much suck with them lol. I do agree though, Hakkan is definately the worst design I've seen in a SF game.[/size][/color]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]To be perfectally honest, I don't think either Yun or Yang fit into the SFIV system at all. They are cool characters as far as design goes, but I think the more cartoony/fast paced style of SFIII suits them better. A Yun that can't Genei-Jin is just....no.

Hakan isn't that bad and not the worst design I've seen come out of Japan. Birdie in the Alpha series anyone? Anyone?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

To be honest I never learned Yun or Yang at all. I just wanted them in cause I choose game characters based on visual appeal :3 and since they have history with Chun Li before III (which is when IV takes place) there could be some story elements that could be taken advantage of (though come to think of it, the story really makes no sense of difference... and my memory is vague but did Yun or Yang cameo in Chun Li's cut scenes?)

Either way, now that I'm reading Street Fighter Legends: Ibuki, I feel dissappointed there's no Elena. Especially since there's an Africa Level. I guess they just can't please me. lol

-r2

[quote name='r2vq']To be honest I never learned Yun or Yang at all. I just wanted them in cause I choose game characters based on visual appeal :3 and since they have history with Chun Li before III (which is when IV takes place) there could be some story elements that could be taken advantage of (though come to think of it, the story really makes no sense of difference... and my memory is vague but did Yun or Yang cameo in Chun Li's cut scenes?)

Either way, now that I'm reading Street Fighter Legends: Ibuki, I feel dissappointed there's no Elena. Especially since there's an Africa Level. I guess they just can't please me. lol

-r2[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]Yeah I was just thinking about how Elena would be a cool addition to the SFIV cast.

(and yes, Yun and Yang were in Chun-Li's opening cutscene in SFIV)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• 4 weeks later...
SF4 is not better than the old ones but it still good. I dont like SF4 that much after I play SF2 HD but I can't deny I had some fun times in SF4. The last fighters I played were street fighter 2 and Marvel Vs. Capcom 2. Now I'm picking them back up with SFIV and MvsC2 and soon SSFIV. So it will be good to see the other character I've missed from not playing the other games.
SF4 is not better than the old ones but it still good and ssf4 is looking better than sf4. I hate SF4 after i play SF2 HD but i can't deny i had some fun times in SF4.

• 10 months later...
[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]I'm up here watching some of these challenge mode videos on 1up, and I have to say that most of these attacks/combos on a lot of these characters look devastating. But the ones I have my eyes on at the moment is Guy, Cody, Ryu, and Juri. Dee Jay looks promising, but I seemed to recall a lot of his moves being charging types, and I was never good with those folks because I could never combine there combos with their supers. (I've always struggled playing with Guile and Charlie)

Anyway, again I've stated this before but when I get my hands on a PS3, I'll be able to have my first experience with this series again.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Magus' timestamp='1272492212' post='693188']
[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]Anyway, again I've stated this before but when I get my hands on a PS3, I'll be able to have my first experience with this series again.[/color][/font]
[/quote]
Slight change of plan. Since I have a 360 I went ahead and ordered it from Amazon. I heard that there're quite a few people that plays it on the 360. Not that it matters since, right now I have no intention in going online with it. (I need to get a router for that to happen anyway)

I probably won't touch Cody, but I definately tend to learn Guy. I've seen some really good Guy vids and I want to give my brother-in-law a run for his money next time he come through. I didn't do bad against him considering it was my first time playing (I did better than I expected). Won 3 of the 15+ matches (wasn't expecting to win those). This time I'll be a little more prepared since now I'm aware of the Focus attacks and cancels. I knew you could do it, but I didn't know how to pull it off (he don't do well at explaining things)

Anyway, I've also been watching Ryu vids (mainly Daigo) as well as Fei Long (Mago) and now Juri. I'm looking for a good Ibuki video as well.

I gotta remember I can do a soft delete. Sorry about that.

Finally got my copy of the game. I did have it earlier but the copy I had was in terrible condition. And what pissed me off about it was that on Amazon, it was labeled/tagged as "Like New". When I got the game the case was beat up, and the disc barely worked and I'm like come on.

I gotta joystick coming in the mail as well, and might get clobbered since I'm so terrible when it comes to those things. However, to get through these trials (Ryu's 7th challenge is hard in itself) with the 360 controller.