OtakuBoards

[The New] Doctor Who

Vicky

[quote name='SeDoc' timestamp='1317521967' post='709707']
[color="#800080"]Fear not! There's still the Christmas special with Bill Bailey! Oh, and a little bit of anime goes along way [/color][img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/wow.gif[/img]
[color="#800080"]And let's not forget Moffat's "Sherlock" too... ^^[/color]
[color="#800080"]
[/color]
[color="#800080"]I did not see that as the ending at all. I was being distracted (quite ingeniously) by the story-telling [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/sweatdrop.gif[/img] Hooray for creative misdirection!
[/color]
[/quote]
[color="#006400"]I haven't watched any anime in ages, lol.

[spoiler]As soon as they reintroduced the Teselecta in the episode, I knew he was going to use it to fake his own death. He could have always come up with a different plan, I guess, but the longer the episode went on, the more I was convinced I was right, lol. There's just no way they could get around [i]actually[/i] killing the Doctor without a lot of retcon.[/spoiler]

I still have a lot of intrigue about the significance of the Doctor's name. That very last scene did a lot to really lay out "things to come." I'm excited, haha

I'll have to keep a lookout for the Christmas special.[/color]

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=#0099ff]BAAAAAAH THREAD REVIVAAAAL

The big news of the day is that the trailer for season 7 has been released. If you haven't checked it out yet, then [/color][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J5iwoRA2Cas"][color=#0099ff]here's a link to the video on YouTube[/color][/url][color=#0099ff] (which won't be taken off since it was put up by BBC America).

The coming season is set to air in the fall, then take a break again. We've got the Ponds departing, the new companion at Christmas, and then the big 5-0 for the show in 2013. Anyone else mildly excited?[/color]

[color=#9900cc][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]The new companion voiced a character in Xenoblade. That alone makes me more excited [/font][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]for the season. [And really makes me want Xenoblade even more now][/font][/color]

[color=#0099ff]I heard somewhere that one episode takes [i]place[/i] in New York, but I don't know if that means they filmed there. Probably not. And all the western stuff was shot in Spain, so I don't think so.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[color=#0099ff]So apparently they ARE filming that in New York, as they are there right now. Tumblr's full of pictures of them at Central Park. Makes me insanely jealous and wondering why I live where I live.[/color]