OtakuBoards

Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~

Shinmaru

[quote name='Dagger']Someone post a thread when [Phantom] gets subbed![/QUOTE]

Your wish is my command! :p

First episode of [b]Phantom[/b] is out, and I like it so far. It does what any good first episode should do -- plants the seeds for the story and hooks the viewer in. I enjoyed the fight scene between Zwei and Ein that the weird Inferno guy set up to [spoiler]test Zwei's natural survival ability[/spoiler]. Very cool, tense scene, with Zwei dodging Ein's bullets, and the short knife skirmish is fun, too. Although you can tell Ein takes it about as easy as is possible for her, the fight still does a good job of showing Zwei's abilities and instinct. The standard "awesome assassins assassinate in awesome ways" scene at the beginning and end of the episode is good, too. Maid!Ein ftw.

Action and production values have left me impressed. I never saw [b]Madlax[/b] and barely remember what I saw of [b]Noir[/b] ([b]Phantom[/b]'s director, Koichi Mashimo, also directed those anime), though I do remember enough of the latter to appreciate the style of the initial episode. If the story holds out (and I think it will), then all the tools are in place for this show to be one of the best this season. Looking forward to seeing how it develops!

*Tim The Tool Man Taylor style Hughh?* What do you mean, lawyers? Sense it's always you're fault, and if you're lawyers are telling you what to do, you shouldn't listen to them! Then it wouldn't always be you're fault. So, what channel is it on?:box:

[quote name='Meggido']he means it's against forum rules to give that sort of info.

I'm waiting for a decent sub to come out for this since the comments I've seen regarding the only sub so far have been fairly negative.[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok. Tat make perfect scence!:)

Sorry for the strange comment above, it's real early.

[quote name='Meggido']I'm waiting for a decent sub to come out for this since the comments I've seen regarding the only sub so far have been fairly negative.[/QUOTE]

Smart move. The sub I watched is riddled with errors. It's pretty bad.