OtakuBoards

Let the Pyromaniac Be Maniacal

Wayward Warrior

[FONT="Times New Roman"]We?ve all been there. You hate your car. What does that mean? You torch it! That?s what it means. At least, you torch it if you?re sincere in your hatred. Do you have what it takes to follow the example set forth in this bit of news: [URL="http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/07/17/ap/strange/main5169901.shtml"]NY Teen Torches BMW Because He "hates It?"[/URL] Hatred [I]fueled[/I] the flame. HAHAHA. Punny... Get it? A car needs fuel. He hated his-oh, nevermind.

Poor guy. Now he has to walk everywhere. I think maybe the BMW got the last laugh. Er...honk?

Disclaimer: I in no way endorse following said example. That is all.

[CENTER]:animesigh[/CENTER] [/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"]The first thing that comes to mind when I read that is: What a spoiled brat. Torching an expensive car just because you don't like it? I would have simply traded it in on something else. Or just been glad to actually have a car. I didn't get my own car until I started going to college. [/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]As long as it still works, a car is a car in my eyes. My dad has a '77 BMW (forgot the model -_-) and my mom drives an '88 Camry that both work perfectly. They aren't exactly showy cars or anything, but they do their job. Besides, even old cars sell for a good amount of money if they're in working condition...

Frankly, the kid seems really quite selfish and spoiled. :T[/SIZE]

My sister and I destroyed a bunch of Barbies when we were smaller. And Ken dolls. Especially Ken dolls. Their heads are so easy to pop off...

As for the car, what the heck?! He could have done like Sabrina said and traded it in for a different one! The destructive little brat didn't have to torch it!:animedepr

The way I see it is even if the thing didn't run, the kid is an idiot; and a very stupid one at that. I'd just be happy to actually have my own car. As for the other stuff people are talking about, I think it would depend. At the very least, I would imagine that none of you torched it where setting an entire building on fire was a possibility, but I could be wrong. =P

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='waywardwarrior']Actually, if this makes it any better (doubtful), the BMW was a 1992 model, I believe. So it's not like it was brand new or anything, quite the contrary. But still, if it works, drive it! Right?[/quote]No, it does not make it any better so your doubt is well placed. The car may have been older, but it was still reckless behavior to torch it. The car may have had no resale value, but he still could have turned it over to a junkyard or donated it to a charity if he hated it that much. [/FONT]

[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Someone is a bit short on thinking clearly upstairs. So he hates the car, whoop de do da. There are far easier means for getting rid of it. Ones that don't include recklessly endangering other people. What a moron. [/COLOR][/FONT]

Yeah. I'm not exactly a car expert, but I feel like [I]setting it aflame[/I] is just slightly dangerous, as the gas tank is full flammable liquid.

But then, if he had gotten his face blown off, he may have learned a lesson.

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Mistress Duck']But then, if he had gotten his face blown off, he may have learned a lesson.[/quote]You know, if that had happened, he just might have learned something. Oh well, we'll have to hope he is properly dealt with by the law. Hating a car, isn't justification for torching it and endangering others. [/COLOR][/FONT]