OtakuBoards

Modern Warfare 2 Review

Xyandar

I couldn't find a review for this game on this site so I am going to make one right now, because it is definitely needed!

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 was definitely the most anticipated games of the year! After playing it myself, I understand why! I bought this game the day it came out not really knowing what to expect of the game but as soon as I watched the intro, I was hooked.

[B][COLOR="Red"]Graphics[/COLOR][/B] Every time a Call of Duty game comes out, I ask myself ''How can they possibly improve the graphics more than they are on this game??'' When I saw the graphics in this game, that answered my question once again. The graphics are intensely realistic! The shadowing and lighting effects are amazing as well! There are little things that really pull you in once you notice it. Like when you are aiming with your sights at someone, it will focus in around the area you are aiming at and the area outside your sights is all blurred so it feels like you are really trying to focus in on the enemy. The environmental graphics look amazing as well. If you are in an office building filled with cubicles, computers and filing cabinets and you roll a frag grenade in there(frag grenades keep rolling when they're on a slant) it will blow up, shooting papers, pieces of computers and chairs everywhere. Its really gives you the feel that you are in the body of your character.

[B][COLOR="Red"]The Plot[/COLOR][/B] Im not getting into the plot too much because I don't want to waste an amazing storyline for you guys! All I will say is America is under attack and you gotta defend your Country! There is also a mission I mention at the end of this review because it actually disturbed many people.

[B][COLOR="Red"]Multiplayer[/COLOR][/B] Well anyone who has played any of the newer Call of Duty's should know how popular the online modes are for it. You get the ability to level up your soldier by gaining experience for every person you kill online. Theres also a whole bunch of different games like Capture the Flag, Demolition(teams tryin to blow up each others bombs), Team Deathmatch, Free For All, and more! When you level up you got perks that you could put onto your classes to make yourself a bit better. Some perks made bullets do more damage, and some made you run for longer distances before getting tired. There were also challenges for each gun you used that would unlock better upgrades and sights for the guns as you unlocked them. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 has all this and more! They now have perks that level up so they do multiple things when you have them at the highest levels. There are many more challenges to complete with the guns, the game modes, killstreaks, deathstreaks, and more! There are now Killstreak rewards that allow you to choose your own killstreaks so it isnt always the same stuff to expect like the other Call of Duty's with their helicopters or dogs. They decided to add in some new game modes such as 3rd person demolitions or team deathmatches. This brings a new feel to the game because it is no longer first person. They still have the Prestige modes in this game but you must be level 70 to hit the prestige modes now. There are now some emblems and callsigns you can upgrade for your character so people see them when you kill them. They are unlocked depending on what happens in the matches. Specific things unlock them and there are a whole bunch to unlock.
They have definitely PERFECTED the multiplayer in this game!

[B][COLOR="Red"]The Mission That Disturbed Many....And Excited Everyone else![/COLOR][/B] Alright I dont want to ruin anything but there has been so many arguments on this mission that I have to get it out. In the game you play this random mission where you are undercover with these terrorists and you start in an elevator. The leader tells you ''remember, no russian'' as you all walk out of the elevator into the first floor of an airport full of civilians. At the same time all of the terrorists(including your undercover guy) lifts the guns and starts killing everyone. The realism in this level is intense... When I first played it, I just LOVED the feeling of power personally lol... Feelings best left for video games =p..But going through the level, seeing people all fearing you, crawling away and bleeding out as i casually walked up and shot them, it really almost felt too realistic. Like in a game like Prototype or Grand Theft Auto, I can kill hundreds of civilians without a thought of sorrow for them lol. But this whole mission as neat as it feels, it makes you feel a bit wrong as well. The whole point of the mission is to go through this airport killing everyone so noone lives. I personally loved it lol but i can definitely see why people would be angry about that.

All in all I'm giving this game a 10/10 because its amazing in every way. Amazing storyline, Beautifully realistic graphics and feel, and the multiplayer is veeerrrryyy addicting.. almost too addicting haha.

I hope you all enjoy the game as much as I did And I hope you enjoyed my review on it as well =)

-Xy

Good review! I'd basically say the same on it all you did. Only problem is I still haven't gotten a crack at this game yet, the husband refuses to hand it over so I can play lol!

