OtakuBoards

This cake...isn't a lie, unfortunately.

Sangome

[quote name='chibi-master']So, wait, why were the kids taken away? Is it because of the names? Because that doesn't really sound like a very reasonable basis for taking children...[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I'm sure there's some other reason in there somewhere.

But seriously. [B][I][U]Aryan Nation.[/U][/I][/B][/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]This may be in bad taste, but...

HAHAHA OH WOW

Seriously. I'm sure there were other reasons the kids were taken away...but like Ace said: [B]Aryan Nation[/B].

Like Mom [haha that's funny/weird to type], I can't really feel sorry for them, given the names they tacked onto their kids. =/ Now I just hope they get re-named. Because...seriously.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Arial"][quote name='chibi-master']*still not satisfied* C'mon, they couldn't just change the kids' names?! There HAVE to be better reasons, and I want to know what they are!:animestun If not, then this sounds sort of illegal to me...[/quote]I imagine they have other reasons and due to the high profile nature of this, stemming mainly from the incident with the cake, we're not likely to find out until after it's been reviewed.

I know the source is Fox so overlook that since this part of an article is something I agree with: [quote][FONT="Arial"]Forensic psychologist N.G. Berrill said naming a boy Hitler could be considered child abuse.

"Part of it is the infantile nature of the parents? behavior," Berrill said. "You can name your dog something weird, but they think they?re making some kind of bold statement with the children, not appreciating that the children will have separate lives and will be looked at in a negative light until they?re able to change their name. It is abuse."

Last year, a New Zealand court removed a 9-year-old girl from her parents in order to change her birth name: Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii. In that country, officials do not deem a name abusive unless it causes serious bullying.[/FONT][/quote] The rest is [URL="http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479904,00.html"][U]here[/U][/URL] if you want to read it.

I cannot see any reason for giving a kid a name like that either. The moment someone does, I have doubts about their ability to raise a kid. Since that kind of thing indicates they are ignoring the likelihood that such names would potentially be a source of grief for the kid in question.

I don't know what the reason is, but I sincerely hope those names are dealt with. [/FONT]

[SIZE="1"][QUOTE]Last year, a New Zealand court removed a 9-year-old girl from her parents in order to change her birth name: Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii. In that country, officials do not deem a name abusive unless it causes serious bullying.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Last year, a New Zealand court removed a 9-year-old girl from her parents in order to change her birth name: Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]her birth name: Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][B]Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii[/B][/QUOTE]

Oh sweet mother what is WRONG with today's society?!

I'm now convinced people like that breed only so they can say they named their kid something retarded. I hope those kids stick their parents in nursing homes and never go visit them. Harsh? Maybe, but frick, they deserve it.
[/SIZE]

[quote name='Sangome'][SIZE="1"]Oh sweet mother what is WRONG with today's society?! [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Would you like a list? 'Cause that could go on for a while...

Why on Earth do parents give their children such ridiculous names?! Are they BORED?! Did they just want to see the look on peoples' faces when the kid was introduced?! Ugh...the world is infested with morons...

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='chibi-master']Would you like a list? 'Cause that could go on for a while...

Why on Earth do parents give their children such ridiculous names?! Are they BORED?! Did they just want to see the look on peoples' faces when the kid was introduced?! Ugh...the world is infested with morons...[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]Too lazy to do the pretty font.

Celebrities have been giving their kids goofy names for years (Rumor WIllis, Apple, Coco, Tru Denym) For the love of all things sacred Tom Cruise named his daughter after a town in England and spelled it wierd. It's just caught on to the general public.

Case in point, my ex wanted to name our daughter Lorna... and I said oh hell no. Now he has a kid named Liam, and his mom is pronouncing it Lie Am... . Plus I know of a woman who named her daughter Arab. Yes I am quite serious. ARAB.

Seriously though, you can't just remove a child for a bad name. But for school records you should just stick with the not as horrid names.[/color]