OtakuBoards

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Ellerby

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"][quote][B]Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning[/B] (officially abbreviated as [B]WAR[/B]) is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game based on Games Workshop's Warhammer Fantasy setting. It was developed by Mythic Entertainment and simultaneously released in North and South Americas, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand on September 18, 2008. The game revolves around the continual worldwide conflict that the Warhammer Fantasy setting is known for, and the game is geared toward ongoing, constant war laced with dark humor.[/quote]
[center][IMG]http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/2932/warhammeronlineageofrecsc2.png[/IMG][/center]

WAR was built up to be the next "WoW-killer" which is kind of a shame because that caused a lot of people to have ridiculous expectations about the game when it was really just thriving to be a good, polished MMO.

And that's what it is. Warhammer is really a fresh of breath air for me. I've played WoW lots and about several other MMOs in the past but there really hasn't been much in the market for a while now. Until now...

Everything in the game will feel very familiar, yet different. There's lots of innovation (especially with "Public Quests" and the Tome of Knowledge) that makes it clear the game was built from the ground up.

I know there are quite a few MMORPG lovers out there and I'm really inviting you to join WAR with my friend and I. I know Matt will be getting it eventually as well. Unfortunately there is no demo or free trial (you do get the first month free) you can play but I assure you this game is worth every penny. If you don't believe me, check out the statistics.[/font]

[INDENT][SIZE="1"][B]Publication Score[/B]
1UP.com [I] A-[/I]
Eurogamer 8/10
GameSpot 8.5/10
GameSpy [I]5/5[/I]
PC Gamer UK 8.8/10
PC Gamer US [I]9/10[/I]

[B]Aggregate scores[/B]
Aggregator Score
Game Rankings [I]87%[/I](based on 18 reviews)
Metacritic 88%[/SIZE][/INDENT]

[font=tahoma][center][img]http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7144/whosa1.png[/img][/center]

[QUOTE]GameSpy gave it 5 out of 5 stars and claimed, "[it] has hit the ground running with one of the best MMO experiences we've had in a long time."[/QUOTE]

If the moderators don't mind, I would like to make the server I am on ([b]Chaos Wastes[/b]) the [B][U]official OtakuBoards Warhammer Online: AoR server[/U][/B]. It's the only Open RvR (PvP) RP server in North America. A blend of both PvP and RP is exactly what OBers would enjoy, I think.

So look into it and if you have any questions feel free to ask here. And if you're curious I am a Greenskin (Goblin) Squig Herder. :smirk:

[QUOTE][b]IMPORTANT LINKS[/b][i]!![/i]
[url=http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/HammerWiki][COLOR="DimGray"]HammerWiki[/COLOR][/url]
Opening Cinematic ([url=http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38372.html][COLOR="DimGray"]High Definition[/COLOR][/url] / [url=http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38373.html][COLOR="DimGray"]Standard[/COLOR][/url])
[url]www.warhammeronline.com[/url][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][YOUTUBE="IGN Video Review"]DrF1JjxOflE[/YOUTUBE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Well, damnit, White! You were supposed to wait until [I]after[/I] I upgraded my PC to play WAR.

Once my 2x1GB RAM and [URL="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102073"][U]Radeon X1650 PRO AGP Video Card[/U][/URL] comes in, it's all Chaos for me!

So, I have just one question...

How is the RP on Chaos Wastes?

[SIZE="1"]...Why didn't I make a thread on this when I posted about it in the "What're You Playing?" thread. Oh yeah, I figured I'd probably be the only person on OB playing it. ^_^

Anyway I've been playing WAR since it started back in September on the European servers with former member/moderator Jokopoko. I've currently three characters at the moment, a level 27 Warrior Priest, a level 11 Witch Hunter and a level 10 Disciple of Khaine which I've been playing on a more active Core Server to try to complete Heavy Metal because my main RP Server just isn't active enough. GOA the morons decided to do our server transfers after HM began as opposed to the American ones which were done before.

And Matt to answer your question generally speaking RvR servers don't have a great RP quality to do. Lrb if I ever got the chance I would slay you for the Greenskin scum that you are. :p[/SIZE]

[quote name='Matt']I guess I'll just have to ask Warhammer Alliance where to go. Thanks for the tip, Gavin.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]No problem, maybe there's some RP on the RvR servers but I don't imagine it given how little there is on the Core ones by comparison. Generally speaking I think you get a better class of player on the specific RP servers, or at least less annoying by comparison.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]I'm afraid I can't check out Ostermark for you Matt, European players are limited to European servers and I don't believe we've been offered the ability to move between continental servers like in Guild Wars. Sorry about that. Maybe Lrb can help though seeing as he's on them already.[/SIZE]

[size=1][font=tahoma][color="#660033"]I really do want to give this game a try, but unfortunately I will have to wait a ways until i can get my beloved computer up and running and then I'm off to Warhammer. I got burned out on WOW and can't wait to dry a Dark Elf Witch. Sounds very exciting.

As you know, Pumpkin will be back up and running in the MMO world ;) I knew White or Desbreko would post something about this. It would be awesome to play along some OB members again like back in GW days. So come look me up! Will keep you posted. [/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Pumpkin'][size=1][font=tahoma][color="#660033"]I really do want to give this game a try, but unfortunately I will have to wait a ways until i can get my beloved computer up and running and then I'm off to Warhammer. I got burned out on WOW and can't wait to dry a Dark Elf Witch. Sounds very exciting.

As you know, Pumpkin will be back up and running in the MMO world ;) I knew White or Desbreko would post something about this. It would be awesome to play along some OB members again like back in GW days. So come look me up! Will keep you posted. [/size][/font][/color][/QUOTE]

Come to Ostermark! It's a great server, as much as I can see. And I have made a few RP friends as well. :)

Lrb, you'd best get your arse over here pronto.

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"][quote name='Matt']Come to Ostermark! It's a great server, as much as I can see. And I have made a few RP friends as well. :)

Lrb, you'd best get your arse over here pronto.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, see I would but my friends kind of suckered me into rejoining WoW (x3 experience!). :animeswea I know I'll go back to WAR eventually but it won't be anytime really soon.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Lrb'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]
Yeah, see I would but my friends kind of suckered me into rejoining WoW (x3 experience!). :animeswea I know I'll go back to WAR eventually but it won't be anytime really soon.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[I]WHAT?[/I] You just got WAR, and already you are playing WoW?

Good God, no wonder the only good Canadian company out there is Bioware! And when compared to Obsidian and CDProjekt...

• 1 year later...
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]*Casts Breath of Sigmar*

Anyone still playing this by any chance ? GOA have finally given up their ghost and now we European customers have access to the Mythic American servers, after two years of playing Order I'm in the mood for change.[/size][/font]