OtakuBoards

Hollywood Undead - Can it even be considered music?

Doc Holliday

So for the past year or so, I've just assumed this band sucked. They're one of those bands where the name just makes you not want to listen to them. After constant bugging from friends (albeit with absolute horrible tastes in music), I decided I'd finally give this band a listen.

I can now, truly say, that Hollywood Undead is the worst band I've ever heard.

Their music is straight scenester garbage, and their gimmick is just plain gay. It's like they took the worst aspects of trends in music over the last 15 or so years and threw them together, no joke. You have yourself a mixture of screamo, hip hop (not the good kind; the whole "get crunk" crap), electronic, and elements of the whole rap/rock mesh. These are not genres that should mixed, at all. At first I was surprised they had any fans, and then I realized that they're fan-base is made up of 16 year olds.

Plus, they wear masks. I used to think masks were cool. And then I turned 11.

I'd listen to ICP in repeat if it meant I could erase any memory of ever having listened to this band. If they really want to be "hardcore" and get "crunk," they should try doing it in Compton. Dibs on their estates!

[size=1]
I completely agree with you. I nearly went to a small music festival in Dallas that was featuring some great bands, but had Hollywood Undead and Staind playing as well. This was the deciding factor in waiting for a better event to come around.

With the same concept, but on a nearly polar opposite level, Girl Talk (or Greg Gillis) is a far superior mash-up DJ. While he still uses the horrid "Get Crunk" hip hop, he defends it (admitting that it is crap), by letting people know that his music is entirely to party to.

However, alongside all of the useless hip hop he uses, there are thousands of bits from classic rock and modern rock songs that he throws into the mix, as well as true hip hop on occasion. His songs are incredible only for the fact that on some occasions he will use samples from over forty songs on one track.

What he creates is infinitely better that Hollywood Undead.
[/size]

hmmm....i've got to listen to them acouple of times unfortunately. T_T One of my friends downloaded their whole Discography and listened to the whole Cd while he was here. And i had 2 of their songs stuck in my head for 4 days straight. I dont mind listening to the music everyone is free to listen to what they want..but its not my style.

*Laughs*

I had the same feeling toward this band also. I heard them on the radio with one of their singles and nearly drove my fist into my radio deck. I had no idea they wore masks though... seriously? Masks? Ugh...

They actually came out to Vegas a few weeks back for some radio concert event. Glad I didn't go.

Aww, how can you hate on Hollywood Undead? They be bangin! Their music comes from within, it's not shallow, it's not "crap" it's deep, meaningful, and crunk!

Of course I'm kidding. I survived one verse and one chorous of one song and dared not test my luck any further. I found this one verse about the lead singer getting recognised by chicks rather humorous, because that could be anyone under that mask.

Where oh where is music going? Bring back the 80's. ;)

[quote name='Suikojin'] I had no idea they wore masks though... seriously? Masks? Ugh...
[/QUOTE]

Well, look at Slipknot. They wear masks and they're hugely famous (not necessarily that talented, but famous). They even claim that they're going to be larger than Metallica. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Sabre']Where oh where is music going? Bring back the 80's.[/quote]

Amen. More specifically, bring back Guns 'n Roses.

They already [i]brought[/i] back the 80's. They called them the Darkness. They got addicted to cocaine and broke up.

[QUOTE]Amen. More specifically, bring back Guns 'n Roses.[/QUOTE]

They brought them back, too.

The Hollywood Undead? Yeah, they aren't very good, but whatever. If they make the scenesters happy than I'm just as happy to let them. Music is music, and just 'cause you can't hear what someone else does doesn't mean it's ****.

[quote name='David Grohl']
They brought them back, too.
[/QUOTE]

No, Guns 'n Roses will never exist again. The current incarnation is Axl Rose's Industrial Experiment and it is absolute crap.

The eighties are coming back strongly though, with bands like Hinder and Buckcherry. The content in their songs isn't very thoughtful or meaningful, but it's sure balls-to-the-wall rock 'n roll, and I dig it.

I don't agree that music is music though. Most of Hollywood Undead's music is samples from other songs and loose variations of popular trends intermingled in a way that can't be pleasing to many people's ears.

