OtakuBoards

When is the revision for MyOtaku done?

Botar

As the title states, when is the revision for MyOtaku done? I've been meaning to start a MyOtaku for quite a wile now and I can't. So if anyone knows anything about this, [Desbreko] post what you know.

[FONT=Arial]Because of the Version Vibrant release at TheOtaku.com, the myOtaku system was largely put aside. It is still supported for those people who liked using it and didn't want to make the transition, but new members and members who hadn't activated it by the time Version Vibrant came out can no longer make a myOtaku page.

The decision for this was most likely done to promote the World system, which is basically identical save that the worlds are harder to hack and rewrite (and face it, hacked myOs look freaking ugly), and the worlds are more closely integrated into the site itself.[/FONT]

So is there a set time for when it will be open, or is there no possible way to ever make a MyOtaku again? Also, If you, (Allamorph) get a hold of James, Can you have him talk to Adam (MyOtaku) about a no-adobe chat room on theotaku? Scence I use a Wii to post messages, I can't use the chat room because Opera operating systems suck, so when you get a chance.:box:

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]The revision you are looking for is called Worlds and you're already using it. The link to myOtaku merely allows people who joined before the change to continue using their older accounts there. There is no plan to re-open registration for myOtaku.

However, you can use the same user name and password for your theOtaku/Worlds account to log in and comment on existing members accounts, but that's about it. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='botar15']So there is no way possible ever any how ever not that I can make a myOtaku?[/quote]Nope, recoding the system to allow new members to post on the outdated older one of myOtaku, isn't on the list of things to be done. My understanding, from what Adam has told me, is that it would be more hassle and work than it would be worth. [/FONT][/COLOR]