OtakuBoards

just notices...

Guest Matt

I was looking at my Super Smash Bros. Melee cd for my Gamecube and i notices at the bottom it said "For use only in the USA, Canada, Mexico, and Latin America" does that mean u can't use it in the UK or Austrailia???

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]ditto@nintendo forum...
first off it will work in the units that are out in the america's at the moment...
since there are no UK/Austriallian units out yet... it wont work in those! DUH...
but it will only work in the region 1 GCN's anyway... just like the PS2 and normal DVD players[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B]Plus the transmission coding is different, same thing with the boot codes...PAL in UK/AUS instead of NTSC in Japan/U.S./Canada and pretty much in the world...except Russia (SECAM) [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Actually, NTSC is probably the least-used format worldwide (aside from French SECAM).

NTSC can be found in Japan, USA and Canada, while PAL is found all throughout Europe, Africa, Australia, New Zealand and most of the rest of the world.

If you're using an NTSC device, it won't work with a PAL GameCube, although it would work with a PAL TV (meaning, an NTSC console will work with a PAL TV).[/size]