OtakuBoards

Fullmetal Alchemist

Guest dark kitsune

• 2 weeks later...
They bumped it up to 11:30!? That'll teach me to rely on a VCR. Dammit... it was not my intention to tape FLCL. :animeangr

Well, aside from my being all hot and bothered over missing out on [spoiler]Wrath's (?)[/spoiler] big debut, it's nice to see FMA on TV again. And re-watching the episodes I caught on TV before the long and painful break (i.e. in the fourth and fifth DVDs) is proving to be surprisingly enjoyable. Even the Psiren story wasn't particularly wearisome the second time around.

~Dagger~

My deepest apologies, AzureWolf, you were right.... I found out that WASN'T the senior story line editor that posted that.... It was some con or something.......
Anyways, I was watching episode 40 or 41 on my computer the other day and [spoiler]Rose was indeed raped by soldiers. Scar even said it himself.[/spoiler]
Once again, I am sorry. Next time I will do further research before starting such a fuss.

Thank you.

yea l love FMA i seen all the episodes 1-30 i cant wait to see episode 31 this sat. :animeknow

-----

Hey I want to know why is F.M.A so popular to people and what impact does it have on all you fma fans? :animeswea Me i like the show because you'll never know whats gonna happen next and most things happen unsuspected now i wanna know why you like it and why its so popular to you. :animeswea

n_n I LOVE FMA!!!!!>_< it's one of my top favorites!!!! I also have all the latest magas (japanese), they're awwesome!!! I think the manga is more intence then the anime. and quite depressing...bUT SOOOOooOOOO GOOOOD! i love ed!!!!and roy!!! and scar!!!!>_< who can ever hate ed!!!haha..

Guest winggoddess
[FONT=Century Gothic][[COLOR=Blue]undefined[/COLOR] :catgirl: I agree with you, I love Full Metal Alchemist! i too love the art work. i find it far more advanced and less boring then american cartoons. Anime doesnt always have the "happy Ending" that american cartoons have. I mean even the hero in Anime dies just look at wolf's rain [spoiler]they all died and they were the heros![/spoiler] [/FONT] [/FONT]

[QUOTE=Dagger]
Well, aside from my being all hot and bothered over missing out on [spoiler]Wrath's (?)[/spoiler] big debut...[/QUOTE]

:animeangr I missed that as well (heck, I didn't even know FMA was back on the air until a couple of days ago)! I was rather looking forward to hearing Wrath's english voice. I guess I'll have to watch it tomorrow if I can even stay up that late. Usually its watch naruto and then bed. Lol

I believe that the English voice actor for Wrath is Michael Derrson, or something. According to this German FMA site, he's also supposed to do the Fuhrer's son, too.

................[I]"Jannen brench was die hier än läßt er Michael Derrssonn, ünd der Englisch verssionen aus Über-Mettällen Alchemistene"[/I]......

Yes, said it there.

Well, hope that helps.

Teiler Johannes Niels Jääfren Köregäten

everyone i want to keep calm when i say this, I have SEEN the fullmetal alchemist movie.

Yeah,my friend and i was getting it but she was able to get it before me and she watched it before me :mad: dam her. Anyway the movie itse;f is actually quite good, although my friend was disapointed in it, i on the other hand wasn't expecting too much from it. I have to say this one thing though, if your expecting comedy like there was in the series then go ARE going to be disapointed, there are only a few jokes through out the entire movie and even these are quick though. But saying that there was some comedy in evangelion (at the very begining) but that died down til the end and eventually got smashed down to nothing in the movie.

I personally thought the plot and the story that contined after the movie could have been worked on a bit more, as it left slighly too much to the imagination. But all of our favourate character are there, if only shown for like 5 seconds and only having like one line :rolleyes: . The ending of the moive was a big disapointment for me, i won't give anything away but i was hoping something else would of happened instead of what did happen.