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR="HotPink"][SIZE="1"]You know what I hate? People that agree on hating music for the sake of agreeing. This is stupid, actually. I don't like Hollywood Undead myself, but it doesn't make me respect you by you stating your opinion of them being "the worst band ever". I believe the worst band ever wouldn't have one fan, now would they? Obviously, they're doing something alright for all these "16 year olds" to like them. Their music is what some would see as just fun music. Music is music, and no music deserves to be put down this bad, despite the opinion of several people on a forum- Maybe you'd understand if any of you were in bands yourself, you may be, for all I know. I don't really care.

Buttt. This thread doesn't make you look cool. It just makes me mad. :]

And no. I don't much care for HU either.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][COLOR="HotPink"][SIZE="1"]You know what I hate? People that agree on hating music for the sake of agreeing. This is stupid, actually. I don't like Hollywood Undead myself, but it doesn't make me respect you by you stating your opinion of them being "the worst band ever". I believe the worst band ever wouldn't have one fan, now would they? Obviously, they're doing something alright for all these "16 year olds" to like them. Their music is what some would see as just fun music. Music is music, and no music deserves to be put down this bad, despite the opinion of several people on a forum- Maybe you'd understand if any of you were in bands yourself, you may be, for all I know. I don't really care.

Buttt. This thread doesn't make you look cool. It just makes me mad. :]

And no. I don't much care for HU either.
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Jesus Christ, lighten the hell up and get off your damn high horse. Sorry to be blunt and confrontational, but if you seriously can't see the sarcastic humor present throughout this thread, then what was the point of even posting here? So you could yell at me because I don't think that every piece of crap someone composes and calls a song should be respected, just because it's a song?

Yes, some music does deserve to be put down this badly. Music that sucks deserves to be put down this badly. If everyone lived life by that "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all" proverb, than the world would be populated by terrible music that was only created because no one had the heart to tell the artist that they just weren't that good.

In short, I don't think you fully got the underlying sarcasm behind this thread. We all know Hollywood Undead sucks; the embellished truth (like the worst band in the world part, as you so aptly paraphrased) is just sarcasm. Enjoy having no sense of humor.

[quote name='Doc Holliday']Jesus Christ, lighten the hell up and get off your damn high horse. Sorry to be blunt and confrontational, but if you seriously can't see the sarcastic humor present throughout this thread, then what was the point of even posting here? So you could yell at me because I don't think that every piece of crap someone composes and calls a song should be respected, just because it's a song?

Yes, some music does deserve to be put down this badly. Music that sucks deserves to be put down this badly. If everyone lived life by that "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all" proverb, than the world would be populated by terrible music that was only created because no one had the heart to tell the artist that they just weren't that good.

In short, I don't think you fully got the underlying sarcasm behind this thread. We all know Hollywood Undead sucks; the embellished truth (like the worst band in the world part, as you so aptly paraphrased) is just sarcasm. Enjoy having no sense of humor.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Since they suck, do better, Doc Holliday. I'm not the one on the high horse, going around, and spreading their ignorant "I don't like this band. They are the worst ever." attitude all over. That's a bunch of Myspace forum ********. Maybe you'd do better there. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Since they suck, do better, Doc Holliday. I'm not the one on the high horse, going around, and spreading their ignorant "I don't like this band. They are the worst ever." attitude all over. That's a bunch of Myspace forum ********. Maybe you'd do better there. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Thanks for completely confirming my last post. You either have no sense of humor at all, or you're just too dumb to comprehend sarcasm.

I don't even think you read my post. You probably just skimmed over it, saw some intimidating words, and then bashed your head on the keyboard.

And yeah, you are on a high horse. Just because you think you aren't, doesn't mean you aren't. Oh, and as for the whole myspace forum thing, I think the fact that you actually compared anything to the myspace forum proves how little you've actually explored the internet. Go play some fruity pop rock and keep your drivel offline.

[FONT="Tahoma"]While I agree that Hollywood Undead is a horrible band, I still, however, know some of the words to #5. So yeah, horrible band, but the lyrics get stuck in my head. But they're not the worst. Far from it.

Just another band that will fly by... people will listen, but they'll stop when the next big thing come out.[/FONT]