Rachmaninoff Posted October 4, 2009 Posted October 4, 2009 [FONT="Trebuchet MS"]For some reason, reading this article just made me laugh. [URL="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33144699/ns/technology_and_science-space/"][U]?Real Buzz? welcomes Buzz Lightyear back[/U][/URL] I was also unaware that it had even happened to begin with, or if I read about it, I forgot. For some reason, the idea of holding any type of welcome back from space for a toy, just keeps making me laugh. It's amusing. It was kind of nifty that Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin was there for the event. So now I wonder what's next on the agenda for being sent to space. What do you guys think? [/FONT]
Gavin Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 [SIZE="1"]I lol'd. Pretty cool publicity stunt that doesn't come across as overly hammy. Guess this means the Trek crews are going to be fighting over whose ship gets send up first. [/SIZE]
Rachmaninoff Posted October 5, 2009 Author Posted October 5, 2009 [FONT="Trebuchet MS"][quote name='Gavin][SIZE="1"']Guess this means the Trek crews are going to be fighting over whose ship gets send up first. [/SIZE][/quote]True. If they did decide to do that, it would be interesting to see which one they finally picked. [/FONT]
Drizzt Do'urden Posted October 6, 2009 Posted October 6, 2009 I have to agree with Gavin that is was a nice little publicity stunt (I do sort've wonder how much disney paid to get NASA to take Buzz up and make a deal out of it.) I'm sort've surprised that they didn't take it farther and have a whole "time capsule" filled with Buzz merchandise jetisoned from the space shuttle. (Though that probably would've crossed the line into "hammy" eh?)
vegeta rocker Posted October 7, 2009 Posted October 7, 2009 OMG thats really adorable, I was thinking how dumb the whole thing was until the "real Buzz" said that he briefed Buzz Lightyear beforehand. It's all fun and games until we realize Lightyear brought a deadly parasitic being from space.
Aaryanna Posted October 10, 2009 Posted October 10, 2009 [FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]At first I thought this stunt was kind of dumb, but now I think it's just silly fun and harmless. [/COLOR][/FONT]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now