To sum up the movie in all it was good going on great, if you like the end of evangelion, then you most properly like the FMA movie. But the version i saw was quite bad, the sumtitles weren't clear and neither was the angle that i saw it at so i'm going to get it when it comes out.

Yes, I agree. As some of you already know, I went to see the movie in Japan this summer. It was exactly like that.

It was very good, but it left me wanting more. The thing that hurt was your your wants wouldn't be fulfilled because bam, the series is over.

I do recommend it. To understand it, you would have had to see the entire series, and that rules out a lot of people.

Thanks.

I agree about you have to have seen the wholes series, cos there are some bits that are unexplained or leave you wondering why. I did enjoy it though, i thought again that there could have been more going on invlove some of our old favs but then again we can't do anything, i was NOT happy with the ending though !

[spoiler]Tucker[/spoiler] is back~!!! :catgirl:

Due to having missed at least two episodes, I was at first completely confused about how Wrath fit into the equation. Fortunately, a good amount of his backstory was revealed in last week's episode (which I finally got around to watching just before seeing tonight's), so I think--and hope--I have that mostly sorted out.

Speaking of which: this show is [i]brutal.[/i] I mean, god. I guess the cute character designs keep lulling me back into a false sense of security (or something to that effect), but the scenes of [spoiler]Izumi's past attempt at human transmutation[/spoiler] were shocking and painful. Wrath's dialogue just made it exponentially harder to watch. (Is he voiced by Monica Rial? He sounds suspiciously similar to Game Master from Yu Yu Hakusho, who I know was played by her.) And the origins of the Homunculi...

Anyway. About Sloth: [spoiler]I'm confused. In one of the episodes I was re-watching earlier, Al overhears her speaking (right before or after meeting her for the first time) and thinks/says something like, "I heard our mother's voice." But she's not really the Homunculus of their mother, is she?[/spoiler] *scratches head*

In other news, I really like Envy and Greed.

~Dagger~

These episodes have been teases for Al fans, I keep thinking Al's gonna get Bad *** and kick some butt and then he doesn't.

The plot's gotten interesting with Wrath/Anger, as far as I can tell all but 1 homonculi has been revealed. Lust,Envy,Gluttony,Sloth,Wrath/Anger, and Greed, so the only one left is Pride. [spoiler]Could this guy be the bad man Gluttony was scared of in the episode when they went into Lab 5(or was it lab 4?).[/spoiler]

As far as Sloth [spoiler] goes I'm not sure, it could sound like their mom to Al just because of the stuff that happened to him.[/spoiler]

[color=darkslateblue] Mm... I am excited that American viewers are getting into the 2nd season of FMA. It's basically when the anime shoots off into its own tangent, and I actually think they did a very good job of it. Although I still think the FMA manga is just much tighter. I think episode 34 is when it really starts kicking up for me. :]

I've gotten a bit used to the voice-overs for FMA. I actually really like Izumi's voice, and Envy's is...er... sort of growing on me. A bit. o_o [/color]

[i]I agree about you have to have seen the wholes series, cos there are some bits that are unexplained or leave you wondering why. I did enjoy it though, i thought again that there could have been more going on invlove some of our old favs but then again we can't do anything, i was NOT happy with the ending though ![/i]

[color=darkslateblue] The ending of series is not technically the ending of the whole FMA anime. The movie Conquere of Shamabla is supposed to be the last episodes, except in movie form. But anyway, I actually really liked the original anime ending of the series. Could you explain why you didn't like it?[/color]

Greed: Excellent. Greed's [spoiler]true form:[/spoiler] Er... I'll get back to you on that one.

This was a very entertaining episode. I love Greed's attitude (mad props to Chris Patton for voicing him with such panache) and how he's kind of set apart from the rest of his kind. He's a little avant-garde, as far as the Homunculi go. The scene in which he reprimanded his underling for not [spoiler]smashing his head off cleanly[/spoiler] was just priceless.

