OtakuBoards

Soul Eater

Magus

[CENTER][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fe/Soul_Eater_manga_volume_1.jpg[/img][/CENTER]

Lets see. I'm not great with explaining things, so I'll just borrow ANN's description.

"In a world where technicians wield the select humans who can turn into weapons, Shinigami-sama created a school to teach young technicians and their shape shifting partners what it means to be a just death god. In order to create the ultimate weapon, the students of the school must collect the souls of 99 evil humans and 1 witch."

As stated in the anime thread, I'm just now getting into this series, and I think it's pretty good. I've only read the 00 chapter, and it seems like all 3 main characters has been introduced along with their weapons.

Maka - Out of the 3 characters, she seems to be the most level-headed, but she has her moments as well.

Black Star - This guy is just an idiot. He's certainly the equivalent of a certain idiotic ninja that wears orange. Same personality and everything. Only difference between the two is that this guy can be funny, and when he gets serious, you can actually take him serious. I'd be real happy if his weapon left him for someone else.

Death the Kid - My favorite out of the 3 characters at the moment and the funniest, but something is definately wrong with him. [spoiler]Getting depressed and/or pissed because something's not symmetrical... And the fact that he left his weapons side to check to see if his picture frame was lined up perfectly....[/spoiler] Are you serious?

Soul Eater Evans - I don't know why he has shark-like teeth. He's Maka's weapon, and he turns into Scythe blade.

Tsubaki - She definately don't need to be with Black Star. She's too level-headed. In any case, she's turns into all types of ninja weapons. [spoiler]So far I've seen her turn into a Kusarigama, a big ninja star, a smoke bomb and small dagger.[/spoiler]

Thompson sisters - They're Death the Kid's weapon, and they turn into handguns.

It's certainly been interesting so far, and it has the potential to become a favorite. (both manga and anime) The artwork, while quirky, is pretty good. The only thing I really don't care about is that this seems to be loaded with fanservice. Each scenario, or introduction or whatever showed a girl being naked. It's funny how it's used here, but at the same time, if there's too much of it, it can become a turn off for me.

I'm already aware that the anime branches off of the manga, so I really don't expect to see any disappointments once FUNi releases the anime.

Anyway, anyone else been reading the manga, or read the manga already?

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]I adore Soul Eater. With a passion. Though I don't read the manga.

I personally prefer the anime, for a couple of reasons:
1. the animation and voices, of course, but I prefer the anime design of the characters
2. they slightly expand some of the events in good ways (ways that wouldn't be considered filler, at least compared to the bit of the manga I read: See the Jack the Ripper fight from the first chapter, and compare it to the anime, and that's pretty much what I'm talking about.
3. Way less Fan Service, if I recall, though most that I recall in the manga were making fun (Black Star's peeping, Maka. <3)

But yeah.

I love Soul Eater, but I follow the anime, so I have to be careful when I post here. ;)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]I adore Soul Eater. With a passion. Though I don't read the manga.

I personally prefer the anime, for a couple of reasons:
1. the animation and voices, of course, but I prefer the anime design of the characters
2. they slightly expand some of the events in good ways (ways that wouldn't be considered filler, at least compared to the bit of the manga I read: See the Jack the Ripper fight from the first chapter, and compare it to the anime, and that's pretty much what I'm talking about.
3. Way less Fan Service, if I recall, though most that I recall in the manga were making fun (Black Star's peeping, Maka. <3)

But yeah.

I love Soul Eater, but I follow the anime, so I have to be careful when I post here. ;)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]
Yeah, I've already stated that the animation is gorgeous. The only reason I'm reading it instead of watching it is because I'm waiting for the dub. I'm lazy and I hate multi-tasking :) I can only imagine most anime expand some events. I've seen it in both Bleach and Naruto. And it's a relief to hear that it's less fanservice... however, Maka? Are you sure it's not Blair?

• 2 months later...