OtakuBoards

what do you think???

Hinata

[COLOR=royalblue] I know that most of us here have a different outak on life and why we're here. So I want people to express themselves. Do you feel you're here for a devine pupose or is your life nothing but suffering? Why do you feel that way? [/COLOR]

[COLOR=deeppink] In my belief I feel that my life is nothing but a test to see what kind of person I truly am. Whether I am basically good or evil. I feel that my life will only have an impact on those close to me and that's it. I don't have a complex life( thank goodness) and luckily I haven't suffered much. [/COLOR]

[SIZE=5][B][COLOR=red] NOTE THIS IS NOT A DEBATE ON WHO'S RIGHT OR WRONG!!!! SO PLEASE NO ARGUMENTS OR I'LL ASK FOR THE THREAD TO BE CLOSED.[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sweetreyes [/i]
[B][COLOR=royalblue] I know that most of us here have a different outak on life and why we're here. So I want people to express themselves. Do you feel you're here for a devine pupose or is your life nothing but suffering? Why do you feel that way? [/COLOR]

[COLOR=deeppink] In my belief I feel that my life is nothing but a test to see what kind of person I truly am. Whether I am basically good or evil. I feel that my life will only have an impact on those close to me and that's it. I don't have a complex life( thank goodness) and luckily I haven't suffered much. [/COLOR]

NOTE THIS IS NOT A DEBATE ON WHO'S RIGHT OR WRONG!!!! SO PLEASE NO ARGUMENTS OR I'LL ASK FOR THE THREAD TO BE CLOSED[/B][/QUOTE]

Nicely said. sorry I changed the size of your little note but If I didnt this'd be quite a long chunk of the page ;) (The sig doesnt help)

You know what, I think about this kind of thing occasionally. I try not to cos when I do I tend to ask myself 'why does the universe exist' which isnt so bad. Then I ask 'Does the universe exist' which is quite scary. Youve really got to be able to think about it in the way i do to understand.

Anyway... I'm really not sure. Too many things happen in my life for me to put it all down to coincidence. Certain numbers etc. always tend to be significant. for example my candidate no. in my GCSE exams was the same as the code I had to use for the photocopier at high school. Back when I was younger, whenever schools/clubs wand stuff decided to split us into colour groups, I was always on the blue team. Little things, that are nothing on their own but build up. This is all slightly irrelevant to the point you were making, but it is because of this that I have always wondered why I'm here. I had the idea that life may be a test, too, for reasons that I won't go into. As for the devine purpose, I'm really not sure about 'devine', but perhaps...

by the way about the significant number thing. This is really weird, but i keep seeing '666' everywhere.....

Hm...I'll just make it short and sweet...I could go on for hours about this...I think that all humans are here for one purpose. To protect all other animals. If you think about it humans are the only animals who can actually protect other species of animals. So yeah I think we are here sort of like "PROTETORS"

(Yes there is a commercial that says that, but I thought this before that so:p :rolleyes: )

Oh and Dues...I also think about if the universe really does exist, and stuff like that..:drunk: I think of some really crazy stuff sometimes...:drunk:

Well, I don't think that anyone exists for a divine purpose. Honestly, it's hard to tell whether we control our own destinies or are simply puppets for fate. It is quite humbling thinking that our own lives are predetermined and that we are simply "going through the motions."

Anyway, I feel that we all exist to endure life's trials. In life, unless you're living under a rock, you'll encounter various decisions, temptations and choices. When life is all said and done in life, I believe that we are all here as a means to determine how we will end up when we die. It's religious stuff I guess.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bluewizard [/i]
[B]Survival of the fitest. There is no heaven or hell. We are just higher evolved life forms. The view of the scientist. No fate or destiny. Kind of deppresing, but now you know how I feel. [/B][/QUOTE]
i just have to say that there are many scientists that believe in God (or at least a higher power) - i'm not trying to start an arguement, i just dislike such large generalizations for they are generally false.

anyway, i believe we are all here for a purpose, and part of that purpose is to figure out where we fit (where we can do the most good) :D
hey, deus - i have something similar, the numbers i am given in life are almost always easy to remember (lots of repeating digits - but not the triple 6s)

Guest Voodookanaka
didnt a famous person once say life is suffering ?

I believe im not the same as everyone else, but i think thats where it ends, if i ever see fate im gonna chop his dice in half and laugh in his face...............

[B]I think that everyone is an individual, i think that fate is crap, and that we are in charge of our own destinies, if you want to do something, do it, if you want to be something, the be it, i also think that any fear of following your dreams is pointless, where will you be in 20 years time if you haven't followed your dreams. Also, you can affect as many people as you want to affect. BE WHO YOU WANT TO BE!!![/B]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bluewizard [/i]
[B]Survival of the fitest. There is no heaven or hell. We are just higher evolved life forms. The view of the scientist. No fate or destiny. Kind of deppresing, but now you know how I feel. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=blue]Pretty much my view too. After going through a pre mid life mid life crisis a few years ago I came to my own conclusion that we are just clever animals, I've never really been religious and I don't think we're here for a higher purpose, just to propagate the species. To this end I think my purpose in life is to do what I want with my life - as long as I don't hurt anybody else in the process - I don't want to have kids or anything, life's too short and there's too much out there in the world to see and do and I want to experience as much as I can before I die. For me personally, I've always been the sort of person who wants to help other people and make their lives better, but thats just me, I think each person should have the freedom to do what they want with their own life without worrying about what happens afterwards, you only get one chance at everything, so make the most of it while it lasts.

We all have to go to the big black some day, but it's what you before you go that counts.........[/color]

To be really blunt, we're just here to reproduce, take care of our young, and die. Sounds bad, but theoretically true.