Seen him go through the game a good 6 or 7 times, I rather love the storyline too. And the Airport thing was pretty interesting indeed. Didn't really disturb me or freak me out none, kinda creepy thought but thats bout it for me. For me it's just more interesting to see the perspective of it you know? More from the "bad guy" point of view in a terrorist situation, vs the general point of view you get where your rushing them in an attempt to stop it from happening. Kinda creepy to watch or even think about doing but that's what makes it so interesting I suppose.

Graphics are indeed amazingly well done! Though I do gotta wonder if something glitch wise is known about a certain map in multiplayer where its raining, I don't know what one it is specifically. The screen went fuzzy for a few minutes for no reason then went right back to being clear again. Kinda wondering if you've seen that yourself or heard about it? Husband had it happen to him earlier when he was playin. First time we've seen it though so eh nothing major or re-occuring.

Personally though once he finally 100% everything on it and is willing to let go of the PS3 I'm gonna give it a go. I loved the last one myself and I've never been big on military related first person shooters, apart from I suppose the Halo series though that sorta doesnt fall under that I suppose. Last one changed my mind though, so I wanna run through this one too.

Yes I agree with you with the airport mission for sure. It gives you a different perspective instead of always being the hero it's the complete opposite. I personally loved it the first time around haha.

As for the fuzzy glitch i havent noticed it yet but I will keep watch in case i notice it. It could have been some lag or something. If i see somethin i'll let ya know =)

Still wont share... :(

Hmmm.. Though our roommate got a copy for his computer. I guess the only thing bad he's gotta say about it is you can't host and make servers. I dunno I guess he figured you could since it's pc.

*shrug* I'm just happy to not be hearing him on either Aion or FF Online yelling every thrity seconds... ^_^

[quote name='Xyandar'] In the game you play this random mission where you are undercover with these terrorists and you start in an elevator. [/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call it random seeing as how it's [spoiler]the cause of the war.[/spoiler] But it was indeed an interesting turn to the storyline. I got really hyped up when I found out you went undercover, I thought they might throw some like espionage stealth action in the game.[spoiler]Of course the end of the mission destroys those ideas[/spoiler] :P.Although, I think that would have been a sweet idea. But yeah speaking of graphics, I popped in CoD4 earlier today, and the graphics in Modern Warfare 2, are definitely superior, to my surprise seeing as when Call of Duty 4 came out, I thought those were like "the best of the best" when it came to graphics. Anyway, just my two cents, and I agree with everyone so far, the game is really good.

I wanna know how 141 recruits this special PRIVATE FIRST CLASS and puts him on that mission? Seriously doubt IW thinks this lowly about the C.I.A.. Other than that the game screams something will happen with Shepard since he's in every level transition.

Multiplayer is where nearly all my time on it has gone. Aside from the pain in finding playable matches, I have no objections to the game. I love using my favourite weapon; the FAMAS.

Yeah I can't wait for the next one... probably won't be until november 2010.... or 2011... but it'll be worth it =P

Multiplayer is so addicting. I had to take the game out today and put Borderlands in so I could get a break because I bought Call of duty the day it came out and havent played a game since lol(i have like 65 games now lol). and my favorite weapon right now is the RP 90 with Red Dot :) What levels everyone online?? and PS3 PC or XBOX 360?? Im level 39 so far(havent worked on it too much.. just finished campaign on Veteran.) and im playin it on a Xbox 360

[quote name='Xyandar']Yeah I can't wait for the next one... probably won't be until november 2010.... or 2011... but it'll be worth it =P

Multiplayer is so addicting. I had to take the game out today and put Borderlands in so I could get a break because I bought Call of duty the day it came out and havent played a game since lol(i have like 65 games now lol). and my favorite weapon right now is the RP 90 with Red Dot :) What levels everyone online?? and PS3 PC or XBOX 360?? Im level 39 so far(havent worked on it too much.. just finished campaign on Veteran.) and im playin it on a Xbox 360[/quote]Prestige one level 41, 360. I get my share of "No life." comments but its not like I'll see them again. ^_^!

[quote name='Recaldy']Prestige one level 41, 360. I get my share of "No life." comments but its not like I'll see them again. ^_^![/QUOTE]

lol nice im level 41 now not prestige yet lol and ive got nothing to do but play video games and take care of mt pets all day and night lol