TimeChaser Posted February 14, 2010 Posted February 14, 2010 Need a bit of help understanding something. Every time I try to post You Tube videos, the end up being duplicated, I get two of the same. Any idea on what's going on and what I can do to stop this happening? Thanks
Boo Posted February 14, 2010 Posted February 14, 2010 [font=lucida fax]Hm. So you just copied the video code at the end of the URL, and put it between YouTube tags like below right? [quote][noparse]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[/noparse][u]1c1tsbAzx7c[/u] [noparse][youtube]1c1tsbAzx7c[/youtube][/noparse] Or when you want a title: [noparse][youtube=Desbreko vs. Blind]1c1tsbAzx7c[/youtube][/noparse][/quote][/font]
chibi-master Posted February 14, 2010 Posted February 14, 2010 I'm pretty sure this is on topic, but tell me if it's not, please... Could someone please explain to me how to insert a picture into my posts so that I don't have to use thumbnails for everything?:confused:
Boo Posted February 14, 2010 Posted February 14, 2010 [font=lucida fax]Almost on topic. :^D Anyway, you don't mean as an attachment, right? Because with the codes, you just take the URL of the image you want to use and then put it between [IMG] tags, like this: [noparse][IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/secretmoderatorstuff/Photos/Allamorph.jpeg[/IMG][/noparse] [/font]
TimeChaser Posted February 14, 2010 Author Posted February 14, 2010 [quote name='Boo'][font=lucida fax]Hm. So you just copied the video code at the end of the URL, and put it between YouTube tags like below right? [/font][/QUOTE] Actually I was copy/pasting from the "Embed" section of the video, which I guess is what was causing duplication. I didn't know you just had to take the end of the URL only after the watch?v= part. Such a fiddly process... Thanks for helping sort it out, Boo. :animesmil
Desbreko Posted February 16, 2010 Posted February 16, 2010 [color=#4B0082]I would've liked to make it so you could just paste the entire URL of a video between the tags, but with the way vB's custom bb code works, that isn't possible. The reason your videos were getting duplicated is probably because the tags use the same code as the Embed option on YouTube, so that was getting inserted twice.[/color]
The Spectacular Professor Posted February 16, 2010 Posted February 16, 2010 [quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]I would've liked to make it so you could just paste the entire URL of a video between the tags, but with the way vB's custom bb code works, that [B]isn't possible[/B].[/color][/QUOTE] [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]See me after class.[/FONT]
Desbreko Posted February 16, 2010 Posted February 16, 2010 [color=#4B0082]What are you talking about? I don't see anything wrong. :catgirl:[/color]
The Spectacular Professor Posted February 16, 2010 Posted February 16, 2010 [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Well played, Administrator.[/FONT]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now