OtakuBoards

Best FREE MMO?

SuperStorm

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Hmm I don't really know any PVP, only because I don't venture into MMO land hardly ever. I know [B]Guild Wars[/B] is free at last check. I don't know if it's PVP but it's definitely free for you to play. I'd suggest looking that up.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]Mythic's new MMO [B]Warhammer: Age of Reckoning[/B] is pretty much built around mass PvP (referred to as RvR in-game because you'll never be fighting solo) so you might want to check it out. I know a few guys other than myself play the game and so far it's been very cool. The game's not free unfortunately but if you're looking for a month of good PvP the cost of the trial is probably worth it. I never played sub-based MMOs either and don't regret moving to WAR.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]As far as [i]free[/i] MMOs go there isn't much choice out there. That's like asking for a free fighting game, you're going to have to give up some money for quality.

If you're not willing to spend a lot of money but want a solid PvP experience go with Guild Wars. Besides buying the game (which I imagine is pretty cheap now) you never have to pay a dime where as most MMOs ask you to pay a monthly fee.

If you want the [i]best[/i] MMORPG PvP experience, and I'm going to be shot for this by some, then get [b]World of Warcraft[/b]. You've heard of it, I play it, people love it, others hate it, it's a great game.

You can get the battlechest for $36.99 these days which comes with the game and the first expansion (which will last you a long time, I still haven't bought Wrath of the Lich King). The first month is free so you can test the waters before you're ready to dive in. And while the PvP experience is unmatched it's also a lot more than that~! You can download the trial [url=https://signup.worldofwarcraft.com/trial/index.html;jsessionid=2562F0E542E9C21F50C16D9583338DDA.app24_03]here[/url].

You really get your moneys worth, especially because if you play WoW you really don't have to buy/play another game again. It's saved me quite a bit of money in that sense. :animesmil[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Boo'][size=1]Don't listen to [b]Lrb[/b]. World of Warcraft is crafted by Satan himself.[/size][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]But we all know Satan makes the best games. Go play Bible Adventures if you want but I'll stick to Diablo and WoW. :smirk:[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Lrb'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]But we all know Satan makes the best games. Go play Bible Adventures if you want but I'll stick to Diablo and WoW. :smirk:[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Nice ^^

I got WoW a few days ago and im lvl 53 atm :) I play all day.

[quote name='Lrb'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]That's like asking for a free fighting game, you're going to have to give up some money for quality. [/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Ha. If you know how to work Mame or download the program GGPO, you can get fighting games for free (downloading the roms, of course) and play online with little problem.

There's always a way, young padawans.

But more on topic....WoW would probably be the most populated world of PvP MMOs but it definitely isn't free. Free trial too. So you be the judge.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Lrb'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]But we all know Satan makes the best games. Go play Bible Adventures if you want but I'll stick to Diablo and WoW. :smirk:[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I personally Love Diablo. I could get into WOW, but its expensive and time consuming.

• 9 months later...
I play WoW... im not addicted to it like i once was.(spending 15 hours a day on it). Now i just play it for a few hours every few days.

For free online games, Id have to say Dungeons and Dragons online. Its a really neat game that used to be a pay to play but they made it free. The only catch is they disable a few things unless you pay for it all...But its not really much that they take away.. an extra class,, a few areas and some items.
Other than that Id say 4Story. Its your usual MMO you level up your character and do quests and stuff.. Its more a fantasy. Not a japanese-based one like Hero and Silk Road...Cant stand those.

• 3 weeks later...