OtakuBoards

Anyone watch game shows?

KojiroJames2K9

• 2 years later...
I used to watch game shows, but now I don't that much...except I do love watching old episodes of [i]Takashi's Castle[/i]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure if anyone "won" any fabulous prizes of any sort, other than pain or humiliation (or both). There are few things funnier than watching people get steamrolled by paper mache boulders.

I do like checking out [i]Jeopardy[/i] once in a while. I was especially interested in when they had contestants compete against IBM's computer Watson. From a language standpoint, it was quite interesting to see how some systems could react in a natural language setting. If more game shows did things like that, then I'd probably watch them more often than I do now.

Jeopardy is the main one I watch, but I used to love Ninja Warrior. I have no idea why but a sport that allowed you to cheer for everyone just seems awesome to me. I loved all the reoccurring people. I was so proud of the two American representatives... and just watching people go through that incredible obstacle course was cool.

The only game show I watch these days (when I'm actually home to watch it) is Family Feud. The reactions or the look on Steve Harvey's face to some of the answers are priceless. Game shows these days are nowhere near as good as to what it was like back in the 90's (probably even earlier than that, although the only ones I can remember is Match Game and Password)