OtakuBoards

Your Latest Music Purchase

Nony

I did some searching and found out OB didn't have something like this (I'm pretty sure, anyway). Here's a little thread to share/show off what music you recently bought! Who knows, it may lead others to check out the artist/what-have-you themselves. Any kind of music counts, as long as you acquired it legally.

For me, I just pre-ordered the .hack//Link soundtrack today! :D Of course, I won't have it for another month, so I don't know how good or bad it will be just yet. But still, I'm quite excited since I've collected all the other .hack soundtracks [i]plus[/i] this one is Limited Edition. Yay nerdities!
Otherwise, before that I bought "Read My Mind" by The Killers via iTunes. Man, it's a great song, arguably one of their best.

[color=darkblue][size=1]I most recently purchased two compilation albums, Queen and Porcupine Tree. The Queen one was only one disc, but it has Crazy Little Thing Called Love and Bicycle Race. Good enough for me, lol . Would have been happier if it had Bohemian Rhapsody, but any Queen is good Queen.

As far Porcupine Tree, that was their The Delirium Years two-disc set. Trippy stuff, some of that. > > [/color][/size]

[quote name='Kei'][color=darkblue][size=1]As far Porcupine Tree, that was their The Delirium Years two-disc set. Trippy stuff, some of that. > > [/color][/size][/QUOTE]

Ooh, good purchase. ;) Not one I have, but then I have all of their albums anyway. Their early stuff was definitely very atmospheric.

As for me, it's been a while since I last bought any music. The last thing I had purchased was the old [B]Rush[/B] album [I]Fly By Night[/I] back in December.

But a check of my usual online music store tonight netted me [I]Sound Awake[/I] by [B]Karnivool[/B]. I've been waiting for this album ever since hearing their first back in 2007, and it sounds like they've stepped up their game and come up with something even better. I'm really looking forward to it.

Also bought [I]The Days of Grays[/I], the latest by Finnish power metal band [B]Sonata Arctica[/B].

[quote name='Kei'][color=darkblue][size=1]The Queen one was only one disc, but it has Crazy Little Thing Called Love and Bicycle Race. Good enough for me, lol . Would have been happier if it had Bohemian Rhapsody, but any Queen is good Queen.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

I got a Queen compilation album several years back, called "Queen: Greatest Hits I II & III, The Platinum Collection". It has a ton of songs on it (including Bohemian Rhapsody), 51 total to be exact. I think I recall it being around $20? I dunno, just a recommendation in case you see it yourself. ^^

• 2 weeks later...
I picked up [b]Friendly Fires[/b] self-titled album a few days back. It is a pretty fun album, and some of the tracks (most notably "Jump in the Pool", "Paris", and "Skeleton Boy") really make you want to get up and dance around.

I also bought [b]The Beatles[/b] remastered collection a few weeks back. It is pretty phenomenal.

[size=1]

I've 'acquired' the comlete discographies (barring split records and demos) of both [b]The Blood Brothers[/b] and [b]Botch[/b]. If you're a fan of avant-garde, experimental, indie, technically revolutionary post-hardcore or metal I'd recommend you check both bands out as they are AMAZING.

Recommended listening:

[b]The Blood Brothers[/b]: "Ambulance vs. Ambulance", "Cecilia and the Silhouette Saloon", "Teen Heat", "Set Fire To The Face On Fire".

[b]Botch[/b]: "O Fortuna", yes that is a cover. Incredible.
[/size]

• 1 month later...
I finally bought a new CD! The Killers' Hot Fuss album. I actually had money for once, so I went for it. :V Turns out I've already heard a lot of the songs on the album, like "Mr. Brightside", and it's a good thing I like 'em. lol I'm looking to complete their Sam's Town album next.

I'm hoping to branch out in my music a bit though, so I'ma comb through this thread sometime soon for ideas.