But my favorite part was when he casually asked Izumi, "And who the hell are [i]you[/i]?" Her response was hilarious and provided the perfect ending for the first half of the episode. :catgirl:

By the way, Dante is starting to get pretty creepy...

~Dagger~

I can't comprehend how a thread ruins an anime for someone, unless they look at the spoiler tags,but by doing so you would be the only one to blame. Letting the thoughts of others sway you in such a way confuses me greatly.

Off to the latest episode: Dagger pretty much said what I thought about most things but I do have curious thoughts.

[spoiler] If I remember correctly there was mention of a skull, if that's what was in the safe and Greed fears it,then that must be the only way to defeat Greed. Since that's most likely the only way to beat greed Ed's gonna have one hell of a fight on his hands next episode. [/spoiler]

One aspect I like about FMA is that it's the story of two brothers,but unfortunately it's got more to do with Ed than Al. I really wanna see Al kick some butt and not lose at the end of the fight like he has recently, hopefully something like that occurs in the future.

Another question, Dante's Creepy? How so?

[quote name='Noside']Another question, Dante's Creepy? How so?[/quote]
Mm... it's hard to articulate. I guess it's at least partly the fact that she seems to know a lot more than she's letting on (and also the fact that she and Izumi disagree over something apparently quite important, at least in terms of their personal philosophies). What bothered me most was her personality shift, though--she was all sweet-old-grandma with the boys, but she became very sly and hawkish around Izumi. I don't necessarily think she'll turn out to have an evil streak, or anything like that, but I'd definitely watch my back around her if I were them. :animeswea

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=animekid17]I actually agree with dagger she is kinda creepy, but thats not what I wanna know.

I wanna know why some people diss the way the characters display "emotion" in the english dub version. I actually think it's fantastic. anyone else?[/QUOTE]
Yup! Me too! I'm absolutly in love with the dub. It's perfect to me :D !

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Damn, I missed the last two episodes of it due to going to friend's houses and Oni-Con... But I read the manga, but it's so freakin' different. I'm kinda confused.

In the manga (slight no biggie spoiler, but just in case):
[spoiler] They just found out about the Homoculis being all...Homoculily... :animeswea [/spoiler] Also, I read ahead in the manga a bit.
*Explodes from all all the crap*

Me: Right
Crap:Left
:blowup:

Anyway, if I'm lucky, I'll be able to catch one tonight.[/FONT][/COLOR] :cool:

Episode 34: Oh noes! :animecry:

However, before I get into [i]that[/i]... I thought I'd mention that episode 34 is (in terms of artwork and animation quality) the best episode so far--and by a wide margin, too. I was exceedingly impressed by both Armstrong's fight at the beginning and [spoiler]Ed's final battle against Greed,[/spoiler] but especially the latter.

The fluidity and creativity definitely surpassed anything shown previously in FMA. I felt as though even the still shots were extra-detailed and more carefully drawn than usual. And if the preview is any indication of what's to come, the series may continue adhering to this new level of quality.

So at least [spoiler]Greed was able to go out with a real bang. Even so, I can't say his death didn't get me down. It didn't touch me emotionally, but it did give me a sense of regret--in this episode more so than any of the previous ones, he proved himself to be one of the coolest Homunculi... and also one of the most "human" and sympathetic.[/spoiler]

Looks as though there wasn't anything weird going on with [spoiler]Dante. I guess this means I'll have to shift my suspicions onto Lyra.[/spoiler] Which shouldn't be much of a problem, since I already harbor a bit of hatred toward her for her part in facilitating [spoiler]Greed's death.[/spoiler]

EDIT: Also, I'm rather depressed that this means I won't be hearing [spoiler]Chris Patton[/spoiler] in FMA anymore. He did such a fantastic job with his role.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]He he...

I was watching it to, and I completely argee. The last fight was extremely great. I remember watching and thinking, "Man, I got to tape that later... :D "

I doing it right now. :cool:

Sigh, [spoiler]Greed was my favorite homunculi...[/spoiler][/FONT][/COLOR]