The meaning of life is: To live. You only have one shot at it, so live it out the way you want. It is the basis of free will.

I don't believe anyone's fate is predetermined. Everything you do, no matter how small, can dramatically change your future. It's all in the path that you choose. I feel that the purpose of people is to simply live and do as they will. In that aspect, it's all black and white. (I say this without considering religion at all.)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Darkness [/i]
[B]I don't believe anyone's fate is predetermined. [/B][/QUOTE]

I remember some argument about this point. The general idea was that if your whole life was predetermined, and someone knew everything you were going to do, then he could predict what you would do no matter what, however if he told you what you were gonna do you wouldn't do it, just so that you could prove him wrong, so the 'fate' thing can't work.

[B][COLOR=royalblue] I know that most of us here have a different outak on life and why we're here. So I want people to express themselves. Do you feel you're here for a devine pupose or is your life nothing but suffering? Why do you feel that way? [/COLOR]

[SIZE=5][B][COLOR=red] NOTE THIS IS NOT A DEBATE ON WHO'S RIGHT OR WRONG!!!! SO PLEASE NO ARGUMENTS OR I'LL ASK FOR THE THREAD TO BE CLOSED.[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=green] Well, everyone has a different and exotic future. I feel that I have a special job or something that i will do to change someones life, remember, if you werent there, the world as you know it, would be DIFFERENT. You make crutical decisions in your life, whether to do something or not. I feel like i have a purpose in life because, i make differences in so many peoples lives and when i get older. I will just make a difference in many MORE peoples life, so i think that everyone in this world, has a purpose, just that some of them are harder then others and other times, people are too lazy to do anything, so thats where you get bums, but actually they could be working somewhere with a good or mediocore job. With a family but no, they didnt wanna work so look at them. You just need to work to get the best possible way of living your life, no one can life it for you. You make the decisions. Be careful....[/color]

[color=indigo]I believe in fate in sense. I feel that every person has at least one brief moment to truly do something truly extraordinary. A lot of times, however, a person only has that one chance, and if they pass it up or screw it up then they won't get another one. I think it is that one decision that has a greater impact on our lives then all of the rest of our experiences combined...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina [/i]
[B]

I remember some argument about this point. The general idea was that if your whole life was predetermined, and someone knew everything you were going to do, then he could predict what you would do no matter what, however if he told you what you were gonna do you wouldn't do it, just so that you could prove him wrong, so the 'fate' thing can't work. [/B][/QUOTE]

What if they told you something wrong,inorder for you to do what HE/SHE TRULLY predicted?Or tottaly twist your mind like the Matrix???:laugh: that would be funny!(I don't wanna start an arguement)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by woody [/i]
[B]Here is my belief on life. Your life depend on your star sign. You're born on a certain date, and that date determine your destiny. I was born in a bad year, therefore, my life is miserable. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkblue]You think the stars tell our fate. Pretty interesting but I think I agree with the others you can choose your own destiny...but in fact I think they (the stars can serve as guides.) That is if yo can see it like that.[/COLOR]

And oh what year were you born!!!!! Just trying to make sure I wasn't in the same year..LOL

[B]Here is my belief on life. Your life depend on your star sign. You're born on a certain date, and that date determine your destiny. I was born in a bad year, therefore, my life is miserable. [/B][/QUOTE]

I think you have too much to worry about, woody. I think you should take a break :) maybe you'd feel better after.
I don't think that it matters what year you were born on, or your star sign, though it is strange that I have tons of friends the same sign as me....

[B]

[COLOR=darkblue]You think the stars tell our fate. Pretty interesting but I think I agree with the others you can choose your own destiny...but in fact I think they (the stars can serve as guides.) That is if yo can see it like that.[/COLOR]

And oh what year were you born!!!!! Just trying to make sure I wasn't in the same year..LOL [/B][/QUOTE]
I have two birthdate
One in birth certificait - January 1, 1984
The actual one date - December 27 or 28 1982
I don't know why it's like that.
I born in the year of the dog, the element is water which is again my parent. My dad element is fire, and my my born in the year of dragon. Once I turn 18, that's when the problem arrive.

[B]
I have two birthdate
I born in the year of the dog, the element is water which is again my parent. My dad element is fire, and my my born in the year of dragon. Once I turn 18, that's when the problem arrive. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well I was born Aug. 6, 1982...but hold on...shouldn't you be 18 now....*theme from Jaws plays as sweetreyes swims away with fear*

[B]
I have two birthdate
I born in the year of the dog, the element is water which is again my parent. My dad element is fire, and my my born in the year of dragon. Once I turn 18, that's when the problem arrive. [/B][/QUOTE]

hmmm you were only born one and a half months before me, can that be bad?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina [/i]
[B]

hmmm you were only born one and a half months before me, can that be bad? [/B][/QUOTE]
1982 is a good year for male, bad for female. If you give me the date of birth of your family members, I can check to see if you get along with them.

QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sweetreyes [/i]
[B]

Well I was born Aug. 6, 1982...but hold on...shouldn't you be 18 now....*theme from Jaws plays as sweetreyes swims away with fear* [/B][/QUOTE]
Actually, I'm 19 already. I check my birthdate and compare to my parent, it's terrible, we don't get along.

[color=crimson]
I am here, Just because two people wanted pleasure. You know what I mean, and I wont go into details if you dont.

I'm not here for any divine purpose, or here just for suffering.

Life isnt all that bad. Just gotta live it day by day....

I dont think any stars or a silly date hold control over me... I am my own person.

My purpose is to do one thing, and to do it well: To be Ken, and to be true to myself and others.

Nothing less, Nothing more.
[/color]