OtakuBoards

Astro who?

Raiha

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]So I was in the theater the other night, senses trying desperately to recover from the Nickelodian fueled assault when the preview for this movie came on:

[URL="http://www.astroboy-themovie.com/"]Holy Crap[/URL]

I had no idea it was coming. It comes out this year. I don't even know what to feel yet besides a certain...nostalgia?[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 2 months later...
I was a fan of the anime/cartoon and have a few action figures. I am really looking forward to this movie, specially since imagi is behind it. Here is a brief synopsis:

Set in futuristic Metro City, Astro Boy is about a young robot with incredible powers created by a brilliant scientist named Tenma (Nicolas Cage). Powered by positive ?blue? energy, Astro Boy (Freddie Highmore) is endowed with super strength, x-ray vision, unbelievable speed and the ability to fly. Embarking on a journey in search of acceptance, Astro Boy encounters many other colorful characters along the way. Through his adventures, he learns the joys and emotions of being human, and gains the strength to embrace his destiny. Ultimately learning his friends and family are in danger, Astro Boy marshals his awesome super powers and returns to Metro City in a valiant effort to save everything he cares about and to understand what it takes to be a hero.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Astro Boy was definetly the first of it's kind asking the question "Can robots feel emotions?" I had old school comicbooks of him along with ghostbusters, speed racer and a few others.

Anyway, Astro Boy led the way for MegaMan, Gundam Wing, Transformers, I Robot, and My life as a teenage robot (Nickelodian ripped off Astro Boy sooo bad...). Astro Boy was the first cartoon to really say "yeah kids are interested in science and robots." Definatly a landmark cartoon and the movie looks like it stuck to the roots of the show.