OtakuBoards

Moments that move you

rotlung

Ok what I"m looking for is that moment or episode that stayed with you and why. It has to be something that deeply effected the characters so much that it moved you. Maybe an example is better than trying to explain it...

One piece- [spoiler]The Burning of the Going Merry

This was a truely a changing point in the series. It almost ripped the crew apart. Then brings them closer together than ever before. [/spoiler]

I'm looking for things along those lines.

One that changed the series for me was in Fullmetal Alchemist [spoiler]when Hughes was killed by envy. The sudden loss of a life you had grown to know so well ended not even halfway through the series. Ed and Al find out later that it was the Homunculi that did it, then all hell broke loose[/spoiler]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]I have added spoiler tags and the series name the spoiler is for, [B]Cloud-Strife[/B]. Please use spoiler tags in the future for things like that, regardless of how well-known it may be. ~~Sangome[/SIZE][/FONT]

The moment that always pops into my head first is the climactic moment of [b]Eureka Seven[/b]'s 26th episode: [spoiler]Eureka falls off her board while searching for Renton and is plunging through the sky. She's about to be caught by Charles Beams when all of a sudden Renton swoops down in the Nirvash, catches Eureka and embraces her in the cockpit.[/spoiler] Everything about this moment works perfectly -- the animation (and how it emphasizes both the danger and excitement of the scene), the music, the acting (in both Japanese and the English dub), the way the moment completely changes the course of Renton and Eureka's relationship and on and on and on. It's the closest thing to a perfect moment as I have seen in an anime.

I cried at the end of Fooly Cooly.
For a totally odd and humorous anime meant to parodize the government and pop culture, it ended beautifully.

The Evangelion Ending (whether Movie or Series) was amazing. Also the part where[spoiler] Eva 03 was eaten by Shinjis Eva and almost killed his friend, or when his body melted and he lived a few hours on the telepathic plain.[/spoiler]

And I agree with the Fullmetal Alchemist.

Off the topic of anime, the dog episode of Futurama.
Dick move guys, Dick move.

[quote name='NaptimeHero']well honestly im a bit to lazy to look back and see if this has been brought up before...but have you ever seen a scene of anime that made you cry?

i have...Fate/Stay Night was probably the worst for me...just the ending in general...[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Yes, we have had this brought up before -- recently, too. :p Since many moving moments can also make you cry, I went ahead and merged this for you.

Anyway, for me, one of the most moving moments for me would be in the final episode of the first Fullmetal Alchemist series. [spoiler]Edward was maliciously killed by Envy in the episode prior, and now finds himself standing in front of the Gate, along with his killer. Envy's busy screaming about where Hohenheim is, and after he leaves, Ed lets out a weak mutter of Alphonse's name, and then tears roll down his face [it's hard to tell with all the light, but it's there]. I don't know what it is, but something about that moment [the music probably didn't help either] just kinda got at me. And Vic Mignogna absolutely refused to spoil himself for the end of the series, so his emotions/reactions were real. Say what you will about the man, but he is absolutely dedicated to his work, and I'm excited to hear him again in Brotherhood.[/spoiler] [/SIZE][/FONT]

In Samurai Champloo when [spoiler]Mugen[/spoiler] was having a near death experience. The "gods of death" were surrounding him, and he was having a flashback. The figures surrounding him were surreal, and the music was ancient and haunting as well. The music paused for a moment when he reflected on a conversation he had on the beach where his friend expressed her resentment of their lot. I had a knot in my throat and it felt as if I was holding my breath for 7 minutes.

Good scene.

In bleach when rukia [spoiler]]told ichigo not to follow her when she was captured by renji and byakuya[/spoiler], and then when orihime [spoiler]almost kissed ichigo before going to hueco mundo[/spoiler]; those are kind of obvious though; they're supposed to be really sad

I was really moved in black lagoon in the yakuza arc when the girl [spoiler]who was taking over the washimine clan[/spoiler] talked about the night. it really made me think about how darkness is always used to represent evil, but it can also be beautiful.