OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party Problem(?)

Shy

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Only if we can get an insufferable egotist award, too. :p[/FONT]

[quote name='Delta'][COLOR=#35425e]Talk is cheap, and it doesn't get any cheaper than in PRP. I am crossing my fingers in hope that PRP will share the same fate as the posts in it:

[B]If nobody gives a flying frock, maybe it will just go away.[/B] [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Yep, PRP is the cancer that is killing (O)/b/.[/FONT]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]As for an actual complaint/concern... If you're thinking of Sara's signature, I thought that was meant to be a clever way to promote additional activity around the site. Instead of a real complaint against the thread. But only Sara would know the answer to that. [/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1][b]A little here, a little there. . . =]

I don't really have anything against it. I [i]do[/i] find it discouraging that promising topics are brought up in the PRP and then abandoned so quickly. Chibi keeps saying that it's a place for ideas that don't merit their own thread, but I think many of the subjects that are touched on [i]could[/i] hold their own in a separate thread, if our collective attention span were a little longer.[/b][/size]

[font=lucida fax]I was actually planning on copying Sara's signature. In the past months a big part of the most interesting threads in the Lounge was created by Sara and were basically little easy topics, which by anybody else at this moment would be thrown into the Padded Room Party to die after two posts. Plus, I'm too lazy to read through a thread too full of easy inside puns that nobody gets outside of that thread, to catch the interesting little topics in it.

The comparison with Twitter was a bit off in that way that Twitter has a practical subject tag system, which the Padded Room Party does not.

Basically. I am pretty much for all little topics in that thread turning into little topics in the Lounge. Who cares if a thread gets 2 replies or something? At least it's more in the open to read and reply to.

:^D
[color=#EDEDED]so actually just read Sara's post:[/COLOR]
[/font]
[quote name='Sara'][size=1]I don't really have anything against it. I [i]do[/i] find it discouraging that promising topics are brought up in the PRP and then abandoned so quickly. Chibi keeps saying that it's a place for ideas that don't merit their own thread, but I think many of the subjects that are touched on [i]could[/i] hold their own in a separate thread, if our collective attention span were a little longer.[/size][/QUOTE]
[font=lucida fax]BTW I keep thinking I'm watching Sara when I'm watching Penelope. It's weird.[/font]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Ok, so I've kina skimmed through this whole thing...and, here's my conclusion. I [b]MAY[/b] be going about it the wrong way, but why not have this turned into it's own sub-forum? ....just an idea. (gawd, I just realized that what it'd do to Shy....give him even more of an ego boost....:animestun)

[quote name='Boo']
[font=lucida fax]BTW I keep thinking I'm watching Sara when I'm watching Penelope. It's weird.[/font][/QUOTE]

ME TOO! >.<[/COLOR]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I dunno if a subforum is necessary. The thread is designed to accommodate posts that wouldn't lend themselves to much discussion in the first place, so making an entire section of threads of that nature would kind of clutter. Besides, the Lounge is already kind of the "Everything Else" forum, having an everything else subforum would be like a message board version of those "Characters you love, BUT IN KINDERGARDEN" shows.

You know what, if this does actually end up being what happens, I propose naming it "The Lil' Lounge".

Though I'm up for anything that boosts Shy's ego a little more. I need a nominee if I'm gonna get that award I proposed approved.[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]You know what, if this does actually end up being what happens, I propose naming it "The Lil' Lounge".

Though I'm up for anything that boosts Shy's ego a little more. I need a nominee if I'm gonna get that award I proposed approved.[/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]'Shy Presents: Lil' Lounge.'

Just sayin'

-Shy[/size]

• 1 month later...