OtakuBoards

"And now for something completely different." THE MONTY PYTHON THREAD

Dragonboym2

[COLOR="Blue"]Hello out there.
Ah yes. It's the silliest tv show ever made by modern man to grace the screen.
MONTY PYTHON.
Since 1969, they have been making us laugh so hard we'd...uh...do something when we laugh too hard.
After the tv show, and four films, we are still laughing. Some people are still laughing, and had to be taken away to the loony bin.
But there is a method to this madness. It's a very smart show if you can look beyond the absurd humor. They respect the viewers intellegence, saying "We think you are smart enough to get this joke."
It's such a well done piece of work, we can really laugh at it and ourselves when watching this. They don't try to bombard the viewer with too much or try to overdue anything(Yeah, I'm talking to YOU SNL!), keeping it to a good amount of fun.
What are your favorite monty python movies? Who do you like on the cast? What are your favorite monty python bits?[/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Monty Python's Flying Circus is one of the shows I grew up on. I think one of my favorite sketches ever has to be "The Ministry of Silly Walks".

Oh, & my brother used to be obsessed with the "Spam" sketch to the point where he would sing the song all day long. Finally, as punishment, my dad made us eat spam. That was 8 years ago. We've not watched the "Spam" sketch since.

[I]The Holy Grail[/I] is one of my favorite movies I've ever seen, for the record.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Navy"]My dad was a huge Monty Python fan, to the point where he had a collection of recorded tapes of an old Fox ( I think) marathon called Twenty Years of Monty Python. Those tapes were my first experience with the series, and despite having a soft spot for the spam sketch, my favorite is probably the 'How Not to be Seen' sketch. That and the lumberjack song.

Holy Grail can never be dethroned as the absolute king of classic comedy movies. Ever. Unfortunately, I lost my special edition DVD some time ago... it makes me cry.

The Life of Brian is also quite good, though not as completely random as Holy Grail. And I never want to see Graham Chapman naked ever again.[/COLOR][/FONT]